Any Fellow Displaced Reps Buying Car?

anonymous

I like my car and am considering purchasing it. Is anyone else? I've heard from some displaced in June that buying it was problematic but don't know specifics on why. Their offer seems fair.

The correct info is this -if the car is less than one year old, it is not for sale. Called Wheels and received this exact info.

I used my car for working construction and landscaping on weekends hauling bricks, dirt, concrete etc. Fortunately my manager never looked in the trunk or paid much attention to the large blanket covering the bac seat. So I don't want my car. It is trashed.

I used my car for working construction and landscaping on weekends hauling bricks, dirt, concrete etc. Fortunately my manager never looked in the trunk or paid much attention to the large blanket covering the bac seat. So I don't want my car. It is trashed.

I took my company car on an far off road hunting trip a couple of times. I even hauled a dead dear in the trunk more than once. I was tempted to leave the head in the trunk after butchering it and then asking my DSM to retrieve something from the trunk. Now that I am being displaced, there are a lot of things I wish I had done. I guess that is why they don't give you any advanced warning.

Yes, they will offer you the car under a year. But they are not always a great deal . look at the Kelly blue book and see if its being offered to you at a fair price. It is many times higher than you expect.

I've purchased a couple of cars through Wheels. The car is not so bad a value if it IS actually worth the value the drive says it is. In my case people over evaluated the condition of the cars as excellent. If you don't know the driver, you really don't know what the condition of the car is, and Wheels isn't going to connect you with them either. In one case the A/C wasn't working, and in the other the car had dents and the driver was a smoker (sure per policy they said they weren't), so there were a couple of burn spots, plus a wheel pressure light stayed on. I had to fight tooth, claw, and nail to get the A/C fixed on the one car. Best scenario is to know the driver and see the car, but if you're shit canned and need a car fast, that isn't always possible.