• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Brilinta

My Mgr still thinks we will get the potassium binder. SAYing the other sales force is too expensive and that the label won’t justify having an exclusive sales force. Fingers crossed

We are for certain getting that potassium drug. It is a done deal. Not certain how this fits in with the other sales force they hired to sell that drug.
There are multiple patents that protect Brilinta wholly..if one of those is challenged...and the challenger wins...it unravels the rest of the patents for brilinta.

Sure it is. That is why one of the most popular new names for dogs is Brilinta. Bow Wow and woof woof.... Only AZ could fuck up the launch of a drug that should be in the leadership position in its class.
It's all about timing! This drug had 1 major generic competitor and now there are 2 generics in the class:(! But oh by the way, we need major growth every quarter!!UGH!!!

lazy worthless reps. Not really a dog drug. Bad really bad reps. Sneaking around hospitals in their scrubs. Lmao

They are hilarious! Just wannabe device reps who actually sell in environments so tough, the best pharma rep would collapse in a week! If they knew how stupid they looked in their little scrubs!

still a great drug

NO! That's what the company needed to happen; the focus on Brilinta was so that it could save AZ from the hole in its pipeline. It always produced dyspnea, causing patients to feel hypoxic and did not work all that much better than clopidogrel or even aspirin. Sure, if you dig deep into the numbers you can make the stats seem all that much more impressive but the fact is that this drug was 'asked' to do far more than it could deliver. It's not that it doesn't work, it's just not what Marketing hoped it would be.

They are hilarious! Just wannabe device reps who actually sell in environments so tough, the best pharma rep would collapse in a week! If they knew how stupid they looked in their little scrubs!

Absolutely. It is a slap in the face to healthcare professionals that studied hard to get to where they are for a rep to come in and dress in the same attire. I could see if they were in the OR or in even OP surgeries, but they are not. Get a clue!

Absolutely. It is a slap in the face to healthcare professionals that studied hard to get to where they are for a rep to come in and dress in the same attire. I could see if they were in the OR or in even OP surgeries, but they are not. Get a clue!
I completely agree! There is absolutely no reason folks selling Brilinta need to wear scrubs. What’s even funnier is some of them wear scrubs when they go in the offices! We don’t wear scrubs and our territory is one of the best in the country!