Anyone working today? I am drinking coffee and reading Cafe Pharma!

Anonymous

I know I will be gone on February 1, 2012. I better polish up that Resume!

Oh, you ask, why will I be gone? Hmmmm, well, I'm white, a male, over 40, and I have a high salary!

However, I am actually excited about being forced to look for a new career! I don't even care if I take a pay cut! Wow, I guess that really shows how dumbed down this job is now. Most of my friends at AZ don't really care either if they get cut.

The lawyers absolutely ruined this job.

Oh, you ask, why will I be gone? Hmmmm, well, I'm white, a male, over 40, and I have a high salary!

However, I am actually excited about being forced to look for a new career! I don't even care if I take a pay cut! Wow, I guess that really shows how dumbed down this job is now. Most of my friends at AZ don't really care either if they get cut.

R U surfing the net for g a y p o r n still as well?

Be excited be very excited. That will last about a week then grab a liter of coke and bottle of JD and join the rest of us

I had the same attitude when I was laid off in 09. At first I felt free and unincumbered able to leap tall building in a single bound. Fast foward three weeks of sending out my resume and not getting any responses and I felt like a

However, I am actually excited about being forced to look for a new career! I don't even care if I take a pay cut! Wow, I guess that really shows how dumbed down this job is now. Most of my friends at AZ don't y care either if they get cut.

I had the same attitude when I was laid off in 09. At first, I felt free and unincumbered. I was wonder women with the big boobs,cool custome and whip (the whip is very important). Fast foward three months of sending out my resumes and not getting any responses and I felt like a 10 dollar hooker at a sailor convention. Your time will come when you too will feel like a 5 dollar hooker (had to lower prices because of the bad economy). Stop being so ignorant!!

All I can say is that your are playing this smart. I won't make another sales call after 10 am again. From 10-5 I will be job searching. I'm not letting some asshole in Delaware decide my fate.

Best case- my call on Jan 31st will tell me I still have a job.

Feb 10th, I'll resign.

All I can say is that your are playing this smart. I won't make another sales call after 10 am again. From 10-5 I will be job searching. I'm not letting some asshole in Delaware decide my fate.

Feb 10th, I'll resign.

Nice, I hope I am in your shoes as well!

Feb 10th, I'll resign.

Good luck with that attitude! I hear unemployment insurence calling your name>

I worked 30 minutes today. 28 was drive time, 90 seconds to walk in and out and 30 seconds with a doc who hates my product and I know it. Doc needed no samples but i left a few so I had a signature. Doc is nice enough and complimented me on my tie. I thanked Doc and wished a GREAT weekend, with a huge smile on my face.

Doc probably got nothing out of the call, but it allowed me to get home to my resume and job search. Thanks for the day AZ!

When I was let go in 2009. I did not feel that bad. I had a great track record, COE wins and an advance degree in business. I started to realize that this is serious when a year and half went by with over 700 jobs I applied for and only a hand full of responses. Pharm rep on your resume means you are not qualified to do anything. Pray you do not get laid off, because there is nothing...nothing out there for you.

Working today? I haven't worked a real day in 20 years in this industry. Anything outside of 10-2 is overtime in my book, if you can't do this job in 3-4 hours per day, you're not being smart.

When I was let go in 2009. I did not feel that bad. I had a great track record, COE wins and an advance degree in business. I started to realize that this is serious when a year and half went by with over 700 jobs I applied for and only a hand full of responses. Pharm rep on your resume means you are not qualified to do anything. Pray you do not get laid off, because there is nothing...nothing out there for you.

Former RPT and MCL here. I was let go in 2009, but to be honest...it was for the best. I got as far away from pharma as I could. Thankfully I had some other medical/hospital experience to fall back on. This led me to sales in software solutions where we have real quotas and you absolutely know the impact (ugh, can't shake the AZ buzzwords) you have had. For those of you on the fence, please know there IS life after pharma. Take advantage of the 3-month career counseling/coaching. It was great!

Good luck to those of you in jeopardy. For those that have no clue or still bleed purple and gold...check your six frequently.

Take advantage of the 3-month career counseling/coaching. It was great!

Thanks for the above input and suggestion. I have self Id and glad to hear you found it helpful. Have no clue what job area I am going to pursue. Just know I couldn't take this BS company and the clowns running it anymore.

Take advantage of the 3-month career counseling/coaching. It was great!

Thanks for the above input and suggestion. I have self Id and glad to hear you found it helpful. Have no clue what job area I am going to pursue. Just know I couldn't take this BS company and the clowns running it anymore.

I went to one of the career counseling meetings and the guy counselor just kept staring at my balls and licking his lips. I never went back.

I am not self identifying, but have already started looking for new jobs. Does anyone know what happens if I accept an offer in January? Would I be eligible for severance?