CDC Investigating First Possible Spread of virus in California

anonymous

From the article:

"The woman lives in Solano County, home to the Travis Air Force Base where dozens of people infected in China or on cruise ships have been treated. But Sonia Angell, director of the California Department of Public Health, said there was no evidence the woman had any connection to the base"

Oh I would say that this woman living so close the Travis Air Force Base is evidence enough of the foolish and reckless practice of bringing in infected Americans for quarantine - Anybody coming from China should be quarantined BEFORE coming into the country - Not after. Ya Think?

The CDC is turning out to be largely responsible for the spread of this disease inside our country. Then they tell us that new cases are inevitable? NO KIDDING - Thanks to the CDC!

President Trump gave specific orders that no Americans were to return until AFTER they were quarantined overseas. Both the CDC and the State Department have violated that order.

<

From the article:

"The woman lives in Solano County, home to the Travis Air Force Base where dozens of people infected in China or on cruise ships have been treated. But Sonia Angell, director of the California Department of Public Health, said there was no evidence the woman had any connection to the base"

Oh I would say that this woman living so close the Travis Air Force Base is evidence enough of the foolish and reckless practice of bringing in infected Americans for quarantine - Anybody coming from China should be quarantined BEFORE coming into the country - Not after. Ya Think?

The CDC is turning out to be largely responsible for the spread of this disease inside our country. Then they tell us that new cases are inevitable? NO KIDDING - Thanks to the CDC!

President Trump gave specific orders that no Americans were to return until AFTER they were quarantined overseas. Both the CDC and the State Department have violated that order.

How has CDC violated the order? It’s US Customs responsibility to screen those returning
G

How has CDC violated it? Sounds like US Customs should demand proof of quarantine before allowing entry. Why you politicizing it and saying CDC? Weird post from uninformed poster.

How has CDC violated it? Sounds like US Customs should demand proof of quarantine before allowing entry. Why you politicizing it and saying CDC? Weird post from uninformed poster.

How has the State Department violated an order not to allow infected people back into the USA without first being quarantined outside of the country?

By allowing infected people back into the USA without first being quarantined outside the country.

Any other questions?

It has nothing to do with politics - maybe it does to the people who let the infected people into the country though...

This woman in California is most likely infected precisely because the State Department decided to bring infected people into the country for quarantine - instead of ensuring that their quarantining occurred before coming back into the country.

The CDC also has allowed people who were potentially exposed back into the country for self quarantine...this policy is virtually guaranteed to result in the spread of the disease.

Then these same people tell us to expect more cases?

The resulting epidemic (if it happens - which is highly likely now) will become unavoidably political, and one must inquire into political motives for these blatantly egregious and irresponsible actions.

The American people must stop being sheep and start using their heads here.

How has the State Department violated an order not to allow infected people back into the USA without first being quarantined outside of the country?

By allowing infected people back into the USA without first being quarantined outside the country.

Any other questions?

It has nothing to do with politics - maybe it does to the people who let the infected people into the country though...

This woman in California is most likely infected precisely because the State Department decided to bring infected people into the country for quarantine - instead of ensuring that their quarantining occurred before coming back into the country.

The CDC also has allowed people who were potentially exposed back into the country for self quarantine...this policy is virtually guaranteed to result in the spread of the disease.

Then these same people tell us to expect more cases?

The resulting epidemic (if it happens - which is highly likely now) will become unavoidably political, and one must inquire into political motives for these blatantly egregious and irresponsible actions.

The American people must stop being sheep and start using their heads here.

Yes, I have another question you snarky little twerp, Since Trump appointed Pompey as head of the State Department to replace Tillerson because Tillerson didn’t follow his program, why is he allowing the State Department to ignore his orders? Hmmmm?

Your premise and attempt to use words like egregious in an attempt to sound like you know what you’re talking about is laughable at best.:)

Yes, I have another question you snarky little twerp, Since Trump appointed Pompey as head of the State Department to replace Tillerson because Tillerson didn’t follow his program, why is he allowing the State Department to ignore his orders? Hmmmm?

Your premise and attempt to use words like egregious in an attempt to sound like you know what you’re talking about is laughable at best.:)

If you don't like snarky replies, then don't ask stupid questions.

And for all we know, President Trump is in the process of firing those responsible for disobeying his instructions - perhaps at the CDC also. President Trump has his hands full at the moment I am sure.

Did you have to look up the word "egregious?" I happen to know exactly what I am talking about. It may be above your pay grade, but it's not above mine. It's not exactly rocket science either, but I can understand why it goes over your head regardless.

And for all we know, President Trump is in the process of firing those responsible for disobeying his instructions - perhaps at the CDC also. President Trump has his hands full at the moment I am sure.

Did you have to look up the word "egregious?" I happen to know exactly what I am talking about. It may be above your pay grade, but it's not above mine. It's not exactly rocket science either, but I can understand why it goes over your head regardless - because it requires common sense.

Did you have to look up the word "egregious?" I happen to know exactly what I am talking about. It may be above your pay grade, but it's not above mine. It's not exactly rocket science either, but I can understand why it goes over your head regardless - because it requires common sense.

You're a riot Sparky. Everyone on this board has your number and is spilling the beans on you. 'For all we know?' LOLOL! Earth to Sparky, what we know is that the Donald has handed the virus off the Mike Pompeo - Mike 'doesn't have enough to do' - LMFAO - we all know Trump doesn't go through a 'process' when he fires people, it's a tweet and it takes a few seconds, what is this 'going through the process crap?

This thing is CLEARLY over his head, he has cut the funding needed to protect and respond to this event and the buck stops on his desk. ;)

You're a riot Sparky. Everyone on this board has your number and is spilling the beans on you. 'For all we know?' LOLOL! Earth to Sparky, what we know is that the Donald has handed the virus off the Mike Pompeo - Mike 'doesn't have enough to do' - LMFAO - we all know Trump doesn't go through a 'process' when he fires people, it's a tweet and it takes a few seconds, what is this 'going through the process crap?

This thing is CLEARLY over his head, he has cut the funding needed to protect and respond to this event and the buck stops on his desk. ;)
I am Sparky! We are legion!
So now he’s Sparky? Ok idiot boy!
No, it’s not clearly over Trump’s head but it is over Your’s.
Trump’s response has been appropriate and reasonable. He cut funding to respond to this event? Hmm? Then why has additional funding been allocated for that very purpose? Once again you prove yourself an ignorant fool with no business on a poli board!

Trump’s response has been appropriate and reasonable. He cut funding to respond to this event? Hmm? Then why has additional funding been allocated for that very purpose? Once again you prove yourself an ignorant fool with no business on a poli board!

NO! I AM SPARKY! THIS IS SPARTA...I MEAN SPARKY!

Watch as V defends the state department and the cdc for helping to spread the virus in america, all to try and make Trump look bad. That's Trump Derangement Syndrome. Maybe the government is spreading the virus to make Trump look bad too? It sure would derail the economy and maybe prevent Trump from winning a 2nd term.

Hope you all don't get the corona virus for political reasons now! Good luck everybody.

Here are some facts:

1) In its latest budget proposal, the Trump administration sought to cut CDC funding by 16. This is on record, look at the proposal.

2) Trump fired the US Pandemic Response Team in 2018 to cut cost. Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer abruptly departed from his post leading the global health security team on the National Security Council in May 2018 amid reorganization of the council by then-National Security Adviser John Bolton. Ziemer's team was disbanded. His administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer's position and reassigning others. Trump also at that time cut funding for the CDC, forcing the CDC to cancel its efforts to help countries prevent infectious-disease threats from becoming epidemics in 39 of 49 countries in 2018. Funding for the CDC's global disease outbreak prevention efforts were cut by 80% which included the agency effort in China.

3) yes, he recently requested a few billion emergency funds, This was not an allocation, this was a call for help.

4) At a press conference Wednesday, he said, "I'm a businessperson. I don't like having thousands of people around when you don't need them," Trump said. "When we need them, we can get them back very quickly." While I see his point, what if we thought of the military that way?

5) I would encourage any POTUS to just think of the CDC as being part of the Department of Defense. It defends us against disease and the spread of it. It needs to stand at the ready even when conditions are safe.

Here are some facts:

1) In its latest budget proposal, the Trump administration sought to cut CDC funding by 16. This is on record, look at the proposal.

Even if this was the honest truth (which less face it, it's not), what difference does any of it make if the cdc is adopting policies that will spread the virus?

Maybe the people in charge at the CDC are angry with the President for cutting funding and so they're going to teach him a lesson!

What better way to stop President Trump and help the democrats regain power than to encourage an epidemic before the election? Never let a good crisis go to waste? And if it's not a crisis, then make it one!

This orange blob is in way over his head. This situation proves what everyone has been upset about for almost 3 years. He thinks he can solve anything and as a result he gets a big bump in his perfect world and things begin to collapse. Now everyone can see why he went bankrupt numerous times and is basically a failed leader.

Here are some facts:

Even if this was the honest truth (which less face it, it's not), what difference does any of it make if the cdc is adopting policies that will spread the virus?

Maybe the people in charge at the CDC are angry with the President for cutting funding and so they're going to teach him a lesson!

What better way to stop President Trump and help the democrats regain power than to encourage an epidemic before the election? Never let a good crisis go to waste? And if it's not a crisis, then make it one!

Great posts!

Now the sheep have something to think about.

Do these organizations have the American peoples' best interests in mind? It does not appear to be so.

Who will ask the CDC and the State Department to explain their reasoning for policies that encourage the spread of this disease? Not the Democrats or the Democrat Media...

Your first sentence illustrates how stupid you are. When we live in a world that can't even agree on what's true we are in deep trouble.

This orange blob is in way over his head. This situation proves what everyone has been upset about for almost 3 years. He thinks he can solve anything and as a result he gets a big bump in his perfect world and things begin to collapse. Now everyone can see why he went bankrupt numerous times and is basically a failed leader.
No, it was the mocha stick man who was in over his head..... on EVERYTHING! Shoot, he was so stupid he couldn’t even create businesses to go bankrupt, much less become a billionaire!
You’re arguing with the facts and only making a fool of yourself. Trump is a tremendous success and a proven problem solver. The fact that you don’t like him changes NONE of that!

You already proved you're bogus. You already started w/ the state department letting people in without proof of quarantine and when I pointed out that Trump appointee ran the State Dept you switch to the CDC? What policies has the CDC adopted that 'spread the virus'? Hmmm? None...….. ;)

You already proved you're bogus. You already started w/ the state department letting people in without proof of quarantine and when I pointed out that Trump appointee ran the State Dept you switch to the CDC? What policies has the CDC adopted that 'spread the virus'? Hmmm? None...….. ;)

No. Sparky blamed both the CDC and the State Department right from the beginning. And he's right. Their policies are helping the disease to spread.

There's a 2nd case in California now. Community spread is now occurring and it's occurring in an area immediately surrounding Travis Air Force Base where the first coronavirus patients were taken for quarantine. They should have been kept overseas as the President ordered.

Sparky is right. He's placed blame on both the State Department as well as the CDC. Why don't you try reading Sparky's posts? He states what the CDC has done to help the virus spread. And again, he's right.