• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

COE/RANKINGS/Career ladder and resp

Agree? Disagree?

• Agree?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disagree?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just do the bare minimum that is required of you. Taking on other "champion" roles only helps your DM when when they are asked how you develop others. I know from my own experience, it won't amount to anything on the outside when applying for other jobs, and it SURE AS HELL won't amount to anything working at AZ. It's just extra busy work for you while your manager looks good as you work your ass off for meaningless tasks that get you an empty promise of promotion. Do the bare minimum and enjoy the job for what it is.

I have worked here for 20+ years and know many peers who were promoted and a few promoted 2 or 3 times and they never did more than the minimum except at meetings.
One of them is high up in Wilmington now and I know for a fact that she frequently took Fridays and Mondays off. It seems that the only thing that changes after you are promoted is cheating and lying gets easier.