• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Adam sounds incredibly ridiculous and naive

Anonymous

To quote Adam I have assembled the best team in Merck and pharmaceutical business to lead this transformational change which of course includes my brother Dave too. I am confident these agents of change will bring success. Sorry sound more like the captain of the Titanic.

It is incredible difficult to buy what you are predicting when it has been these same kiss asses have led us into this sad ditch.

Just because Adam you say so is not going to make it happen. The legacy of past 4 years reflects Adam surrounds himself with sycophants and lives in the lala land.

<

To quote Adam I have assembled the best team in Merck and pharmaceutical business to lead this transformational change which of course includes my brother Dave too. I am confident these agents of change will bring success. Sorry sound more like the captain of the Titanic.

It is incredible difficult to buy what you are predicting when it has been these same kiss asses have led us into this sad ditch.

Just because Adam you say so is not going to make it happen. The legacy of past 4 years reflects Adam surrounds himself with sycophants and lives in the lala land.

Could not have said it better myself!

Agree this is incredible to see the wool being pulled over our eyes by this presumptuous know it all arrogant contrite individual. The buy proposition from Adam is difficult to swallow. In reality this is now about Adam's own survival. The company is in the ditch due to Ken and Adam's poor decision making. They gambled on the 4 Bil in savings from integration and now they need more cuts. Their business model assumption failed. They must be held accountable for their failures.

Ya surrounded by lemmings and cowards who dare to speak up.

And I suppose you would be one of the brave souls with a clear voice who would speak up and tell him exactly what the problem is and precisely how to fix it. I guess that's why you post anonymously on CP, just like the rest of us cowards.

And I suppose you would be one of the brave souls with a clear voice who would speak up and tell him exactly what the problem is and precisely how to fix it. I guess that's why you post anonymously on CP, just like the rest of us cowards.

So no longer a lemming and a coward. Saved, I am out of the MRK sink hole. Cannot waste my life anymore dealing with mindless manipulations which make no sense. Good luck. Be well.

I would not call that "naive" when the messenger was reading off a script and knew exactly the purpose of the message was for.

HQ knows what they are doing. We may disagree with them and comfort ourselves by saying they are clueless and "naive". They are keeping their jobs, re-assuring each other they have done a great job while transforming you out of a job. They are definitely not naive.

The best---and bravest---rep I ever knew told Adam that he thought our performance measurement system was a complete fraud. He told him that right to his face, at one of those special little dinners where the magnanimous Adam the Great steps down from his thrown to let the commoners kiss his ass over dinner.

That rep was managed out of the company less than two years later. A new manager was assigned to his geography and the pressure immediately ensued. He was white, in his 40's with 14 years tenure. It was the classic story I've read on CP at least twenty times now.

This company is rotten to the core. Courage and candor...safe to speak up...

Dude, there is a time and place to give feedback. It sounds like your guy was just complaining and bitching; this was probably A's first meeting with him and what a negative impression that guy put forward! If it was that big of an issue his ass would have been kicked to the curb immediately - the guy probably had a crappy attitude, complaining to senior management - he probably complained to everyone...other reps, his new manager, customers and so on. Good riddance to that guy. Yeah, we don't have the sharpest tools in the tool shed in management. But what an idiot that guy was to bitch about it and think it would have some kind of impact.

Dude, there is a time and place to give feedback. It sounds like your guy was just complaining and bitching; this was probably A's first meeting with him and what a negative impression that guy put forward! If it was that big of an issue his ass would have been kicked to the curb immediately - the guy probably had a crappy attitude, complaining to senior management - he probably complained to everyone...other reps, his new manager, customers and so on. Good riddance to that guy. Yeah, we don't have the sharpest tools in the tool shed in management. But what an idiot that guy was to bitch about it and think it would have some kind of impact.

Yup, don't you know... "everything is just wonderful!" I was just explaining to a colleague (about 70% of our division is about to leave for a competitor and we are supposed to be one of those Important Divisions that will save Merck in the coming years) that the "everything is sunshine" talk is fine when the Billions just pour on in, BUT as in the Oceans tide, the Billions sometimes go out and that's when you actually need "transparency" of voice. Can you imagine being in combat and you ask your comrade " is that building clear of the enemy?" "oh yes, everything is just Fine and dandy - don't worry about ANYTHING - would you like some more Kool-Aid?" If you are a FOOL and depend on this "Information" than you are likely to get your head blown off upon entry to that building.

Yup, don't you know... "everything is just wonderful!" I was just explaining to a colleague (about 70% of our division is about to leave for a competitor and we are supposed to be one of those Important Divisions that will save Merck in the coming years) that the "everything is sunshine" talk is fine when the Billions just pour on in, BUT as in the Oceans tide, the Billions sometimes go out and that's when you actually need "transparency" of voice. Can you imagine being in combat and you ask your comrade " is that building clear of the enemy?" "oh yes, everything is just Fine and dandy - don't worry about ANYTHING - would you like some more Kool-Aid?" If you are a FOOL and depend on this "Information" than you are likely to get your head blown off upon entry to that building.

The manager keeps hearing Glorious reports from the field that NO One is LEAVING. EVERYTHING is JUST FINE! This is not the "time" for uncomfortable "news" . Do not be a jerk and tell your DCO the Truth. God forbid. We need more Sunshine and Butterflies and the ship is sinking.

I think your ILK is the problem buddy! I would appreciate a little bit more Honesty from everybody.

Our corporate color should be emerald green instead of teal green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIZZnXrWFyA&sns=em

Ha ha ha
Ho ho ho
And a couple of tra la las
That's how we laugh the day away
In the merry old land of Oz

Bzz, bzz, bzz
Chirp, chirp, chirp
And a couple of La di das
That's how the crickets crick all day

We get up at twelve and start to work at one
Take an hour for lunch and then at two we're done
Jolly good fun

Ha ha ha
Ho ho ho
And a couple of tra la las

Ha ha ha
Ho ho ho
Ha ha ha ha ha
With a ho ho ho ha ha ha

Pat, pat here
Pat, pat there
And a couple of brand new straws
That's how we keep you young and fair

Rub, rub here
Rub, rub there
Whether you're tin or brass
That's how we keep you in repair

We can make a dimple smile out of a frown
Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown? Uh-huh
Jolly old town

Clip, clip here
Clip, clip there
We give the roughest claws
That certain air of savoir faire

Ha ha ha
Ho ho ho
Ho ho ho ho ho

With a ha ha ha, ha ha ha, ha ha ha
Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, ha ha ha

Ha ha ha, ho ho oh, ha ha ha
Ah ha ha

He said that Adam asked for their input on a number of topics, so he told him the truth. You know, Courage & Candor and all that bullshit. I think he's a stud, not another d--k sucker.

HCV, huh? Yes, we're all bailing. That product is finished. Like everything else at Merck...

Safe to speak up doesn't say: safe to speak up at exactly the right time so long as no one could possibly take it the wrong way.

Every day I go to work in the past 4 years it has gotten a little quieter. And over that time our best performers left. Now it's like something out of 1984, it's impossible to even verbalize our problems or how to fix them...

Safe to speak up doesn't say: safe to speak up at exactly the right time so long as no one could possibly take it the wrong way.

Every day I go to work in the past 4 years it has gotten a little quieter. And over that time our best performers left. Now it's like something out of 1984, it's impossible to even verbalize our problems or how to fix them...

I feel it, too. It's a morale---and moral---ghost town.

Why tell these self serving fake leaders anything. The talking to the lowly peons in the company is never sincere anyway; even if I had the most brilliant idea I would say nothing. Why give him an idea for free? That is why MRK pays these execs big bucks. Let them come up with something constructive. But of course they never do so they call in the consultants. McKinsey or consultants charge mega $$$ for ideas.

The truth is that fake leadership is what Merck is built on.

Hey Adam want to go good get rid of the ridiculous bureaucracy maze and the sucks up (your managers) who exhibit passive aggressive behavior to undermine the positive efforts of hard work.