• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Counter offer for FDE

I'm the new hire that formerly worked for Pfizer that posted earlier.

If you re-read my post you will see that I talk about my situation and how it is unique. I was able to negotiate a higher salary because my hiring manager fully intends on moving me to a full time position when one opens up later this year. I've worked the territory for my entire career and I know and had recommendations from the top Dr.'s in the territory. I also knew the former Lilly rep that had the territory and have known the manager for the last year or so.

Again I'm in a unique position- most of the normal FDE's are exactly like the other poster pointed out rejects and people laid off with average at best results. I'm a real player- compare it to baseball I'm not in double A trying to make it in the pro's- I'm an All-Star that just changed teams.

Actually, "drinking the kool-aid" refers to the Jim Jones cult mass suicide of 1978 where he ordered his flock to commit suicide by drinking grape kool-aid laced with potassium cyanide. Now it's used to mean don't blindly believe what someone tells you or don't believe too strongly what someone tells you.

Thanks for your attempt to enlighten me though. And it's a reference to an event, not an anachronism. That would be something like a microwave in a colonial kitchen...something out of place in time.

Sorry, us old farts sort of kind of remember the SF acid tests... that was the only time I ever drank Kool Aide but I always had that Kool Aide s-m-m-i-l-e afterward ... maybe a generational thing ... just ask Mitch when he's ten feet tall.

If you re-read my post you will see that I talk about my situation and how it is unique. I was able to negotiate a higher salary because my hiring manager fully intends on moving me to a full time position when one opens up later this year. I've worked the territory for my entire career and I know and had recommendations from the top Dr.'s in the territory. I also knew the former Lilly rep that had the territory and have known the manager for the last year or so.

Again I'm in a unique position- most of the normal FDE's are exactly like the other poster pointed out rejects and people laid off with average at best results. I'm a real player- compare it to baseball I'm not in double A trying to make it in the pro's- I'm an All-Star that just changed teams.

Ugh, obnoxious, if you are that great of a rep, you wouldn't be unemployed and taking one of these positions. I'm sure the mgr. shined your shoes and invited you home for dinner to learn from you too.

Wow, can't wait to meet you in training. Just know we will all be expecting an All-Star performance 24/7. Heck, you're so darn great... maybe you can train the rest of us rejects. What a joke!!!

Ugh, obnoxious, if you are that great of a rep, you wouldn't be unemployed and taking one of these positions. I'm sure the mgr. shined your shoes and invited you home for dinner to learn from you too.

I took a 78k severance at Pfizer- I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take such a lump sum. I knew I would be able to jump on with another solid company- and I did.

I'm sorry that my post offended some here- I'm sure many of you are great people and some of you will make fine reps that will eventually be offered full time positions. Good luck to all.