• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Ain't lookin good on slew of new drug failures - bigger layoff looming?

anonymous

Folks whatever happened to the slew of new promising drug pipeline at GNE? It has been bone dry with recent injunction against Emicizumab (Chugai molecule). Two once promising molecules failed Ph III with badly needed Lampalizumab for the beaten and worse to come Retina franchise (slew of Avastin biosims soon) and once rising star asthma drug but dead Lebrikizumab sold for peanuts - $135 mil.

Folks - it all points to MAJOR layoffs in SSF lala land and field sales as it's lot harder and very expensive to let people go in Baseland. Swiss folks were not too thrilled with too many reps to begin with and let's face it - just drag to the margins anyway for living the country club lifestyle which was otay when gravy poured in but not when Rituxan/Herceptin/Avastin biosims are about to take monopoly market share. Basel tower honchos will engage McKinsey and say what bottom lines to sales and financial impact did old stodgy pharmas face when they decimated the reps, i.e., Pfizer.

Time to polish them CVs...

<

But in light of this, let's move the BU meeting at the last minute to shithole Vegas.....Leadership at its best.

How much money between cancelled flights to Miami, last minute new flights, and money left on the table at Fountainbleu?

Why not have taken a pause and waited a few weeks to assess how our co workers faired between Texas and Fla, as well as keeping some money wisely in the coffers with pipeline failures?

Folks whatever happened to the slew of new promising drug pipeline at GNE? It has been bone dry with recent injunction against Emicizumab (Chugai molecule). Two once promising molecules failed Ph III with badly needed Lampalizumab for the beaten and worse to come Retina franchise (slew of Avastin biosims soon) and once rising star asthma drug but dead Lebrikizumab sold for peanuts - $135 mil.

Folks - it all points to MAJOR layoffs in SSF lala land and field sales as it's lot harder and very expensive to let people go in Baseland. Swiss folks were not too thrilled with too many reps to begin with and let's face it - just drag to the margins anyway for living the country club lifestyle which was otay when gravy poured in but not when Rituxan/Herceptin/Avastin biosims are about to take monopoly market share. Basel tower honchos will engage McKinsey and say what bottom lines to sales and financial impact did old stodgy pharmas face when they decimated the reps, i.e., Pfizer.

Time to polish them CVs...
Does this mean I have to give up my Mercedes? How am I gonna pay my country club dues? How will patients survive if I'm not able to counsel and guide my oncologists? So now your telling me that's it's not about the patient? Will this end the illustrious Vegas Nsm parties? Please say it's not true!! This is all Tumps fault. I know it.

Does this mean I have to give up my Mercedes? How am I gonna pay my country club dues? How will patients survive if I'm not able to counsel and guide my oncologists? So now your telling me that's it's not about the patient? Will this end the illustrious Vegas Nsm parties? Please say it's not true!! This is all Tumps fault. I know it.

I'd be happy to see Vegas NSM go away completely. Bill A is tasked with overhauling this ship as it has become a floating ship of fools. Fat trimming is most likely both inside and in the field, car allowance program will go away and those remaining will schlep around their Subway lunches in a Ford Focus. Get your big boy and girl pants on and be ready for a shake up