• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Abhay has been let go

I would appear that you may have mis-understood the role of a CEO. His job is not to “help you”. There is a business plan in place...you have a job...and a job to do. It is time to execute that plan or take corrective measures. These decisions are made in conjunction with Brand Managers and VP of Sales along with Sales Ops. To blame a CEO by saying he has done nothing no doubt sums up your frustration as I’m sure your colleagues share. Sun is an organization where nobody wants to claim failures, only successes. But failure is really only an opportunity to learn and course adjust. Do people really feel as though they will be terminated for trying but failing? I hope not.
I personally believe that the tide will turn and the efforts will begin to show. The question is will you be here when it does?
I would encourage you to be part of the solution and not become so disheartened that you move to another opportunity elsewhere.

Signed the Ilumya Leadership Team.

I would appear that you may have mis-understood the role of a CEO. His job is not to “help you”. There is a business plan in place...you have a job...and a job to do. It is time to execute that plan or take corrective measures. These decisions are made in conjunction with Brand Managers and VP of Sales along with Sales Ops. To blame a CEO by saying he has done nothing no doubt sums up your frustration as I’m sure your colleagues share. Sun is an organization where nobody wants to claim failures, only successes. But failure is really only an opportunity to learn and course adjust. Do people really feel as though they will be terminated for trying but failing? I hope not.
I personally believe that the tide will turn and the efforts will begin to show. The question is will you be here when it does?
I would encourage you to be part of the solution and not become so disheartened that you move to another opportunity elsewhere.

The issue here is that the plan is not a good one. You can execute all day on a crappy plan and not get the results.
needed.

At the end of the day, someone has to be accountable for that. And so it’s the CEO’s role to check the plan, understand it, and ensure it’s supported with the right resources. Abhay and tea boy are very deep in the details and so they own the plan/strategy. Their VPs hired every brand manager and sales rep. No where to hide on that Mr. CEO.

And look, let’s be real, the title of CEO at Sun is a bit overstated. It’s more like a GM or BU head at a real Pharma company. And so those people are fully accountable in those organizations, they lose their jobs when they’re consistently missing the target. Two years Anhay, two years!

It’s becoming way more clear now that the issues are at the top. And are their concerns about ‘failing’ at Sun and losing your job ? Yeah, kinda. But then again look at the VPs who have been failing and they keep their jobs.

The last paragraph, if written by Abhay or one of his close cohorts, is a plea to stop the hemorrhaging. I’ll bet Sun is tracking towards a 40% annual turnover rate.

That’s a crystal clear sign that something is deeply wrong with leadership.

The issue here is that the plan is not a good one. You can execute all day on a crappy plan and not get the results.
needed.

At the end of the day, someone has to be accountable for that. And so it’s the CEO’s role to check the plan, understand it, and ensure it’s supported with the right resources. Abhay and tea boy are very deep in the details and so they own the plan/strategy. Their VPs hired every brand manager and sales rep. No where to hide on that Mr. CEO.

And look, let’s be real, the title of CEO at Sun is a bit overstated. It’s more like a GM or BU head at a real Pharma company. And so those people are fully accountable in those organizations, they lose their jobs when they’re consistently missing the target. Two years Anhay, two years!

It’s becoming way more clear now that the issues are at the top. And are their concerns about ‘failing’ at Sun and losing your job ? Yeah, kinda. But then again look at the VPs who have been failing and they keep their jobs.

The last paragraph, if written by Abhay or one of his close cohorts, is a plea to stop the hemorrhaging. I’ll bet Sun is tracking towards a 40% annual turnover rate.

That’s a crystal clear sign that something is deeply wrong with leadership.

Resignations are really picking up across the company. Certainly not a good sign.