• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Clinical sales rep (Allergan)

I started at $65k and my very first bonus was $30k. No joke. The incentive pay is amazing.

Can you elaborate? That’s seems like a one off situation. Are you number one in the country and the only rep who is making that type of IC? Do you have a speaker or headache center in your territory that’s driving all the business?

what are the average Bonus payouts for the migraine side per quarter?

Haha yeah that’s not average. Average or just hitting 100% to goal is around 7k. Depends how aggressive they make goals but not everyone can even hit 100% sometimes and paid out less than 7. Some territories have big speakers or research centers, work 10-2 and blow the rest of out the water most quarters. If you’re getting 30k commission check they were probably top 10% and a incentive competition was likely going on.

So, it took you a $30k bonus to get your pay to slightly below industry standard? What a dump!

Yeah I agree - I'm at my first pharma gig where salaries are quite low (70k) but our incentive plan is quite good. Top 25% reps hit 10k + very quarter

If I was offered by abbvie anything under a 90-100k salary I wouldn't go. a 7k IC average wouldn't even get me to what I make with a 70k salary...

You do realize that not only are you base salaries insulting.. most CNS companies pay their reps..ic bonus at target 40k.

so even if the top 25% are making 10k a quarter that’s well below what your migraine competitors are making..

If you are an Ubrelvy rep that's mainly a primary care gig

Ubrevy reps call on Neuros and headache centers, academic institutions? And they are launching a new preventative drug that will be more used in a Neuro space.
Very unpaid compared to what migraine pays at Lundbeck, Lilly, Teva, novartis, impel, axsome, …those companies pay their reps base salaries 120-150k with bonus of 40k a year.