• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Any ideas on how to change the toxic culture in Global Procurement?

anonymous

We've had two major org changes/"transformations" (TOM and RIGP) and GP is more toxic than ever. MB takes no responsibility for the disaster which is myBuy; there are no words to adequately describe RH; morale is at an all time low. I DO want to suggest ideas that will help - any ideas?

<

We've had two major org changes/"transformations" (TOM and RIGP) and GP is more toxic than ever. MB takes no responsibility for the disaster which is myBuy; there are no words to adequately describe RH; morale is at an all time low. I DO want to suggest ideas that will help - any ideas?
Sorry for the My Buy disaster. The field has their own disaster which was created with the ecosystem model. Ecosystems created heavy middle management which developed major silos in the field. For GP to work, the field has to be organized. Organized in a therapeutic area way. Morale is so low in the field, too. Nothing the company changes at the top can work when you have such chaos in the field. I hope this makes sense to you.

I used to work in GP. As I see it, they have gutted their bread and butter “stakeholder services” like contracts and outsourcing - real work that needs to be done - in favor of a business model that is literally “doing more with less” (MB’s entire job, trickled down to her LT, is to move jobs to low cost locations and eliminate talent from SSF). More cuts will come in a year, wait for it.

I left GP a few years ago after being roped into helping implement TOM and seeing how ugly it was getting. I was hoping the death spiral was temporary but sounds like not. Sad to hear.