Coaching -based performance

If you find your reps struggle with objections it is definitely your fault at hiring the wrong people and providing poor quality training. I spent 20 years in management and found that corrective action plans are only effective if provided long before they see the customer. Why wasn’t every possible objection covered a dozen times before they ever hit the field? Your approach is the tired old product of groupthink. I know a majority of the field thinks practice details are a waste at meetings, but I always found watching and listening to “what good sounds like” provided more value that “here’s what you did wrong” after ride visits.

You chose to urinate on any modicum of credibility you might have when you defended role-playing at meetings.
Meetings are a large enough time-suck; role-playing is the absolute bottom-rung when it comes to time utilization.
If they aren't prepared when they leave training, you've made a huge mistake. If you've hired someone who can't communicate professionally and can't uncover the needs of the account, then its on you, not them.

My,dm is a,total ass hat. Flies around collecting her delta frequent flyer points, Marriott rewards points and Starbucks points. Thinks she’s something really important but is ridiculously stupid.

You chose to urinate on any modicum of credibility you might have when you defended role-playing at meetings.
Meetings are a large enough time-suck; role-playing is the absolute bottom-rung when it comes to time utilization.
If they aren't prepared when they leave training, you've made a huge mistake. If you've hired someone who can't communicate professionally and can't uncover the needs of the account, then its on you, not them.

Sorry you have wasted so much of your time in meetings. Practice in a safe environment is a best management practice. Many don’t like it because they come unprepared to contribute. Most of the customers know the industry releases the field on as little as three weeks of product training. My take; if you are bad at role playing you are going to be weak out in the field. Reps need to take advantage of every opportunity to be better.