• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Androgel reps

I believe rick addressed this last year. MET is not an investment.

Listen, he is not speaking code or in tongues. There will come a financial horizon, like with CV, when decisions will be made.

Totally agree. Hormone replacement, particularly testosterone is NOT a strategic area and we have been given that message many times.
I am looking outside Abbvie furiously as I don't see anything within the next 6-12 months that will even remotely save many of us.

I also like the analogy of selling ice to eskimos getting docs to buy into using a male hormone that has already shown increased CV risk in men, for women.
Talk about a stigma. Remember HRT with estrogen for women and what happened several years after its widespread use as a panacea for all post menopausal women? Doctors remember very clearly.
I doubt very much there would be much use of this proposed testosterone use as a preventative drug for women except for imminently direly ill post MI.
Thus another reason why no money/strategic value for metabolic products.
Docs will soon order Synthroid samps directly and we are toast when generic 4 pump
generic becomes widely available on formularies.

Totally agree. Hormone replacement, particularly testosterone is NOT a strategic area and we have been given that message many times.
I am looking outside Abbvie furiously as I don't see anything within the next 6-12 months that will even remotely save many of us.

I also like the analogy of selling ice to eskimos getting docs to buy into using a male hormone that has already shown increased CV risk in men, for women.
Talk about a stigma. Remember HRT with estrogen for women and what happened several years after its widespread use as a panacea for all post menopausal women? Doctors remember very clearly.
I doubt very much there would be much use of this proposed testosterone use as a preventative drug for women except for imminently direly ill post MI.
Thus another reason why no money/strategic value for metabolic products.
Docs will soon order Synthroid samps directly and we are toast when generic 4 pump
generic becomes widely available on formularies.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know, but something peculiar was happening with Libigel. Libigel safety/efficacy study has over 7000 women years of data and they got a peak under the hood at the clinical data. Then Biosante announces a merger with ANI who own Solvay's former factories with transdermal capabilities in Baudette, MN and stop clinical examination which was due for release in 1 to 2 months, or so they say.

Abbvie then hires Dr. Snabes the study director/inventor.

Then I see that March 14, 2014 Abbvie filed a patent application regarding FLUID APPLICATORS FOR USE WITH TOPICAL MEDICATIONS.

Abstract

Fluid applicators for use with topical medications are disclosed herein. An example apparatus includes a housing and a fluid container disposed inside the housing. The example apparatus also includes a pump assembly disposed inside the housing and fluidly coupled to the fluid container. The example apparatus further includes an applicator coupled to the housing. The applicator defines an outlet and has a surface to be in contact with an application site on a person. The surface is in fluid communication with the pump assembly via the outlet. The example apparatus also includes an actuator operatively coupled to the pump assembly. Movement of the actuator from a first position to a second position is to operate the pump to dispense a dose of the fluid onto the surface.

In the application they use often cite the application of testosterone as one of the examples for it's use.

US Patent application # 20140270897

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...ND+testosterone&RS=AN/abbvie+AND+testosterone

Note: The provisional patent was filed Mar 15, 2013, around the time Dr. Snabes was hired by Abbvie.

I seriously doubt this patent application was intended for Androgel. Combined with the fact nothing has ever been released about the CV risk reduction benefits other than in the patent application, leads me to believe that Abbvie has something in the works and they are holding tight to their chest until a patent is secured. Incidentally the patent examiner has based initial rejection on prior art owned now owned by Abbvie (through Solvay acquisition) but lacking the clinical data to support it. ANI has the clinical data. However it appears if they go Abbvie's route, Besins would be entitled to 50% of Abbvie's patent rights and it appears they would lose approx. 8 years of patent protection.

If on the other hand ANI gets their patent for CV benefits you are looking at at approx. 16 years of patent protection.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know, but something peculiar was happening with Libigel. Libigel safety/efficacy study has over 7000 women years of data and they got a peak under the hood at the clinical data. Then Biosante announces a merger with ANI who own Solvay's former factories with transdermal capabilities in Baudette, MN and stop clinical examination which was due for release in 1 to 2 months, or so they say.

Abbvie then hires Dr. Snabes the study director/inventor.

Then I see that March 14, 2014 Abbvie filed a patent application regarding FLUID APPLICATORS FOR USE WITH TOPICAL MEDICATIONS.

Abstract

Fluid applicators for use with topical medications are disclosed herein. An example apparatus includes a housing and a fluid container disposed inside the housing. The example apparatus also includes a pump assembly disposed inside the housing and fluidly coupled to the fluid container. The example apparatus further includes an applicator coupled to the housing. The applicator defines an outlet and has a surface to be in contact with an application site on a person. The surface is in fluid communication with the pump assembly via the outlet. The example apparatus also includes an actuator operatively coupled to the pump assembly. Movement of the actuator from a first position to a second position is to operate the pump to dispense a dose of the fluid onto the surface.

In the application they use often cite the application of testosterone as one of the examples for it's use.

US Patent application # 20140270897

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...ND+testosterone&RS=AN/abbvie+AND+testosterone

Note: The provisional patent was filed Mar 15, 2013, around the time Dr. Snabes was hired by Abbvie.

I seriously doubt this patent application was intended for Androgel. Combined with the fact nothing has ever been released about the CV risk reduction benefits other than in the patent application, leads me to believe that Abbvie has something in the works and they are holding tight to their chest until a patent is secured. Incidentally the patent examiner has based initial rejection on prior art owned now owned by Abbvie (through Solvay acquisition) but lacking the clinical data to support it. ANI has the clinical data. However it appears if they go Abbvie's route, Besins would be entitled to 50% of Abbvie's patent rights and it appears they would lose approx. 8 years of patent protection.

If on the other hand ANI gets their patent for CV benefits you are looking at at approx. 16 years of patent protection.

I'm in the camp that says you need to WTFU!!
You are grasping at straws while the Met franchise is going down the tubes, soon.
If I were you I would be spending my time and energy looking for another job, outside of AbbVie. There are no blue birds hiding that are going to save us in this dying franchise.
My DM and RM have told us to pursue other avenues and that's what I and many others are doing. If you want to wait for the ice cube for eskimo sales opportunity, go right ahead.

It sounds like some of you are happy that we are going to lose our jobs, this is what is wrong with our industry and it needs to change.
1. If you have ever won Presidents club, your not that good so relax.
2. Challenger reps get the good reps banned because doctors don't want to be challenged, it's their office respect their time.
3. All you sluts wearing tight short skirts and letting those fake beasts fall out all over the place are an embarrassment to our profession. Louis Vuitton bags! Please you don't even contribute to the 401 k.
4.If you are a rep in New Jersey, Texas or Florida realize that in NJ it is illegal to PA a drug and for the other two states you have demographics in your favor. So to rank me against those states is ridiculous.
5. If you sell Humira and are happy about us losing our jobs then good luck in 2016! Because your porked too.

Stop your complaining and just do your jobs the best you can and believe that our leaders have our interests in front of their minds because if not sales will hurt and if yes, a happy sales force.
We need more positive words from the leaders.
We need to feel more valued and protected so we can do our jobs better.
We don't need to fly across the country to a NSM that nobody wants or likes except the home office people, let us work, sell and be productive.
We got another weeks vacation this year which was way sweet so thank you .
Work hard, play hard and stop complaining.

Stop your complaining and just do your jobs the best you can and believe that our leaders have our interests in front of their minds because if not sales will hurt and if yes, a happy sales force.
We don't need to fly across the country to a NSM that nobody wants or likes except the home office people, let us work, sell and be productive.

OK, mom. I will put on my clueless face and pretend all is just swell in Met-land.
The boys on top have only our best interests at heart. They are not driven ultimately by shareholder value and profit generation. Their sole concern is to keep us sales people all happily drawing unearned paychecks for a dying drug and one that is 100 years old. They don't realize that all that's needed is direct sample ordering of the 100 yr old drug without our whinney, nagging asses dragging into the office.
They also don't see how agel sales have continued to drop and is awaiting its final death when 1% is out in full force soon.
OK. mom ya got me all warm and fuzzy now.
One little adjustment to your advise noted above.
I DO plan on playing hard, but I am not stupid enough to be working much at all as I await the shoe to drop.
Anyone else?

It sounds like some of you are happy that we are going to lose our jobs, this is what is wrong with our industry and it needs to change.
1. If you have ever won Presidents club, your not that good so relax.
2. Challenger reps get the good reps banned because doctors don't want to be challenged, it's their office respect their time.
3. All you sluts wearing tight short skirts and letting those fake beasts fall out all over the place are an embarrassment to our profession. Louis Vuitton bags! Please you don't even contribute to the 401 k.
4.If you are a rep in New Jersey, Texas or Florida realize that in NJ it is illegal to PA a drug and for the other two states you have demographics in your favor. So to rank me against those states is ridiculous.
5. If you sell Humira and are happy about us losing our jobs then good luck in 2016! Because your porked too.

1. One time winner, yawn. Do it two times, in a row, you have my attention.
2. Challenger is a selling model. Apply some common sense when using it Skippy. Probably best to use it regularly, and not just on your milk run DM day.
3. LV bag in a office, please! Breast professionally.
4. Quotas are set on past performance. You are your own worst enemy.
5. Nah, thee might be some shifting, but it's still got legs. Long, healthy legs.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...equivalent-testosterone-gel-10-300018984.html

Perrigo Launches AB Therapeutic Equivalent Testosterone Gel 1.0%

DUBLIN, Jan. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Perrigo Company plc (NYSE: PRGO; TASE) today announced that it has launched its AB therapeutic equivalent testosterone gel 1.0%. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) concluded previously that Perrigo's testosterone product is therapeutically equivalent to AbbVie's AndroGel 1.0% and can be substituted with the full expectation that it will produce the same clinical effect and safety profile as AndroGel 1.0% when used under the conditions specified in the labeling.

Nah. Androgel reps are gone before midyear. Period.

Absolute nonsense! We are already listening to the Androgel marketing pitches from vendors for 2016 and beyond.
Look at it this way: Depakote went generic many, many years ago, and those reps are still out there with samples and target docs.
We are going to be here a long, long time.

Absolute nonsense! We are already listening to the Androgel marketing pitches from vendors for 2016 and beyond.
Look at it this way: Depakote went generic many, many years ago, and those reps are still out there with samples and target docs.
We are going to be here a long, long time.

You can count the number of Depakote reps remaining throughout the entire nation on one hand.
I don't like those odds regarding the chances of being able to stay with metabolics.
Wake up!!! Start looking elsewhere NOW!! Or just sit back and bet on a longshot.

You can count the number of Depakote reps remaining throughout the entire nation on one hand.
I don't like those odds regarding the chances of being able to stay with metabolics.
Wake up!!! Start looking elsewhere NOW!! Or just sit back and bet on a longshot.

NOT TRUE! There are six (6) of them in the entire nation. DO you have an extra chromosome or something? Six fingers on one hand?
How many hundreds of Met reps do we have? Man we are about to lose a lot of fingers. and toes and heads and asses and vagis and wieners and...

Wait...we get an extra week of vacation this year??? I missed that message.

Anyways, don't worry my Metabolic peeps! We will be safe for a long time because we are going to NSM soon!

Everyone in this company get an extra week starting this year moving forward.
Nice!

Big Whoop. For years most other pharmas have been shutting down between Christmas and New Years and this year because Jan 1 was a Thursday, most people didn't go back until January 5. Kudos. They are trying to catch up and ,trust me, I am pretty sure starting pay rates will go down to make up for any extra days you get. Crappvie; A Cheapo company.

Moron, there are no pay adjustments down, we all get an extra weeks vacation added on to whatever you got before, stop your bitch, ABBVIE has been very fantastic to give everyone an extra week. Granted they should have done this years ago because we were behind the rest of the industry in this area. Just say THANK YOU.

Moron, there are no pay adjustments down, we all get an extra weeks vacation added on to whatever you got before, stop your bitch, ABBVIE has been very fantastic to give everyone an extra week. Granted they should have done this years ago because we were behind the rest of the industry in this area. Just say THANK YOU.

It's the least they can do - nice distraction as they get ready to show us to the door! THANK YOU sir, may I have another!