• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Being forced out of Pfizer!!! Anyone else being investigated?

I never thought it would happen to me. I turned 40 and I was fine, I always stayed in the top 3 spots, kept my noze clean, won awards. then, I turned 41 and all the sudden wrapped up in a compliance violation of selling. We signed a compliance form somewhere along the way that said that we would not ask for ROI, totally contradicts trackers on dinner meetings etc., doesn't it? Oh well, they won temporarily. It was a good age to get out and to clear my head after the mental haranguing. I was a slight basket case trying to function is such a duplicitous environment. The over 40 thing is real. However, my talents are going to good use now. Keep pressing!

I never thought it would happen to me. I turned 40 and I was fine, I always stayed in the top 3 spots, kept my noze clean, won awards. then, I turned 41 and all the sudden wrapped up in a compliance violation of selling. We signed a compliance form somewhere along the way that said that we would not ask for ROI, totally contradicts trackers on dinner meetings etc., doesn't it? Oh well, they won temporarily. It was a good age to get out and to clear my head after the mental haranguing. I was a slight basket case trying to function is such a duplicitous environment. The over 40 thing is real. However, my talents are going to good use now. Keep pressing!

This is so hypocritical of the company. If you should not be working for ROI then your target list should include all physicians, not just high prescribers. Imagine what your DM would say if you invited the non prescribers to a dinner.

Guys, this is serious! They went and did it! I am out! They got me on a compliance violation that is completely bs. I have retained an attorney. I work for a state which states that you can be let go for no/any reason. So, do I have any recourse?
I need some serious advice from those who have walked in my shoes. PFE is a bully!

Guys, this is serious! They went and did it! I am out! They got me on a compliance violation that is completely bs. I have retained an attorney. I work for a state which states that you can be let go for no/any reason. So, do I have any recourse?
I need some serious advice from those who have walked in my shoes. PFE is a bully!

"If something feels wrong, then it probably is". That is what I was told by my attorney several years go. (Philadelphia). You need to hire a well-known employment LITIGATOR!!! If you don't, stop whining and move on!!!!!! Once an attorney is involved, HR steps out and Pfizer legal gets involved - lawyers talk to lawyers. You will THEN be treated fairly. Believe me ..... it WILL make a difference.

Although you work in an at-will state, Pfe has created a quasi employment contractual relationship because of all of the compliance guidelines and blue/orange books requiring our acknowledgements or signatures. Also an element in any contract oral or written is the duty of good faith and fair dealings. If Pfe lied about firing you, you may have a good faith breach of contract cause of action. The trouble will be finding an honorable lawyer to take on your case on a contingency fee based agreement.

You may have to fund your lawsuit. My concern is that if Pfe cancels your pension due to your terminatikon you amy have no choice but to fight them. If all else fails, street justice may be your best shot.

Serious responses please. I am over 40 and feel like mgmt is getting rid of me and a few others with bogus compliance issues. I've been with this company for 10+ years, so why now?
If we could find each other, i am sure we could have a huge class action age discrimination lawsuit. Any one else out there not to tired to take on Pfe??!

See this as a blessing, because the company is a joke.

Bogus compliance issues??? . You've been caught out buddy! Take it like a man, admit you've being screwing the Company,apologise to all concerned,stick your tail firmly between your legs and crawl out outta town. You're a disgrace,

I know a rep who was forced out years ago. Long story short he sued Pfizer and won! Now, the process took 2 + yrs and it cost him about 100K in attorney fees. They of course settled out of court and he won big time. Part of the settlement was that everything was confidential. I will tell you that mgrs had to fly in and give depositions. Very embarrassing for mgmt.
He had a field day with the whole process. He told me it became a hobby and never got depressed or negative because he believed he was wronged. BTW, worked for another phrma company the whole time and they never knew a thing about this!
I know money isn't everything, but will tell you that he no longer has to work and bought him and his wife his/her blue mercedes, cause he tells everyone Pfizer bought them! I think that is so funny!
Stand strong and win!
So, whatever you decide to do, good luck!

This is a fact! My ex partner sued Pfizer for being wrongly fired. This person demanded an apology and money directed to a charity of their choice! It didn't go to trial, but she won! Her mother's maiden name now on the wing of one of our hospitals! Thanks Pfizer!!!!!!

I thought i was the only one. I am noticing that my mgr is riding with me twice/month. My FCR's are getting a little more edgy. Not getting to third product details enough...not asking for the business...Anyone else??

I know a rep who was forced out years ago. Long story short he sued Pfizer and won! Now, the process took 2 + yrs and it cost him about 100K in attorney fees. They of course settled out of court and he won big time. Part of the settlement was that everything was confidential. I will tell you that mgrs had to fly in and give depositions. Very embarrassing for mgmt.
He had a field day with the whole process. He told me it became a hobby and never got depressed or negative because he believed he was wronged. BTW, worked for another phrma company the whole time and they never knew a thing about this!
I know money isn't everything, but will tell you that he no longer has to work and bought him and his wife his/her blue mercedes, cause he tells everyone Pfizer bought them! I think that is so funny!
Stand strong and win!
So, whatever you decide to do, good luck!

I have a friend who is an awesome rep, but he is also independently wealthy (although few people at PFE know much about this). I love hearing him talk about how he enjoys the cat and mouse games, the manipulation, and the downright childish behavior exhibited by management at times. He can't wait to have someone try and force him out (it happens to the best of them, eventually, almost all of the time) and expose all of the B.S. that has been going on for years that he has documented. This dude cares nothing about personal advancement and would totally bring down an entire region if he wanted to

Serious responses please. I am over 40 and feel like mgmt is getting rid of me and a few others with bogus compliance issues. I've been with this company for 10+ years, so why now?
If we could find each other, i am sure we could have a huge class action age discrimination lawsuit. Any one else out there not to tired to take on Pfe??!

I was not with pfe but was treated this way by the parma co i eas with for 20 yrs....as were several others. This is what happens. I reommend the same as others. Find an attorney who specializes in employee issues...now, so they can guide you through the process. I paid a retainer of $2,500. If it goes to a suit, they will take earnings from the winnings. Document document document. Start now. Print out every coacing note you can find, your employee handbook, all annual reviews. My boss began saying i couldnt make a proper sales presentation ( after high ratings from my 5 previous managers and 3 regional managers...and 20 yrs of sales awards~really?). I wore a wire and taped myself and him praising me for having the best presentations...which didnt match my coaching reports.

You will have some options your attorney can guide you. 1. You can go to them and say its not working and you'd like a severance offer...or 2. you can let them put you through hell ...maybe they will keep you, maybe not...or 3. you can get fired by fighting back and complaining (going to HR). If you accept a package, you cannot sue. If you quit, you will probably not get any unemployment. If you sue it may be years before it goes to court, so prepare yourself.

Start interviewing now!

Ask the moron to demonstrate it in a call. 3 product details....thats great. Is he still wearing leisure suits too?

Always a good idea. ask them to take the next call so you can see how it should be done. My guess is they will pass and might "role play" in the car. Issue is they cannot do it. When we had to give 3 details years ago. Product 3 was merely a doorknob reminder. That was when you had more time with physicians and befor much discussion focused around managed care

Here's what you do- start documenting all of the things you are being told to do any why, and ask for it all to be itemized in field coaching guides. Then, hire an employment lawyer and fill them in on the recent developments. make sure you contrast that with all of your past reviews and performance history. Schedule an appointment with Pfizer HR, your RM and your DSM and go see them with this documentation and demand to know what the hell is going on. Make it known that you have outside counsel and cut to the chase and demand that you be offered a severance buyout

Severance buy out for what...doing your job? Or suddenly having to waking until 3pm because your DSM is riding your arse? Sounds like a great deal. Pfizer pays mega settlements 'cuz the SOB's want me to work. GDMFoS.