• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Being forced out of Pfizer!!! Anyone else being investigated?

Anonymous

Serious responses please. I am over 40 and feel like mgmt is getting rid of me and a few others with bogus compliance issues. I've been with this company for 10+ years, so why now?
If we could find each other, i am sure we could have a huge class action age discrimination lawsuit. Any one else out there not to tired to take on Pfe??!

<

I was severed in 2008, but I wanted to leave after 22 years and asked to go. Whether that request made a difference or not, I will never know and do not care. For me, it was early retirement. However, I saw some older individuals forced out. Usually the problems stemmed from either not getting along with their immediate manager or not following the new rules mandated by court-ordered corporate integrity agreements. I personally think if you follow the rules and are lucky enough to have a half way reasonable manager that you can communicate with, you should be okay.

Take my word. The process has already started if you are now just feeling the pressure. My intention is not to be mean. Been there-done that. It is not a fun trip. Avoid the tears and start networking like a mad person. It takes a long, long time to find a job. If you are over 45. The odds of ever getting another job are slim. Over 50 forget it. You will survive this, but it is like root canal in mechanics garage.

Take my word. The process has already started if you are now just feeling the pressure. My intention is not to be mean. Been there-done that. It is not a fun trip. Avoid the tears and start networking like a mad person. It takes a long, long time to find a job. If you are over 45. The odds of ever getting another job are slim. Over 50 forget it. You will survive this, but it is like root canal in mechanics garage.

If your DM and you are on somewhat good terms, why not try to clarify? If the DM is doing his/her job a rep should not be surprised that they are being managed out. What types of issues have been brought up on your last annual review? do you notice a trend that has been captured on your FTCG? You have to use your selling skills to uncover what the underlying issue is. The DM could have two goals, the first is to not get rid of you but to get you preforming at a certain standard. If this is the case talk with the DM and clarify what you can do to help the Team realize their goal. You may be surprised what simple things you can change to relieve the pressure. Goal two would be to get rid of you. If this is the situation, you shouldn't be surprised. If it has gotten to this point, it would be very obvious. I would still ask questions but I would do more listening than speaking. Do not give them any reason to make a move. In this situation, I would take the above advice and start to plan your move. good luck!

If your DM and you are on somewhat good terms, why not try to clarify? If the DM is doing his/her job a rep should not be surprised that they are being managed out. What types of issues have been brought up on your last annual review? do you notice a trend that has been captured on your FTCG? You have to use your selling skills to uncover what the underlying issue is. The DM could have two goals, the first is to not get rid of you but to get you preforming at a certain standard. If this is the case talk with the DM and clarify what you can do to help the Team realize their goal. You may be surprised what simple things you can change to relieve the pressure. Goal two would be to get rid of you. If this is the situation, you shouldn't be surprised. If it has gotten to this point, it would be very obvious. I would still ask questions but I would do more listening than speaking. Do not give them any reason to make a move. In this situation, I would take the above advice and start to plan your move. good luck!

Spoken like a true ignorant person. Guess you don't have a clue that discrimination exists and that there are evil people in the world. Move to the middle east and maybe you'll get a dose of reality.

Don't think you are safe just because you are over 40. I was over 40 and they cut me - just a bunch of subjective stuff on my FCRs - in spite of the fact that my numbers were good!!!! My manager was just a idiot. There was also a back stabbing witch on my team. HR does not care. They take the manager's side no matter what.

It's one of two things. Either you are not a good worker/rep and are not getting it done or you are being discriminated against due to your age. Either way stop letting someone else decide what value you bring to a company on the decline. I worked for pfe for 10 years got severed and took my 401 k and started my own company and it was the hardest but best thing I ever did. My company did over 9 million in sales rev last year and just brought on one of my old pfizer counterparts to start a branch in washington state and he is killing it.

Stop allowing pfizer to yank you around. Leave and start your own company or don't leave and start your own company until they fire you.

Here's what you do- start documenting all of the things you are being told to do any why, and ask for it all to be itemized in field coaching guides. Then, hire an employment lawyer and fill them in on the recent developments. make sure you contrast that with all of your past reviews and performance history. Schedule an appointment with Pfizer HR, your RM and your DSM and go see them with this documentation and demand to know what the hell is going on. Make it known that you have outside counsel and cut to the chase and demand that you be offered a severance buyout

Here's what you do- start documenting all of the things you are being told to do any why, and ask for it all to be itemized in field coaching guides. Then, hire an employment lawyer and fill them in on the recent developments. make sure you contrast that with all of your past reviews and performance history. Schedule an appointment with Pfizer HR, your RM and your DSM and go see them with this documentation and demand to know what the hell is going on. Make it known that you have outside counsel and cut to the chase and demand that you be offered a severance buyout

Good advice.

Are we still getting coaching guides? I was getting them at first, but haven't had one in quite some time. Is everyone getting coaching guides?

Am I the only one not getting coaching guides? I was getting them at first, but really haven't seen any lately. Anyone else have this issue?

Take actionable steps to protect yourself as a "whistleblower" under federal statues. Hire an attorney.

One of my friends was fired - the decision was made at NYC HQ by one of our clueless HR managers. This friend then sued Pfizer in federal court and although he wasn't allowed to say how much money he received his girlfriend let slip it was a "ton of money". They have to have screwed up, though. In this case it was a firing decision that Pfizer couldn't justify - there was no credible evidence at all - so I'm sure they quickly settled out of court.

I've been there, done that. It's expensive. Unless you have a solid case forget it. As far as whistleblower, done that too. 90% chance nothing will happen and you better have SOLID evidence.

To the person who said you can't get a job if you are over age 50,

You are sooo wrong!!!

I was separated from Pfizer a year ago when they eliminated the PSY division and I am over 50 years of age and I was hired by another pharmaceutical company in March.

Age does not matter it is your attitude, confidence and enthusiasm in addition to your sales success- that will get you hired.

I so happy now where I am. The company culture is so inclusive and they really value all of the experience and professionalism that I bring to them.

Good luck to all of you!!

Am I the only one not getting coaching guides? I was getting them at first, but really haven't seen any lately. Anyone else have this issue?