• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Considering working for Medtronic..

Why not resurrect posts, for decent reasons. I will jump right back into this post from a year ago, just to say that Medtronic is an excellent company to work for. I work in sales for CRDM, and have for over 5 years. I am extremely happy with my position and do not plan to leave, barring an incredible offer sometime down the road.

It really is clear that those people worked in DM, and sad that the division is so far from the rest of Medtronic.

MDT is an excellent company to work for with great values and compensation, and I personally know a few of the executives, and wouldn't want anyone else running the company.

As a side note, get something better to do than mock people for "resurrecting" threads. Probably the first person to post on a new thread saying "this has already been talked about, stop being lazy and look it up". While offering no help in finding thafformentioned thread.

Forgive the brevity, sent from my iPhone.

To be more specific, DBS and Pain in the Neuromod division are good. Management seems to "get it".

On the other hand, Interstim is being run by clueless twits. Stay away from it.

To be more specific, DBS and Pain in the Neuromod division are good. Management seems to "get it".

I disagree with this post. I'm in the pain division and know a bunch of guys in both DBS and Interstim. Interstim seems to be the only division with strong implant growth each year, esp with new implants. DBS relies more on replacement business since their new implants growth is weak. From what I hear, some territories have more than 50% of their business off replacements. Scary. Pain sucks and I'm not alone thinking that. I'd go to Interstim in a heartbeat. Sure they have their challenges, what business doesn't? I hear the issue at interstim is too much loading and hard for implant growth to compete with aggressive aop. Also hearing to colo-rectal docs are picking up with new indication. I would run toward it instead of staying away.

This is so accurate. They are clueless.

Good rep for 2 or so years, pop, manager now. Load some shelves and get moved up and pretend your a good manager.

Politics is everything.

Come walk a mile in my Pain Shoes and then let me know how well you think they seem to get it. It just all depends on the year, the aop and market conditions. But we have our own set if clowns just like the rest.

Come walk a mile in my Pain Shoes and then let me know how well you think they seem to get it. It just all depends on the year, the aop and market conditions. But we have our own set if clowns just like the rest.

Please elaborate for those in DBS-a bit more about this position? I'd love to hear your insight? Is it a good division? Product well received? Are neuros your main focus? Thanks, in advance.

[ QUOTE ]
Working hard doesn't really do justice for what we Medtronic employees go through. It's rediculous and they claim you will have a "work/life" balance. WHEN? I work 80+ hours a week and am making my numbers and beyond but it's NEVER good enough. I've seen President Club winners tossed aside if they have one bad quarter. They don't care about you as a person...they care about the $$ attached to your territory. The turnover rate in 05 was 66% and Medtronic is not a company people stay at for very long. The average tenure is 2 years and I've made it for one and am out of here! One President Club winner said it best when she said "I've spent 5 years of my life with Medtronic and lost 10!" I would encourage you to pass on the opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing you are in the diabetes division. Or you are just full of it. First off, you can't make Presidents Club after 1 year...it is a 2 year award. Second, turnover at Medtronic is less than 5% in the sales force. If you don't believe me, look at the company year end prospectus. I personally work in neuro. I can tell you that the average tenure of the reps here is 7 or 8 years. There are probably about 25% that have been here 15 years plus. In CRM, that number is greater. Fact is, a life-time sales rep is something to be rewarded at Medtronic, whereas most companies, after 15 years, you aren't in management, you are washed-up. But in an industry where relationships are key, these people are highly valued.

Again, this is the case across Medtronic, except for diabetes. I know very little about diabetes except that they have a churn them and burn them approach to the sales force. That is a shame, but definitly not the case across medtronic.

I am interviewing for an extended care account rep position dealing with LTACS and Hospice companies. How is the turnover in that area of Medtronic?