Amgen lay off

I don't know what planet you're on but Amgen has been laying off, walking out the door, moving people to contract positions, and losing personnel to other companies for the last 6 years in the US. It is not empty gossip....ARI has gone from 1700 to about 700 and ACO has gone from 1800 to about 400. Even ATO had major layoffs over the years. No one has been "comfy" except maybe the executives on the BoD. There have been 3 good sized layoffs this year alone, and it is just July.

yep...well said...next couple months should be interesting, if you don't think a rif or vtp or whatever is coming, you don't have a clue

According to the above post, notification was on 6/4 and the date of the layoff is 8/8....the same day as the BHBU all call. Will this be the sit by the phone day after the all field call. laid off immediatly then?

I overheard a layoff number of 1600. I was near Med Dir office (DB) when I heard this. The person I heard this from has always been spot on with things. Unfortunately I can't confirm if the number is correct. Can anyone else?

I heard the layoff number is 17,999 and Bob Bradway will now be operating the machines to make drug since he's the only one left. He will pay himself a 1,000,000,000 dollars a minute for his work.

The VTP transitions occurr in late September or October according to the first email we received. The second eluded to layoffs into 2015. Wow the bodies aren't even cold yet from the last go round!

Yeah, that PD email basically stated that there won't be any announcements (affecting PD) until September when they finish announcing the org structure. Not sure about the rest of the business units but it looks like PD will be waiting.