• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Considering pump job

Anonymous

hi. i am considering pursuing a position on the pump side and have heard that this is the most popular pump on the market and the ipro is also a winner. Want to get an update from current reps about taking the offer to interview. I currently make 90K base with commission around 40-50k. thanks for any advice.

<

hi. i am considering pursuing a position on the pump side and have heard that this is the most popular pump on the market and the ipro is also a winner. Want to get an update from current reps about taking the offer to interview. I currently make 90K base with commission around 40-50k. thanks for any advice.

Stay where you are. Base pay is 60K. If you are in a good territory, you may have been able to do well, yet with the new pay plan for this year, it's gonna suck for most.

Advice: Stay where you are! You wont make that much money here and the work culture and ethics are HORRIBLE. You will be miserable.

I have made 170k, 260k, and 210k in 3 yrs as a TM with Medtronic. 60k is base salary but lots of potential in commission. I love hearing the whining about pay, workload, etc. i eat those types of reps for lunch and get paid well for doing it. Keep whining. Meanwhile I will enjoy my big house, boat, new car, and wonderful reputation since we have helped so many people with diabetes enjoy life. Focus on the patient and profits will follow.

I have made 170k, 260k, and 210k in 3 yrs as a TM with Medtronic. 60k is base salary but lots of potential in commission. I love hearing the whining about pay, workload, etc. i eat those types of reps for lunch and get paid well for doing it. Keep whining. Meanwhile I will enjoy my big house, boat, new car, and wonderful reputation since we have helped so many people with diabetes enjoy life. Focus on the patient and profits will follow.
Oh superior one, you may have made that, but you can kiss those big numbers gone with the new pay scale. Location, location, location is the key. If a person is in a good territory, they may do well. Yet, many of the territories are so broad, that most of your time is spent looking through glass. Be smart, stay where you are.

Need interview tips.

Can anyone tell me about the interview process? I received an email asking me to fill out a " Field Sales" e screen within 72 hours. Are there any key words, phrases that they are searching for? Also, if I get moved forward, what can I expect of the interview process. Thank you!

Re: Need interview tips.

Can anyone tell me about the interview process? I received an email asking me to fill out a " Field Sales" e screen within 72 hours. Are there any key words, phrases that they are searching for? Also, if I get moved forward, what can I expect of the interview process. Thank you!
Why would you even consider a position with them if you had read any of the post on this board. Better yet, check the new today or yesterday, Medtronic is all over it for paying doctors. I would ask myself, if one division does this, will all?

THere are several key words and phrases that should be used:

"What are ethics?" "Unscrupulous" "HIPPA Schmippa" "What is Cafepharma?" "Omnipod/Animas suck" "Mr. Meehan is my idol!" etc.