• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Are csa's still taking pss's jobs?

Let's look at this as a business question, skip that idea..Let's say YOU owned the company 100%, you make the call.

What is the cost of each rep.

How much does each rep earn YOU (Rep earn minus Rep Cost)?

Now YOU decide.

As more offices and systems shut down to access and even samples, the PSS's are glorified CSA's. Why not save $ and use CSA's. Now if there is access and a rep can get into a good dialogue then by all means, PSS's. But how often are you able to get even three of those calls a day?

As more offices and systems shut down to access and even samples, the PSS's are glorified CSA's. Why not save $ and use CSA's. Now if there is access and a rep can get into a good dialogue then by all means, PSS's. But how often are you able to get even three of those calls a day?

All of the CSA's in my district have experience as direct hires with big pharma.
Their number happened to come up in a down-sizing. They need employment.
Don't be so arrogant. It can happen to to you too, PSS. You do not have a stable job, in case you haven't noticed. You should treat your CSA well....you may very well be asking them to help you get a job in the near future.

All of the CSA's in my district have experience as direct hires with big pharma.
Their number happened to come up in a down-sizing. They need employment.
Don't be so arrogant. It can happen to to you too, PSS. You do not have a stable job, in case you haven't noticed. You should treat your CSA well....you may very well be asking them to help you get a job in the near future.

Arrogant? I think you need to reread what you are quoting. The post confirms in my mind what you posted.

Absolutely NO return??

I think you're a little short-sighted
The sad reality is that none of us is worth the money we are paid to do this worthless job. Those days are long gone when we actually could sell something and bring value. Now it is fighting for a stupid lunch appointment to waste even more money so we can fake a bunch of calls and have a receipt as proof we worked at all. The only people more worthless than us are our managers.
I think it is interesting that the further you get from our customers and the less you know about how to sell to them, the more money you are paid.

The contract reps in my territory make all the calls in my area. They at least try. I stopped calling on my docs months ago. I've known them for years anyway. I've been floating by this long I should have been an actor!!!! My husband loves that I get home at 3.

The contract reps in my territory make all the calls in my area. They at least try. I stopped calling on my docs months ago. I've known them for years anyway. I've been floating by this long I should have been an actor!!!! My husband loves that I get home at 3.

Johnson and Johnson cutting 3000 jobs announced today. The exit door into instrument and device sales is slamming shut too.