• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Amgen Onc vs Onyx

<

Do these teams really dislike each other or is this just the few outliers from each coming to CP to ruin both reputations? Why the bad blood?

I think it's a few people stirring the pot. The only field based teams who interact on any level are the Nexavar Team and the Amgen Blue. There may be some not so great relationships out there but for the most part it seems to be going along just fine. Vectibix is what it is and it isn't lead product for either team. The Kyprolis team has zero interaction with Amgen so my guess is it is a few people screwing around on cafe pharma for some laughs. I work on the KI side and I rarely if ever talk to my OBU Blue counterparts as I have at least 7 of them. We talk when we need to and it is always professional it's just that they are concentrating on what they need to as are we and there rarely is a reason that we need to discuss anything.

I think it's a few people stirring the pot. The only field based teams who interact on any level are the Nexavar Team and the Amgen Blue. There may be some not so great relationships out there but for the most part it seems to be going along just fine. Vectibix is what it is and it isn't lead product for either team. The Kyprolis team has zero interaction with Amgen so my guess is it is a few people screwing around on cafe pharma for some laughs. I work on the KI side and I rarely if ever talk to my OBU Blue counterparts as I have at least 7 of them. We talk when we need to and it is always professional it's just that they are concentrating on what they need to as are we and there rarely is a reason that we need to discuss anything.

KI is going to CSO / back to Bayer. Enjoy your job. Amgen will stripping you to pay for the Kyprolis expansion.

AMGEN OBU >>>> YOU!!!!

AMGEN! AMGEN! AMGEN!!!

Hoooooooooooooyahhhhhhh betches!!!!!!!!! ONYX NO GOOD!!!!!!

SUTENT is so much better than a Nexavar. Amgen bought Krapolis and Jizzavar. WEAK PRODUCTS / WEAK ONCOLOGY TEAM at Onyx!

We should sell onyx to BMS and let idiots control more idiots.

AMGEN FOR LIFE!! OBU OBU OBU!!!

SUTENT is so much better than a Nexavar. Amgen bought Krapolis and Jizzavar. WEAK PRODUCTS / WEAK ONCOLOGY TEAM at Onyx!

We should sell onyx to BMS and let idiots control more idiots.

AMGEN FOR LIFE!! OBU OBU OBU!!!

Suntent doesn't work at all in HCC...which is where 90% of Nexavar is used. Again you prove how little Amgen knows about oncology.

Geeze! Nobody gives a fk about the whiny sales idiots. You dont GENERATE rev. They buy on data not your crap.but with R&D gutted there wont be much to sell in the future anyway

Our ONYX drug extends life....what does Neulasta do?

The results from ASPIRE (abstract 79) will be featured during the 56th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition press briefing on Saturday, December 6 at 8 a.m. PT and were published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Keith Stewart, M.B., Ch.B., dean for research at Mayo Clinic in Arizona and principal investigator will present these results in an oral session at ASH on Sunday, December 7 at 12 p.m. PT.

Secondary endpoints, which are being presented for the first time, included overall survival (OS), overall response rate (ORR), duration of response (DOR), health-related quality of life (HR-QoL) measures and safety. While the data for median OS are not yet mature based on the prespecified statistical boundary at the interim (p=0.005), the analysis showed a trend in favor of KRd compared with Rd ()p=0.018, two-sided p=0.04). Patients will continue to be monitored for OS. The ORR was 87.1 percent with KRd and 66.7 percent with Rd ()p<0.0001, two-sided p<0.001). In the KRd and Rd groups, 14 percent versus 4.3 percent of patients achieved a stringent complete response, a measurement indicating superior depth of response. Median DOR was 28.6 months (KRd) and 21.2 months (Rd). KRd consistently improved Global HR-QoL compared with Rd over 18 cycles of treatment (one-sided p=0.0001, two-sided p<0.001).

"Nearly all patients with multiple myeloma experience a relapse following treatment, underscoring the need for new options that not only extend the time patients live without their disease progressing, but also improve the depth and duration of a response to treatment," said Dr. Stewart. "The combination of carfilzomib, lenalidomide and low-dose dexamethasone generates deep and durable responses, provides a clinically meaningful improvement in progression-free survival and promises to be an important advancement in the treatment of myeloma."

Our ONYX drug extends life....what does Neulasta do?

The results from ASPIRE (abstract 79) will be featured during the 56th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition press briefing on Saturday, December 6 at 8 a.m. PT and were published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Keith Stewart, M.B., Ch.B., dean for research at Mayo Clinic in Arizona and principal investigator will present these results in an oral session at ASH on Sunday, December 7 at 12 p.m. PT.

Secondary endpoints, which are being presented for the first time, included overall survival (OS), overall response rate (ORR), duration of response (DOR), health-related quality of life (HR-QoL) measures and safety. While the data for median OS are not yet mature based on the prespecified statistical boundary at the interim (p=0.005), the analysis showed a trend in favor of KRd compared with Rd ()p=0.018, two-sided p=0.04). Patients will continue to be monitored for OS. The ORR was 87.1 percent with KRd and 66.7 percent with Rd ()p<0.0001, two-sided p<0.001). In the KRd and Rd groups, 14 percent versus 4.3 percent of patients achieved a stringent complete response, a measurement indicating superior depth of response. Median DOR was 28.6 months (KRd) and 21.2 months (Rd). KRd consistently improved Global HR-QoL compared with Rd over 18 cycles of treatment (one-sided p=0.0001, two-sided p<0.001).

"Nearly all patients with multiple myeloma experience a relapse following treatment, underscoring the need for new options that not only extend the time patients live without their disease progressing, but also improve the depth and duration of a response to treatment," said Dr. Stewart. "The combination of carfilzomib, lenalidomide and low-dose dexamethasone generates deep and durable responses, provides a clinically meaningful improvement in progression-free survival and promises to be an important advancement in the treatment of myeloma."

OMG are you ignorant...