• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Allergan Said to Plan Cost Cuts Amid Valeant Defense

I went to a state school and played an NCAA sport and have never pulled more than 200k at AGN, but I am smart enough to know all these rich dudes are all friends! If the CEO of Dodge offered to buy Ford the workers would know that day! If Ford didn't give friends and family prices to employees then the employees would strike, same with a legit stock purchase program. My point to the rich getting richer is that these dudes are at the very least acquaintances and Pyott stands to make a lot of money if the deal happens. Also remember who the largest shareholder is that DP has fudiciary responsibilities... Maybe I should have taken my talents to Harvard and then spent 4 yrs at McKinsey and 4 yrs with Pershing Sq making 1.5M a yr but either way I would be smart enough to know that all these guys will continue to get richer and richer and they truly don't care about a HO employee or a rep selling Eye drops, TiTs, or a Toxin!

I went to a state school and played an NCAA sport and have never pulled more than 200k at AGN, but I am smart enough to know all these rich dudes are all friends! If the CEO of Dodge offered to buy Ford the workers would know that day! If Ford didn't give friends and family prices to employees then the employees would strike, same with a legit stock purchase program. My point to the rich getting richer is that these dudes are at the very least acquaintances and Pyott stands to make a lot of money if the deal happens. Also remember who the largest shareholder is that DP has fudiciary responsibilities... Maybe I should have taken my talents to Harvard and then spent 4 yrs at McKinsey and 4 yrs with Pershing Sq making 1.5M a yr but either way I would be smart enough to know that all these guys will continue to get richer and richer and they truly don't care about a HO employee or a rep selling Eye drops, TiTs, or a Toxin!

I went to a private school and I am doing $200K+ in one of my first few years here. Cheers to that!

Post of the year!

DP stands to make a lot of money if the deal happens or if the deal does not happen. In 16 years he took AGN from 2 billion to 43 billion. Surely, he must have made acquaintances with other rich people. Why be jealous of other peoples possessions?

There are other 90 % shareholders whom you forget and they too deserve fiduciary duties from DP.

Why is this so "ironic"? You ever heard of read and react? VRX exposed some of our weaknesses in hopes of acquiring AGN. AGN doesn't want to be acquired so it responds to some of the weaknesses VRX has exposed to appease the masses.

Pretty basic. Not surprising at all.

AGN tightening up, not the end of the world. Happening EVERYWHERE across this industry and every single other industry. AGN has been lucky to hang tight for so long doing things as they see fit. Time to adjust to the times.

Okay. Maybe "ironic" is not the right word then. But if I'm a non-employee shareholder, I'm pissed at Pyott that it caused Mike Pearson to be the one to put pressure on him to make some of these cost cutting measures. Why did it take the threat of a hostile takeover for you to get off your ass and actually be a leader????

Now if only another country would threaten the Obama administration with a hostile takeover, maybe he and congress would get their crap together and balance the budget (among other things).

Shareholders want to make money period, they will vote for the deal! The shareholders will vote and everyone will know their fate soon! Thank God- so sick of the stress!

Shareholders want to make money period, they will vote for the deal! The shareholders will vote and everyone will know their fate soon! Thank God- so sick of the stress!

Don't think so. If an acquisition happens that makes us too expensive for VRX, then they may just pull out and this will never get to a shareholder vote.