• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Celebrex Dec 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pfizer pays Publicis $150,000 per rep and publicis takes their cut and then pays their reps rock bottom - it is not that much cheaper for pfizer in terms of salary - the benefit to Pizer is the flexibility to lay off or cut back with no severnce and no benefits

We can see the future by looking out how many contract reps there are now as compared to 2006 or so. I personally know 5 ex-reps and 3 ex-DMs that used to work close to me that are working for contract companies now. They claim to hate it, but I remember when they got in the loooooong line to interview, and were thrilled when they got the offer!

The reality is contract sales forces ARE the new reality. It is foolish to thank that your "great numbers" or "fantastic relationships" mean one whit to 235 E 42nd. Each and every time there was a cut here (ATS, FFO, the big cuts in '09 and '11, the killing of the psych division), someone on CP blabbed it before it was officially announced. And what happened? Company wonks got on here and claimed that there WERE no big cuts coming.

Do your job, work your butt off but polish your resume' and line up some recruiters.

Pfizer pays Publicis $150,000 per rep and publicis takes their cut and then pays their reps rock bottom - it is not that much cheaper for pfizer in terms of salary - the benefit to Pizer is the flexibility to lay off or cut back with no severnce and no benefits

Contract companies take about a 50% cut - so they keep $75,000 and pay the rep the rest in salary and benefits. It grinds that a third party is getting one-half of your salary for very little work but that's the business world. Free enterprise has always meant other people getting rich at your expense!

Contract companies take about a 50% cut - so they keep $75,000 and pay the rep the rest in salary and benefits. It grinds that a third party is getting one-half of your salary for very little work but that's the business world. Free enterprise has always meant other people getting rich at your expense!

Brings new meaning to the phrase 'If you dont have a good game plan, than means you are part of somebody else's!'. Not sure who first said that. Dennis Rodman, maybe?

Plans are going to start kicking it off formulary more and more. It's already tier 4 on most plans. Advil works just as well.

Celebrex is over priced and this news is not good for the American Public. I hope generic companies Win, but I am sure Pfizer has paid them off, just like they did with Lipitor.

Um.. this is a big deal.

How sad that we are clinging to a drug that is 13 years old for dear life. The old Pfizer wouldve just given this drug to one of the newer divisions (led by people that wouldve never gotten promoted WITHOUT a new division), and sailed on with the latest.

Come to think of it, when is the last time our shop came up with something to sink our teeth into---Vfend in 2002? Damn....

Yes.. There will be another cut of approx..50% by the end of 2013... What else would expect? There are still far more reps running around doing nothing than can be tolerated. Lets face it.. Doctors do not pay attention to pharma reps any longer.

Nor do docs make the decisions. most are just paid employees.

Um.. this is a big deal.
It's a plus to have the extension, but lets face it, this job has become a shell game. Everyone is trying to hide the reality. Doctors are not the customer anymore. At least not in FL. Managed care and more importantly employers are the new customer. We get paid when the script gets filled, not when the doc writes the script. Docs have no control over access, therefore I don't care how many reps you put on a brand....it's a fruitless effort