Bayer Oncology Salaries

anonymous

Is it me or is Bayer well behind the competition in regards to the salary they pay to experienced Oncology/Urology Sales Consultants? I've heard from several reps that have left for AZ, Sanofi and soon UroGen, GSK and Merck. They are ALL making or being offered between $170-$180K starting salary plus stock options and sign-on bonuses. I've been here for 10 years and am making much less than this, and the bonus plan is weak to boot. Is it time to seriously start looking for a new gig? Do you guys think Bayer's plan of "improving the culture" will include benchmarking themselves vs the competition and upping the salaries of the sales force?

<

Bayer does pay low(er) base salaries in Oncology/ Urology and the bonus plan is average unless you are consistently top 5% (Pinnacle).

Recent reps and RSMs that left have received financial windfalls.

Is it me or is Bayer well behind the competition in regards to the salary they pay to experienced Oncology/Urology Sales Consultants? I've heard from several reps that have left for AZ, Sanofi and soon UroGen, GSK and Merck. They are ALL making or being offered between $170-$180K starting salary plus stock options and sign-on bonuses. I've been here for 10 years and am making much less than this, and the bonus plan is weak to boot. Is it time to seriously start looking for a new gig? Do you guys think Bayer's plan of "improving the culture" will include benchmarking themselves vs the competition and upping the salaries of the sales force?

I used to work for Bayer Oncology for many years. I left because I made much more money to leave.

Well, don't hold your breath people. Thanks to the Monsanto lawsuits, Bayer will have very little $$$ to invest in their Oncology Sales Professionals. They will tempt you with a "lucrative" bonus plan that will only be achievable for maybe 10% of the field force.

Heard Bayer is going through a crazy reorganization too! My buddy got moved to completely different sales and geography.

He used to defend all the BS he dealt with, now he can’t wait to leave.

Thank you for the info here. I am currently interviewing with Bayer and one other company. This is extremely useful information.

Low salaries, unattainable bonus, poor leadership, weak pipeline, plummeting stock price, low morale...should I go on?
crazy that you even have to think twice. Most people in oncology stay 6 mo to 1 year max. Backstabbed on team. Fake as hell and awful bosses. Biggest mistake in my career. I only did it to get less overnight travel. Took a pay cut.