• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Beware of fake salesmen who are really shills for shorts

Anonymous

There are over 60 million shorted shares and the hedge funds who are stuck with this short position just days or weeks before EU approval and US Launch are trying everything to bash Eisai and Arena.

<

I didn't know we can wear shorts as salesmen. I wear blouses and slacks, a dress or a business suit. I do have some real cute shorts. I will ask are DM if shorts are ok. That would be great especially in the summer cause its hotter then. Their should be some code as too the length of the shorts. I don't think I will wear my short shorts.

There are over 60 million shorted shares and the hedge funds who are stuck with this short position just days or weeks before EU approval and US Launch are trying everything to bash Eisai and Arena.

I know logic and intelligence are in ‘short’ supply here at Eisai but let’s give it a shot shall we?

Belviq is not commercially available and thus not being promoted by the sales force so what influence would a short seller have by bashing the drug on here? Exactly none.

Second, the shorts are screwed short term as soon as the DEA classifies the drug and it is released into the distribution channel. ARNA share price will rise simply because they will have a new revenue stream.

All the shorts can hope for is a lackluster earnings report 1 to 3 quarters after the drug in commercially available. Then in your conspiracy theory world you could weakly argue that a short seller could try to demotivate the sales force with the hopes of affecting revenue by posting negative things on here. But currently it is a moot point.

So let’s move to logic. In all probability negative posters of Belviq fall into one or more of the below:

-Current employees who just aren’t impressed with the data, which is plausible
-Current employees who are bitter or disgruntled and bitch about anything and everything
-Ex-employees who are bitter or disgruntled and bitch about anything and everything
-Ex-employees would just like to rattle the cage at the former employer
-Current and Ex-employees who like to see Eisai fail
-Competitors of Eisai in generally – other PPI companies, etc., as we saw these same flame wars years ago with Aciphex
-And lastly Vivus reps banging on a future competitor

Now I ask you Mr. Conspiracy Theorist what is more probable…one of the above categories, or serious investors who has enough money on the line trying to influence a sales force via a blog to short a stock. Do really think wealthy investors who are playing the short game sat around and said, “I have a fool proof plan to insure that ARNA falls short. All we need to do is post nasty things about the drug on their company board on Café Pharma and everything else will fall into place”.

Seriously, do you think that is happening? I would like to say, ‘Come on…you’re smarter than that”…but alas I can’t…

I know logic and intelligence are in ‘short’ supply here at Eisai but let’s give it a shot shall we?

Belviq is not commercially available and thus not being promoted by the sales force so what influence would a short seller have by bashing the drug on here? Exactly none.

Second, the shorts are screwed short term as soon as the DEA classifies the drug and it is released into the distribution channel. ARNA share price will rise simply because they will have a new revenue stream.

All the shorts can hope for is a lackluster earnings report 1 to 3 quarters after the drug in commercially available. Then in your conspiracy theory world you could weakly argue that a short seller could try to demotivate the sales force with the hopes of affecting revenue by posting negative things on here. But currently it is a moot point.

So let’s move to logic. In all probability negative posters of Belviq fall into one or more of the below:

-Current employees who just aren’t impressed with the data, which is plausible
-Current employees who are bitter or disgruntled and bitch about anything and everything
-Ex-employees who are bitter or disgruntled and bitch about anything and everything
-Ex-employees would just like to rattle the cage at the former employer
-Current and Ex-employees who like to see Eisai fail
-Competitors of Eisai in generally – other PPI companies, etc., as we saw these same flame wars years ago with Aciphex
-And lastly Vivus reps banging on a future competitor

Now I ask you Mr. Conspiracy Theorist what is more probable…one of the above categories, or serious investors who has enough money on the line trying to influence a sales force via a blog to short a stock. Do really think wealthy investors who are playing the short game sat around and said, “I have a fool proof plan to insure that ARNA falls short. All we need to do is post nasty things about the drug on their company board on Café Pharma and everything else will fall into place”.

Seriously, do you think that is happening? I would like to say, ‘Come on…you’re smarter than that”…but alas I can’t…

This is one of the most intelligent and well written responses I've read on this forum. Clearly you don't belong here.

Prospective hire here. I too would like to know if shorts are ok for the sales force in warmer geographies . If so, would we need to still wear a cost and tie? I suppose much like the guy from AC DC.
Serious replies only, please.

drs need to respect are company and they won't respect us if we are wearing shorts. We should wear nice clothes to work. We can put on shorts after we get hom at 5-6pm. Their are to many reps who just want there base pay and don't want to work hard. We have a great wt loss drug that is phenomimal.