• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

A few words of advice: RTBKPL

RTBKPL occasionally makes valid points but he also so consistently comes-off as a pompous douchebag. RTBKPL, please find more effective ways to communicate your message.

I find most of his stuff to be very enlightening and highly informative. I think those who say he is a pompous douchebag are Pompous douchbags themselves. One guy comes in and is helpful and he gets attacked.

I find most of his stuff to be very enlightening and highly informative. I think those who say he is a pompous douchebag are Pompous douchbags themselves. One guy comes in and is helpful and he gets attacked.

How is he helpful? Why do you think this guy knows something that the rest of us don't? Half the time he contradicts himself or states the obvious. And besides, I did NOT attack him.... I gave him advice on how to communicate more effectively.

• RTBKPL   Nov 02, 2011 at 08:00: AM
RTBKPL occasionally makes valid points but he also so consistently comes-off as a pompous douchebag. RTBKPL, please find more effective ways to communicate your message.

My friend, I am very sorry that I don't meet your standards for communications skills. While I will occasionally take a jab back at someone who has taken a jab at me, you might note that I don't initiate any name calling as do you. I believe douchebag is two words, "douche" and "bag." I wouldn't know though, I've never had the need for one.

Have a great day my friend and remember....

Never let the bastards get you down.

RTBKPL

• RTBKPL   Nov 02, 2011 at 08:01: AM

Looser? My friend, I frequently make spelling and grammar gaffs and I appreciate the education I receive from those of you willing to correct my missteps. For the record I believe you mean "LOSER?"

RTBKPL

• RTBKPL   Nov 02, 2011 at 08:04: AM
If football is for the brain dead what would you call a short old bald man (with a full blown case of short man's disease) that posts fictitious information about himself on CP and creates his own replies?

Well my friend, short is a matter of ones perspective but bald I am not. You should hope to have as full a head of hair when you are my age and with only a touch of grey I might add.

Have a great day my friend and remember.....

RTBKPL

Looser? My friend, I frequently make spelling and grammar gaffs and I appreciate the education I receive from those of you willing to correct my missteps. For the record I believe you mean "LOSER?"

RTBKPL

You seem very good at spelling, especially "douche bag" and "loser".... I suspect it is because you have had to correct many people's spelling who think you are both. For the record, I never called you either.... I just offered you advice to help you avoid the perception that you create.
And I will remember to never let YOU get me down.

You seem very good at spelling, especially "douche bag" and "loser".... I suspect it is because you have had to correct many people's spelling who think you are both. For the record, I never called you either.... I just offered you advice to help you avoid the perception that you create.
And I will remember to never let YOU get me down.

Is that the best you can do? If you are going to engage in a battle of wits with the RT man I would hope you would come armed with more than that. You would do well to listen to his advice. You will be looking for a job soon.

Is that the best you can do? If you are going to engage in a battle of wits with the RT man I would hope you would come armed with more than that. You would do well to listen to his advice. You will be looking for a job soon.

You think my comments are a "battle of wits"? Sorry for your misperception.... I am only offering him solid advice and since I am giving it out free, here is some for you... quit worshipping at the alter of RT man. It is really quite pathetic.

You think my comments are a "battle of wits"? Sorry for your misperception.... I am only offering him solid advice and since I am giving it out free, here is some for you... quit worshipping at the alter of RT man. It is really quite pathetic.

I count myself among those who took his words and advice to heart, I feel that we outweigh those such as you who try to put him down. Most will read his words and not comment at all while someone such as yourself "gives out free advice" and advises him on how best to communicate. I don't find him coming across as any of the adjectives you have used. It appears to this observer that you are the one who needs to find a better way to communicate. I'm just sayin'.

I count myself among those who took his words and advice to heart, I feel that we outweigh those such as you who try to put him down. Most will read his words and not comment at all while someone such as yourself "gives out free advice" and advises him on how best to communicate. I don't find him coming across as any of the adjectives you have used. It appears to this observer that you are the one who needs to find a better way to communicate. I'm just sayin'.

This is cafe pharma and for some reason, it tends to attract the lowest common denominator; those who are angry, disgruntled, unable to focus their talents in a constructive way, or maybe not too bright. They are used to coming on here and discussing topics in a simple way with colorful language and name calling; think of preschool recess before nap time. So, when someone with a degree of intelligence comes here and posts comments that provoke some level of thought, that person most be short, bald, nonathletic, a d-bag, etc. I'm all for a good debate, however to come on here and take time to comment on a post that you do not agree with, come up with something better than personal attacks on the OP.

As a fan of RT I always enjoy his input--words of maturity are rare! I am delighted that he still takes time to check in with the old company if for no other reason, to give a perspective from outside. It seems there is one person that is jealous of RT, has to throw a tantrum whenever he sees the posts and simply can't let it go! As to the ad hominems, simply the result of small minds.

Look.... anyone who starts with the cliche' "The more things change the more they stay the same." my sensors immediately set for red-alert. Mostly because what is almost always to follow is pointless drivel. RT is no exception. Please, just go back and read what he has stated. There is nothing inciteful, new or even remotely interesting. You people are either the most uninformed ever or perhaps just brain-dead. Either way, you all should read more and actually expose yourselves to some real incite and perspective..... I'm just saying

Of course my friend, my six is always covered and when I find the enemy within range he will be dispatched with short to moderate bursts from a proper lead on his course.

I'm glad I provide you with some entertainment as you do me. I shall refrain from any vulgar comments regarding my thoughts on you. I prefer to make those in an up close and personal sort of way.

Have a great day my friend and remember.....

RTBKPL

Ooooooh! I a'scared! I doubt if you would know how to make a deflection shot.

You know....this guy has you all bamboozled. He is smart, articulate, controlled, humorous, probably hung like a horse and the ladies can't get enough of him. He plays you guys like a fisherman with a fish on the end of his line. Try as you might you can't shake his tree. Quite entertaining if you ask me.

You know....this guy has you all bamboozled. He is smart, articulate, controlled, humorous, probably hung like a horse and the ladies can't get enough of him. He plays you guys like a fisherman with a fish on the end of his line. Try as you might you can't shake his tree. Quite entertaining if you ask me.

Yeah but you seem the type to be entertained by mimes.... so who cares what you think.

The fact is that each time this guy posts he seems to hit at least one nail on the head. The comments about reading each word of the subjective portion of your midterm and end of year evaluation is very valuable advice. This is how they manage you out. How do you think those OUTSIDE management firms they bring in to do the dirty deed decide who stays and who goes? YOUR last two years evaluations. If someone is an ass kisser and always up the DM's ass with how great they are and you are out there doing the job, who do you think is going to get the 3? The ass kisser that's who. To keep your job, kiss up to the manager, look like you are doing the job even if you're not. Don't rock the boat and you have a good chance. Otherwise it's lights out. Good on you RT.

The fact is that each time this guy posts he seems to hit at least one nail on the head. The comments about reading each word of the subjective portion of your midterm and end of year evaluation is very valuable advice. This is how they manage you out. How do you think those OUTSIDE management firms they bring in to do the dirty deed decide who stays and who goes? YOUR last two years evaluations. If someone is an ass kisser and always up the DM's ass with how great they are and you are out there doing the job, who do you think is going to get the 3? The ass kisser that's who. To keep your job, kiss up to the manager, look like you are doing the job even if you're not. Don't rock the boat and you have a good chance. Otherwise it's lights out. Good on you RT.

You morons didn't know and understand that you have to fight and prove yourself to get the best evaluation possible? You had to hear from this RT guy before you started to grasp that concept? You fight for 3's, you fight to avoid 1's and sometimes you live with 2's.... wow, what an inciteful concept. You must almost be amazed when water freezes.

You morons didn't know and understand that you have to fight and prove yourself to get the best evaluation possible? You had to hear from this RT guy before you started to grasp that concept? You fight for 3's, you fight to avoid 1's and sometimes you live with 2's.... wow, what an inciteful concept. You must almost be amazed when water freezes.

Water freezes? Actually while we all might know this, it makes me think and he is right. It's the wording that can kill you. Let's face it, most of us get 2/2's. I believe that is referred to as a good solid performer but it you get a 2 in values and behaviors and a 3 in sales, the clincher might be the words you DM uses to describe you in the subjective sense. These are the deciding factors when the cuts are made.