• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Allergan is divesting. No future here.

anonymous

You walk into restaurant and on the way in you walk past a bunch of unemployed disgruntled chefs(Research and development personnel). You're seated at the table, handed a menu(current drug portfolio and drug pipeline). You're at the table for over an hour (reps selling their drugs promised a future blockbuster) and no food. Then, unexpectedly the lights shut off and your asked to leave (layoffs).

This has been Allergan for the last 4 years. We're being invested into just enough to keep the company sexy enough for a corporate acquisition or drug sell off while keeping the stock high enough to keep Walk Street happy. Nice balancing act Saunders.

But if you're a rep, you can expect layoffs once a year every year or more. AND now, LAYOFFS COME WITH OUT WARNING UNDER DECEITFUL TITLES CALLED Q2 EARNINGS UPDATE. Lynch likes to lynch. Beware of mandatory meetings and keep your resume up to date as the next 3-5 are going to be interesting as Saunders gets that itch to move onto the next great thing.

<

Yeah so what. So is every pharma company in existence. They buy products they sell products they open sales divisions and they close them.

Every public company is "for sale."

I'll bet if you're legacy FRX, watching that stock rise from the 40's to over 300 at one point wasn't bad? Same thing with legacy Actavis (who?) and even legacy AGN -- you could be part of Valeant right now -- remember them?

We get paid a lot. We don't have perfect job security. We have quarterly goals and if we make them, we always get paid. And we'll probably get a few more quarters to do the same thing over and over again.

And guess what? If you do? You're most likely first in line to get a different assignment if there is an organizational change. If you don't, the severance packages are generous and more than fair.

I sense a lot of fear in your posting. Maybe you have a big family and lots of bills. I get it. Go look for something that has a more suitable risk/reward ratio for a career. Otherwise, you are fucking up your present because of fear of an unknown future.

You really can get to a point in your mind where you just ride along with the changes.

You're nowhere near there yet. I hope you make progress and your mind eases a bit. Worry and stress and doomsaying is no way to go through life.

You walk into restaurant and on the way in you walk past a bunch of unemployed disgruntled chefs(Research and development personnel). You're seated at the table, handed a menu(current drug portfolio and drug pipeline). You're at the table for over an hour (reps selling their drugs promised a future blockbuster) and no food. Then, unexpectedly the lights shut off and your asked to leave (layoffs).

This has been Allergan for the last 4 years. We're being invested into just enough to keep the company sexy enough for a corporate acquisition or drug sell off while keeping the stock high enough to keep Walk Street happy. Nice balancing act Saunders.

But if you're a rep, you can expect layoffs once a year every year or more. AND now, LAYOFFS COME WITH OUT WARNING UNDER DECEITFUL TITLES CALLED Q2 EARNINGS UPDATE. Lynch likes to lynch. Beware of mandatory meetings and keep your resume up to date as the next 3-5 are going to be interesting as Saunders gets that itch to move onto the next great thing.

Let's not call it Allergan (or Actavis for that matter). What's left are Forest people and Forest Leadership. This is Forest. Call it what it really is.

Let's not call it Allergan (or Actavis for that matter). What's left are Forest people and Forest Leadership. This is Forest. Call it what it really is.

Yeah- Forest leadership (that's why stock is tanking and they agree to 10% of a generic company in a deal where generics were going south quick), Allergan due to the Botox and Opthalmic franchises. Great products but they kept the shit personnel! Yep! You got it right asswipe!

We get paid a lot. We don't have perfect job security. We have quarterly goals and if we make them, we always get paid. And we'll probably get a few more quarters to do the same thing over and over again.

And guess what? If you do? You're most likely first in line to get a different assignment if there is an organizational change. If you don't, the severance packages are generous and more than fair.

I sense a lot of fear in your posting. Maybe you have a big family and lots of bills. I get it. Go look for something that has a more suitable risk/reward ratio for a career. Otherwise, you are fucking up your present because of fear of an unknown future.

You really can get to a point in your mind where you just ride along with the changes.

You're nowhere near there yet. I hope you make progress and your mind eases a bit. Worry and stress and doomsaying is no way to go through life.[/QUOTE]

Man this reply above is exactly right. Allergan is a very good company and offers great benefits. There are so many pharmacist companies that have uncertainty and their employees are always under fear of their company being acquired.
Allergan is a god company. They were very fair on the severance packages. And the person who posted what I quoted above is right when they sad you can't live your life in fear of losing your job. Change your lifestyle if you need to, but at least build up your savings and investments enough that if you were let go that it would be a let down but you won't lose your house.
Allergan tries to be fair in every aspect as long as I've been here which is about 18 years. The only time I've hated it here is when I get a terrible manager and that can change your quality of life. It's the worst when the young 25 year old with no work or life experience are promoted to DM and we get caught in their learning curve. But that's it, just unqualified DMs and I have seen them bully reps. Sadly you can get that in any company but outside of that Allergan truly is a great company

Stock doesn't pay mortgage bills and day to day expenses. AND no, not every company is laying off the people who make the company money.

What's interesting is the players are getting fired but the coaches get to stay. LYNCH and his cronies have survived how many ntegrations, restructuring, layoffs at the expense of how many reps jobs? What's he sell? Bet you there's a salary base there that could employ 20 reps or more.

Stock stock stock. Unless you're retiring tomorrow who cares about stock. After taxes you're better off just having a job.

SQUOTE="anonymous, post: 5913227"]Yeah so what. So is every pharma company in existence. They buy products they sell products they open sales divisions and they close them.

I'll bet if you're legacy FRX, watching that stock rise from the 40's to over 300 at one point wasn't bad? Same thing with legacy Actavis (who?) and even legacy AGN -- you could be part of Valeant right now -- remember them?

You're nowhere near there yet. I hope you make progress and your mind eases a bit. Worry and stress and doomsaying is no way to go through life.[/QUOTE]

Company's restructured, guess that's life in pharma.

But I have yet to have anyone at any company tell me that they've ever had anything other than three month quarters.

I mean what the beck is a 4 month quarter?

When do we see a 9 month quarter followed by 3 quarter one month quarters?

It effects performance and bonus payouts.

But keep it coming. I've been benefiting for years.

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 5913227"]Yeah so what. So is every pharma company in existence. They buy products they sell products they open sales divisions and they close them.

Actavis? Seriously? They bought Forest. And some fool is questioning who they were. Ha
Now the deal did suck for ACTAVIS since most of those people got jettisoned. RemeMber ATLANta? How about that crazy Urology/Cardiology hybrid sales team? Leadership is still Forest. Brent Jerry CR et al. All Forest. AND they are driving this company into the abyss

I agree about management. How many diff levels of management is really necessary and then the quantity as well. DMs at the PCR level could easily manage 16-20 reps and then you could decrease PCR DM headcount by 1/2. Now that alone is a lot of savings

When a company becomes more concerned with saving money (cutting expenses) as opposed to making money (investing in product and people), its time is short. Time to bail out. I can see where some people with a lot of options might stay hoping for a buy out, but how many options cut in the past threee years are in or near being in the money? I know people are blaming the old Forest management team but the old Forest management team has been gone a long time. BM and JL are not reflections of the old Forest management team - they have destroyed a place that averaged double diget growth almost every quarter for 25 years, and ruined a work environment that had no layoffs until BS was put in charge.

When a company becomes more concerned with saving money (cutting expenses) as opposed to making money (investing in product and people), its time is short. Time to bail out. I can see where some people with a lot of options might stay hoping for a buy out, but how many options cut in the past threee years are in or near being in the money? I know people are blaming the old Forest management team but the old Forest management team has been gone a long time. BM and JL are not reflections of the old Forest management team - they have destroyed a place that averaged double diget growth almost every quarter for 25 years, and ruined a work environment that had no layoffs until BS was put in charge.

Yep and he did the same thing to the AGN people! Saunders is crap! The board needs to see if Pyott is available!

The last set of layoffs was a way to get rid of the reps earning 6 figures. Yeah sure, they fired a few newbies to throw anuone off the scent. I mean why have one qualifted achiever you have to respect, treat well who won't get you in legal trouble when you can hire 4 people to stumbe their way through the years. Your managers can train them, yeah right. I have yet to meet anyone if your former managers who went on to manage at any other company. That's right Fobots, there are people working side by side doing the same job you're doing earning double because they didn't race to the bottom of the industries salary norms by being attached to Forest. See the salaries they're offering for PCP reps, those are the kind of salaries offered in in the year 1999 not 2017.

They will try to retain the cheapest tallent they have for open woman's health positions, G2 and any other spots.

Give it a few months and they do another layoff of any G2, G1 reps who sliped through the cracks this,time around who earn 6 figure base salaries.

You can earn more, with less BS, with the same risk in contract sales than at Allergan/Forest. They won't send you inspirational daily quotes, have 4:30 Friday team meetings, have overbearing managers, play tricks with the quarterservice and rankings (WTF is a 4 month quarter? How many quarters,are in a dollar, a fixed amount)

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 5914080"]When a company becomes more concerned with saving money (cutting expenses) as opposed to making money (investing in product and people), its time is short. Time to bail out. I can see where some people with a lot of options might stay hoping for a buy out, but how many options cut in the past threee years are in or near being in the money? I know people are blaming the old Forest management team but the old Forest management team has been gone a long time. BM and JL are not reflections of the old Forest management team - they have destroyed a place that averaged double diget growth almost every quarter for 25 years, and ruined a work environment that had no layoffs until BS was put in charge.[/QUOTE]