Average calls per day perceived as threat

The only thing that has changed is access and reputation of the industry is falling like a rock. The antiquated model has to change. Profits are high if this changes due to government regulations the model will change.
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blahhhhhhhhhhh dude get a new record, you keep playing this same song and dance for years!!!! Has it changed yet? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO The model you are referring about is working, ask yourself genius this question: Why hasn’t changed yet??? DUHHHHHHH because it’s working!!!!

Thank you and good night

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blahhhhhhhhhhh dude get a new record, you keep playing this same song and dance for years!!!! Has it changed yet? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO The model you are referring about is working, ask yourself genius this question: Why hasn’t changed yet??? DUHHHHHHH because it’s working!!!!

Thank you and good night

I'll answer that for you. You look back to last week in the field. You tell me how many sales calls you made that motivated a doctor to prescribe our product? I'm not talking a ten second wave and a smile call. A real selling call. My bet is you won't answer this question because you know you are not worth what the company pays you in salary and benefits. I'll be waiting for your answer snowflake.

I'll answer that for you. You look back to last week in the field. You tell me how many sales calls you made that motivated a doctor to prescribe our product? I'm not talking a ten second wave and a smile call. A real selling call. My bet is you won't answer this question because you know you are not worth what the company pays you in salary and benefits. I'll be waiting for your answer snowflake.

Well er ah ummm I reported 26 calls last week. Had two lunches where the doctor waved and an MA brought him his lunch the other lunch no doctors showed up but ten office staff did and they all thanked me. I made one other call this week and the doctor talked about football so I see that as a chance to bond with the doctor. It's not fair that I have trouble seeing doctors I have the hardest territory in the district so I say to see doctors. I do the best I can so I deserve my salary and benefits just ask my mommy.

Wellllllll since you asked angry white man, I made 19 calls last week, with 4 lunches. We talked about several cancer patients who are ready to complete current therapies and ready to go with my drug. I cant help the fact that you do nothing but bitch and moan about how difficult it is to do your job. It’s unfortunate that you have been exposed for the true dick-head that you are, lied about all of these so called accomplishments you fantasize in your small pea brain, and will probably be placed on a PIP!! I do have some advice, there are a ton of menial jobs like flipping burgers, cleaning toilets, serving me fries at McDonalds, or making my bed at the Hilton when I am in the field working. Don’t worry, I leave a 5 spot on the pillow when I check out as a token of my appreciation and sympathy for you meaningless pathetic life.

Calls do not equal sales. It what can you get the customers to do. In 1997 when I worked for Parke-Davis, we launched Lipitor, and my boss had NO sale calls goals. We called on the customers who could get us business.
That's all I had to do, my territory was 3rd in the nation to reach a 50% MS. Never got called on the carpet for calls. Maybe, so reps did, but not me.
I get but, but those days are over. Even if you are top dog and your call average is terrible you will be reprimanded. It has become a game of METRICS.

I get but, but those days are over. Even if you are top dog and your call average is terrible you will be reprimanded. It has become a game of METRICS.
DUHHHHH, isn’t sales, and call averages, metrics?? Hummmm I believe so, what university did you graduate from, maybe you are in the wrong business, I heard McDonald’s, and Wendy’s are hiring.....

Wellllllll since you asked angry white man, I made 19 calls last week, with 4 lunches. We talked about several cancer patients who are ready to complete current therapies and ready to go with my drug. I cant help the fact that you do nothing but bitch and moan about how difficult it is to do your job. It’s unfortunate that you have been exposed for the true dick-head that you are, lied about all of these so called accomplishments you fantasize in your small pea brain, and will probably be placed on a PIP!! I do have some advice, there are a ton of menial jobs like flipping burgers, cleaning toilets, serving me fries at McDonalds, or making my bed at the Hilton when I am in the field working. Don’t worry, I leave a 5 spot on the pillow when I check out as a token of my appreciation and sympathy for you meaningless pathetic life.

You make a few assumptions that my friend are not valid. First of all, I'm not angry nor am I white. Four lunches and 19 calls. If I believed you which I don't how many were productive. Would those doctors have put those patients on the AZ drug in spite of your so called sales skills? Hmmm? A Pip hardly. I've had a number of promotions and multiple circle of excellence wins. Also, it isn't very nice of you to make fun of people who feed families with menial jobs. At least they are working and being productive. When you read your post it seems to me you are the angry person. Perhaps therapy would help.

I'll play manager for a second....gee only 19 calls this week? That's not very productive. What could you have done differently to access more doctors. 4 lunches? What you didn't schedule any breakfasts? Imagine what your sales could be if you made 25 calls!!!! Please send my a written plan how you achieve this goal. I'll work with you next week to discuss your plan.

I'll play manager for a second....gee only 19 calls this week? That's not very productive. What could you have done differently to access more doctors. 4 lunches? What you didn't schedule any breakfasts? Imagine what your sales could be if you made 25 calls!!!! Please send my a written plan how you achieve this goal. I'll work with you next week to discuss your plan.
Quite the opposite, quality wins out every time rather than quantity, obviously you are talking about a primary care mentality, in oncology a highly technical and sophisticated audience our relationships and immense detail to our clinical information saves countless lives from our audience of skilled oncologist and nurse navigators. That’s why oncology will continue to set the profits, and growth at AZ.

You make a few assumptions that my friend are not valid. First of all, I'm not angry nor am I white. Four lunches and 19 calls. If I believed you which I don't how many were productive. Would those doctors have put those patients on the AZ drug in spite of your so called sales skills? Hmmm? A Pip hardly. I've had a number of promotions and multiple circle of excellence wins. Also, it isn't very nice of you to make fun of people who feed families with menial jobs. At least they are working and being productive. When you read your post it seems to me you are the angry person. Perhaps therapy would help.
Nice try on trying to reverse your already exposed self. In oncology we work each and everyday, that’s why we were hired and make the BIG bucks and get yearly stock, because WE deliver. If you truly work here, you would of seen on several national conference calls and meetings where the R&D, profits, and growth comes from my angry white man, from ONCOLOGY!!!!!! Yes, I will say it again ONCOLOGY, unfortunately you tried but couldn’t get promoted to this elite group, just listen to this months Q-2 earnings report with investors, new product sales, future growth, and pipeline, all comes from ONCOLOGY!!!!! I do respect the blue collar class, I came from there, learned, endured blood sweat and tears, and bettered myself for it. I am very well aware of my roots, and that’s why I give back each and every year, can you say the same......NOPE........you can’t.

Nice try on trying to reverse your already exposed self. In oncology we work each and everyday, that’s why we were hired and make the BIG bucks and get yearly stock, because WE deliver. If you truly work here, you would of seen on several national conference calls and meetings where the R&D, profits, and growth comes from my angry white man, from ONCOLOGY!!!!!! Yes, I will say it again ONCOLOGY, unfortunately you tried but couldn’t get promoted to this elite group, just listen to this months Q-2 earnings report with investors, new product sales, future growth, and pipeline, all comes from ONCOLOGY!!!!! I do respect the blue collar class, I came from there, learned, endured blood sweat and tears, and bettered myself for it. I am very well aware of my roots, and that’s why I give back each and every year, can you say the same......NOPE........you can’t.

Yes Oncology is the future of AZ no doubt about it. Everyone knows that heaven knows why you write something so obvious. So you speak for EVERY oncology rep by saying "we work each and every day." I know a number of oncology reps that practice "the all day lie" the longest running thread on CP. You don't speak for everyone. You wrote of Menial labor and made fun of it now you reverse yourself and talk about how you come from this? Oh and yes I tithe I do give back. Still making assumptions that are not valid. LOL shaking my head! By the way, you are still angry and need therapy. I'm sure you are a very productive and damn good rep who earns their keep. However THE VAST MAJORITY of sales reps in this company and other pharma companies fake most calls and have little influence on sales. The model will change get your head out of the sand.

Oncology is no different. Access is, actually, worse. You have a fancier title. So, what? You're still a rep. You aren't influencing an oncologist's decision on what to prescribe for the patient. But good for you, kiddo. Your self aggrandizing will go well when you tell people outside of this industry, that do not know, what you do on a day-to-day basis. You're a clown.

Thank you and good night

I have to laugh at the comments following the "old timers" who have a historical perspective that the youth do not have right now in life or this industry. And that's not to diminish the comments like the one above, just a fact. The industry for BIG Pharma has changed to being run by Compliance and lawyers. .

Many see it as a House of Cards given all the fraudulent call activity associate with small molecule, BIG pharma REP activity. And I blame the district and regional managers who look the other way. Someone DENY the fraudulent behavior in Pharmaceutical Sales? Prove you are beyond reproach.

Here is the trends from when some of us started in the 80s. It is not Pollyanna. It is the historical truth by those that lived it each working day. Most of the 80s was actually what people did. It was for the most part honest. You had excellent access, I know I was a field rep 1 year and then promoted to various institutional sales positions of increasing importance. Superb access in the hospitals then. Try that today. I was a manager when the first need for Credentialing occurred at the turn of the century. But, I often did not see honesty as the 90s ended with a mass of reps, the value proposition waning and access declining. And then, some people like myself were blessed to do a truly consultative pharma job that today the government would not allow. Not that it was evil or corrupt, only that things have really tightened up regulatory wise. And, for sure, to fast forward, never saw much honesty this recent decade. So regardless of real impact or not, lying is the major go to means of filling your day. Just my observation of how things have changed since before many of you were born.

I wish everyone well; but eventually things change in a major way. Look at American truckers, tens of thousands of jobs will be lost as AI takes over the trucking industry over the next 5 to 15 years. Nothing is going to stop that major shift. If the government does control or rein in U.S. prescription prices, unlike the last several decades, then for sure, pressure to really change will come. We will see how long PhRMA can work the largest U.S. dollar it can, out of Medicare, Medicaid, and the commercial payers?

I have to laugh at the comments following the "old timers" who have a historical perspective that the youth do not have right now in life or this industry. And that's not to diminish the comments like the one above, just a fact. The industry for BIG Pharma has changed to being run by Compliance and lawyers. .

Many see it as a House of Cards given all the fraudulent call activity associate with small molecule, BIG pharma REP activity. And I blame the district and regional managers who look the other way. Someone DENY the fraudulent behavior in Pharmaceutical Sales? Prove you are beyond reproach.

Here is the trends from when some of us started in the 80s. It is not Pollyanna. It is the historical truth by those that lived it each working day. Most of the 80s was actually what people did. It was for the most part honest. You had excellent access, I know I was a field rep 1 year and then promoted to various institutional sales positions of increasing importance. Superb access in the hospitals then. Try that today. I was a manager when the first need for Credentialing occurred at the turn of the century. But, I often did not see honesty as the 90s ended with a mass of reps, the value proposition waning and access declining. And then, some people like myself were blessed to do a truly consultative pharma job that today the government would not allow. Not that it was evil or corrupt, only that things have really tightened up regulatory wise. And, for sure, to fast forward, never saw much honesty this recent decade. So regardless of real impact or not, lying is the major go to means of filling your day. Just my observation of how things have changed since before many of you were born.

I wish everyone well; but eventually things change in a major way. Look at American truckers, tens of thousands of jobs will be lost as AI takes over the trucking industry over the next 5 to 15 years. Nothing is going to stop that major shift. If the government does control or rein in U.S. prescription prices, unlike the last several decades, then for sure, pressure to really change will come. We will see how long PhRMA can work the largest U.S. dollar it can, out of Medicare, Medicaid, and the commercial payers?
You are comparing the pharma to the trucking industry??? LOL really, now that is a new one for me and every post here on CP. This same song has been playing for years, and have we seen one change in the pharma models, NOPE, nothing. Why because it works and as long as a company is making money, they ain’t going to change it.

You call that guy and old dude and you worked in the 80”s dude you are an old dude......LOL

You call that guy and old dude and you worked in the 80”s dude you are an old dude......LOL

I am, lol. So, when I started in pharma, Jack & Diane (John "Cougar" Mellencamp) was not the Ken & Barbie of the 90s. My man, Stevie Wonder was playing Ebony & Ivory with not yet knighted, Sir Paul McCartney long b4 anyone had "woke" up about simply treating each other with dignity and respect. And reps hadn't yet dreamt of parking for 2 hours to listen to Rush Limbaugh in their company car sing conservative praises to Pharma. It's all good. Wild ride.

Quite the opposite, quality wins out every time rather than quantity, obviously you are talking about a primary care mentality, in oncology a highly technical and sophisticated audience our relationships and immense detail to our clinical information saves countless lives from our audience of skilled oncologist and nurse navigators. That’s why oncology will continue to set the profits, and growth at AZ.

I have a question having worked in several "specialty divisions", Oncology briefly. Tell me how exactly you share such clinical information to save COUNTLESS lives for our audience of skilled oncologists and nurse "navigators"? If it's easier, on this "safe" forum, share a clinical example over the last say, 9 months? Share 50 examples? Be HIPPA compliant but rattle off the Dx, Prog., etc. etc. for specific patients to where you actually changed their view of how to use any of the following in a significantly different manner than they were before you spoke to them?
Arimidex
anastrozole

Calquence

acalabrutinib

Casodex, Cosudex
bicalutamide

Enhertu
trastuzumab deruxtecan

Faslodex
fulvestrant

Imfinzi
durvalumab

Iressa
gefitinib

Lynparza
olaparib

Tagrisso
osimertinib

Zoladex
goserelin acetate implant

You are comparing the pharma to the trucking industry??? LOL really, now that is a new one for me and every post here on CP. This same song has been playing for years, and have we seen one change in the pharma models, NOPE, nothing. Why because it works and as long as a company is making money, they ain’t going to change it.

LOL this just might be the most ignorant post on CP!! This snowflake believes the sales model in which we are in today works? LOL!! The model hasn't changed in over 50 years. Reach and frequency is not the reason for our company and industry success. Most calls are faked. The other "calls" are ten second variety. Sales reps have little influence on physician prescribing. Yes profits are high and if they come down you can bet the pharma model will change and it won't be a hiring frenzy.,..quite the opposite.

LOL this just might be the most ignorant post on CP!! This snowflake believes the sales model in which we are in today works? LOL!! The model hasn't changed in over 50 years. Reach and frequency is not the reason for our company and industry success. Most calls are faked. The other "calls" are ten second variety. Sales reps have little influence on physician prescribing. Yes profits are high and if they come down you can bet the pharma model will change and it won't be a hiring frenzy.,..quite the opposite.
Hey dumb-ass this model has been and will continue long after your dead and buried!! No shit Sherlock the calls are fake, how long did it take you to figure that one out..........LOL God please don’t tell me you have kids, because my “friend” I truly feel sorry for them, I sure hope they don’t have your brains because they will be in for a LONG, and hard life in front of them, they will probably wind up on welfare and will have support their non working ass.............god you are pathetic and worthless.