Cortisol build up and your wonderful sales career.

anonymous

Just makes me laugh at how bad the work/life balance is these days. Cortisol is a killer.

I am trading it all in for a job at Wal Mart or Target. At least those people smile all day, and will live 10-20 years longer, than you corporate idiots that are just less than pawns in the game. You failed at life. Sorry I have to point that out.

A career in corporate sales is just a silent killer. We are told to eat "crap" all day and work hard...only to be told that "you could have done more" or "what are you doing to get better".

As I approach my 60s, one this is abundantly clear:

A career in sales is not only a waste of time, but it is a waste of your life. The fact that I can't recommend a sales career to anyone is a great indicator of what I think of the job. And it is a job, not a career. Laborious, stressful, and lacking integrity. It is not worse than being a lawyer or doctor, but surely a terrible choice to make the "funny" money.

Just makes me laugh at how bad the work/life balance is these days. Cortisol is a killer.

I am trading it all in for a job at Wal Mart or Target. At least those people smile all day, and will live 10-20 years longer, than you corporate idiots that are just less than pawns in the game. You failed at life. Sorry I have to point that out.
So pissing people off as a receipt checker is better? Finally get to use your highlighter outside the house, yay! I hope your employee of the month photo looks good on the break room wall. That makes me laugh!

Delulu.

So pissing people off as a receipt checker is better? Finally get to use your highlighter outside the house, yay! I hope your employee of the month photo looks good on the break room wall. That makes me laugh!

Delulu.
Well, I am actually making over 6 figures teaching 9 months out of the year.

No field rides. Standard raise. Nobody checks in on me.

I teach in the city schools, something most you lack in leadership to ever consider. The students love me too. Helping the community. No travel. Work from 7-1 PM.

Don't blame me because you suck at life, and still think a career in corporate sales or any sales is actually good for your life. I get to spend summers travelling with my teacher wife, and we have a blast. Enjoy your 3 weeks of vacation. Good for you.

Well, I am actually making over 6 figures teaching 9 months out of the year.

No field rides. Standard raise. Nobody checks in on me.

I teach in the city schools, something most you lack in leadership to ever consider. The students love me too. Helping the community. No travel. Work from 7-1 PM.

Don't blame me because you suck at life, and still think a career in corporate sales or any sales is actually good for your life. I get to spend summers travelling with my teacher wife, and we have a blast. Enjoy your 3 weeks of vacation. Good for you.
I’ve been interested in switching to teaching. How long did the transition to becoming a teacher take? What certificates do I need and what types of schools are better to teach at?