AZ SURVIVORS

Oh sooooo true! There is absolutely nothing they can do or say that will convince us to trust them with ANYTHING. The deal is, I use them and they use me. I have no future, and will take every waking minute to find a way out of here. AZ is readying the next round of cuts as we speak. What a life and work environment!!! This is absolutely a dead end job.

Here is a person that is practical and smart! Survivors, the spin come Tuesday will be unlike anything you've ever seen! Get ready for unrelenting pressure! 2012 will indeed be the Year of Misery!

Great, great, thread! If you still have not gotten the message, let me summarize for you.

AstraZeneca is dead! Whether you stay or go, find a new job as soon as possible!

Ahhh yes...I can already feel the Winds of Spin blowing from Wilmington! By Tuesday, they will be at hurricane force! I can just hear it now, "we must regroup and focus on driving share", "you/we are in a good place", "now, we are the RIGHT SIZE!", "the brand strategy is good, if we just deliver", "we need everyone to set up at least 2 programs a month", "training materials will arrive by the end of the week", "AZ is an exciting place to be right now, with a leaner and more focused sales force"...yada, yada, yada.

Remember, that the limited time you've been granted, and plan your moves to get the hell out of here! God help us all!

If you survive this layoff, you must take your reprieve and prepare for the next round. You have got to accept that there is NO FUTURE here or in pharma. You have GOT to realize this! AZ will just string you along until the next layoff round begins. I know you are "comfortable" and don't want to jump into a job market as bad as this, but you MUST face reality!

2012 is going to be a nightmare for the field. Vimovo dead and going to Cornerstone. XR is facing generic Seroquel and going to Cornerstone. Symbicort is stagnant, and AZ's desperation has forced them to resurrect the dead and buried Pulmicort. Crestor is doomed. R&D died long ago. Brilinta is off to a terrible start and facing generic Plavix in 4 months. Our BMS drugs are barely alive, and dapa is no guarantee and has a terrible side effect profile. Add on what has got to be THE most inept, out-of-touch, non-sales oriented management team, and what do you have? Basically a pile of shit.

What have you done to protect your future? Are you thinking that you will make it because you have reasonably good sales numbers? Let me tell you know, that doesn't mean shit! Your DM has sealed your fate with your "skills assessment" score. IF you don't drink the kool-aid like your DM thinks you should, and your sales #'s are good, you are still likely to be let go. Do you speak up on conference calls even if what you are saying is total bullshit? Do you volunteer to role play? Do you kiss your DM's ass every chance you get? If you do all of these things you will survive! Look at your DM. Can you believe THAT person is competent to actually rate you?

Do you want to continue this incredible charade?? Be bold! Step out and take a chance! You have no choice!

Excellent post! Excellent, and all good advice! People read the above and commit it to memory. On Feb. 1st, they will try and shove so much shit at you, that you will feel like you are drowning! If you survive, you will have only months before the next round. Don't waste your time!