• Wed news: 2025 Medicare drug price negotiations. BioAge Labs aiming at $180M IPO. Merck Keytruda colorectal cancer flop. Sanofi gets bids for consumer health unit. Novo Nordisk CEO in Senate hot seat. See more on our front page

Allergan Retina

Anonymous

Many positions on your website for Allergan- Retina. Is this an expansion or mass exodus? How is the division? Any honest feedback is appreciated, tremendously. Thanks so much.

<

Expansion is suppose to happen. It's not a great product and it has a huge needle 22 gauge which is like a harpoon to an eye. Vegf is the way to go. This is a third line injection. Great company though. Good east coast boss. Crappy product. I would keep looking

Expansion is suppose to happen. It's not a great product and it has a huge needle 22 gauge which is like a harpoon to an eye. Vegf is the way to go. This is a third line injection. Great company though. Good east coast boss. Crappy product. I would keep looking

Good synopsis except that Allergan's reputation in the market place is in rapid decline. Morale is horrendous-check all these posts-mass exodous is correct.

Good synopsis except that Allergan's reputation in the market place is in rapid decline. Morale is horrendous-check all these posts-mass exodous is correct.

Thank you this too. Although, I am finding it difficult to see what company is respected in OPH anymore, the big 3, Alcon, Allergan and BnL are not what they used to be.

How wrong you are! This is probably the best division in Allergan. Yes, there was some growing pains early on, but they come and gone. Great leadership in the division and physicians are starting to use Ozurdex in combination with VegF therapy. It's no longer one or the other when treating a retinal issue. Not to mention DME will be a game changer.
Things have changed, and they will only get better as this market takes off. Chears!!!

How wrong you are! This is probably the best division in Allergan. Yes, there was some growing pains early on, but they come and gone. Great leadership in the division and physicians are starting to use Ozurdex in combination with VegF therapy. It's no longer one or the other when treating a retinal issue. Not to mention DME will be a game changer.
Things have changed, and they will only get better as this market takes off. Chears!!!

good to hear.

Retina is awesome. Sure Oz is a tough sale, but the sales team has been knocking it out of the park. Future looks great and we're only getting started. I'm not sure that DME is going to be as big as leadership thinks, though.

Cool Mangement but its a device sale that is comp like pharma. Stacked ranking and capped bonus.

Not a bad job by any means but a shitty sale. The hope is to get another job in the specialty after this one DME isn't going to do much VegF will have it and the issues are the same big needle poor duration and pressure spike management. You are kicking it out of the park because the goal was "mouse nuts"

Is that boy scout Rob Ryan still pimping this?

I interviewed for a Retina rep position, but unfortunately did not get it. There was a lot of competition. They have a great drug and are expanding with a new indication. I have been in Retina for two years but my company is losing indications. One of my docs recommended I apply. I really liked the manager too, she was approachable and seemed real. Not giving-up.

To all those doubters about Allergan Retina.
Ozurdex received the indication for DME in July and sales are thru the roof!
Great sales team that just expanded and great managers.
Darpin for WAMD is coming soon too.
The needle doesn't bother the physicians...

To all those doubters about Allergan Retina.
Ozurdex received the indication for DME in July and sales are thru the roof!
Great sales team that just expanded and great managers.
Darpin for WAMD is coming soon too.
The needle doesn't bother the physicians...

The needle for DARPin vs Ozurdex are different in sizes. I prefer Ozurdex only because it comes packaged with the applicator where as DARPin requires needles and syringes. However, Lucentis is also applied via needles and syringes so I guess the physicians won't care.

The needle for DARPin vs Ozurdex are different in sizes. I prefer Ozurdex only because it comes packaged with the applicator where as DARPin requires needles and syringes. However, Lucentis is also applied via needles and syringes so I guess the physicians won't care.

plus less frequency with DARPin ... that's a winner