• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Beware of south ecosystem leader

anonymous

Just a word of warning—do not trust GH. He comes off caring and empathetic. He’s destroyed careers, lied and maligned people who trusted him. This post could be from dozens of people. No one deserves working for him.

<

Funny, I just turned down a TAM position in the south because of all the bad things I hear about Genentech. Is it really that bad? The people that are taking these positions have no experience and are clueless. What a mess

Yes. It’s all and worse. He’s seriously mentally sick. Notice there’s NO ONE vouching for him. And why did he turn down a ton of people supposedly for living outside territory and he lives in Texas. Inquiring minds want to know.

I've never worked with him, but I can't imagine he is any better or worse than most of his peers. It isn't clear what any of these HEDs/HDs do to begin with.

They keep telling us that the new ways of working is that we don't need to have the perfect plan. We just build it as it goes and mistakes are ok and expected. Well, perhaps it is the case if you have the smart people to carry out the plan. The problem is they take this concept to the extreme and did not factor in the level of incompetency of the current leadership team. They really have no idea what they are doing and selected the most incapable and clueless people to implement this risky social experiment. This ecosystem is failing at every level and they are even losing their janitors to other companies. Mark my words, this is just the beginning of a total disaster. We have not seen the worst yet.

They keep telling us that the new ways of working is that we don't need to have the perfect plan. We just build it as it goes and mistakes are ok and expected. Well, perhaps it is the case if you have the smart people to carry out the plan. The problem is they take this concept to the extreme and did not factor in the level of incompetency of the current leadership team. They really have no idea what they are doing and selected the most incapable and clueless people to implement this risky social experiment. This ecosystem is failing at every level and they are even losing their janitors to other companies. Mark my words, this is just the beginning of a total disaster. We have not seen the worst yet.

I'm so sorry for those who are living the ecosystem and now car allowance nightmare. It is surely made worse bc of the COVID situation. I chose to take the package and get the hell out.

Just a word of warning—do not trust GH. He comes off caring and empathetic. He’s destroyed careers, lied and maligned people who trusted him. This post could be from dozens of people. No one deserves working for him.

He is one of the most two faced, self promoting, and clueless leaders I have ever worked for. He looks at you and says all the right things then he throws you under the bus to promote himself.

He is one of the most two faced, self promoting, and clueless leaders I have ever worked for. He looks at you and says all the right things then he throws you under the bus to promote himself.

You’ve described most Genentech employees. In which, most are shameless opportunists who only care for their self interest. This has been coached from the very top of their management. Those Greedy imbeciles.

GH must have been a typo. Surely you mean EJ. He’s the worst of the worst and even had to send out search crews to find IC candidates who don’t know his reputation.

GH must have been a typo. Surely you mean EJ. He’s the worst of the worst and even had to send out search crews to find IC candidates who don’t know his reputation.

It is hard to top this EJ weasel even among this group of inept opportunistic vultures. Whoever brought this snake to this company must have been an idiot. He is probably one of the worst human beings we have come across. Just ask anyone who worked for him. He is so bad that he has his own thread here.

It is almost rare to have such a collection of sociopaths, snake-oil salesmen, liars, phonies, back stabbers and just simply bad people on one management team. it is like a corporate circus that just keeps on growing. Somehow Genentech managed to pull it off by replacing all of the smart leaders in such a short period of time with these characters.

It is almost rare to have such a collection of sociopaths, snake-oil salesmen, liars, phonies, back stabbers and just simply bad people on one management team. it is like a corporate circus that just keeps on growing. Somehow Genentech managed to pull it off by replacing all of the smart leaders in such a short period of time with these characters.

This post should be titled “Beware of Anything Genentech “. There is no redeeming group left to work for and the medical community holds their nose when using your treatments. They certainly aren’t using them due to the reps and leaders