• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

A Dose of Reality - Cure for E insanity

<

This from someone who should know from a company who is in a position to know. Go ahead get caught up
In the E hysteria but it’s not going to be the future the way many of you think!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-toyota-electric-idUSKBN2B81Q8
already own one and love it. No way would I ever go back. No gas, no oil, no radiator no emissions and low maintenance. My range is 200 miles on one charge. I expect that to double in the next year or two. Love it !

already own one and love it. No way would I ever go back. No gas, no oil, no radiator no emissions and low maintenance. My range is 200 miles on one charge. I expect that to double in the next year or two. Love it !

Good for you. If you can deal with the impracticality and want to pay a premium price then knock yourself out. Finally, what you expect means zip. You’ve got a vehicle with a very limited range which means it’s inherently impractical. All things considered, given the current and foreseeable future, gas is the superior choice.

Good for you. If you can deal with the impracticality and want to pay a premium price then knock yourself out. Finally, what you expect means zip. You’ve got a vehicle with a very limited range which means it’s inherently impractical. All things considered, given the current and foreseeable future, gas is the superior choice.
Love my electric vehicle ! Will NEVER return to inferior gas vehicle. Sorry - you lose.

What is needed to power the batteries and by extension the Charging Stations?

You’re not supposed to ask such inconvenient questions! I’ve already asked since most charging will be done at night when there is no sun and when there is little wind just where all this wonderful clean electricity is going to come from, but I never get an answer. I guess they’ve grown to love nukes! LOL!

Reactions: libluvsbukkake

You have to pay but it’s nominal. There are charging stations everywhere the key is you’ve just got to do your homework. Sometimes there in the middle of nowhere it’s very strange. For me I drive mostly in the city so I don’t make many long trips. When I have I’ve taken a couple of 20 minute breaks to fully charge while I grab a beverage. U park on a pad and either use an app or swipe credit card.

Also I charge mine nightly at home. I have a power outlet in garage and literally just plug it in! The next day I can drive all day - but note if hear and/or AC is running it will also affect battery life to some degree. Still / to me the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages. I seriously love it. I have the BMW i series

Yes. She is not “they”. She is you.
Poor Broken Beulah, your tiny brain has been busted by your imaginary nemesis "Sparky"
Also a "She" cannot be me anyway, as I have a natural-born pecker. You're violating my personal pronouns! You must be cancelled.
But you admit your severe mental illness, since you see a "Sparky" everywhere.
Has your mental illness ever been treated ? Doesn't Obamacare cover that ?

Also I charge mine nightly at home. I have a power outlet in garage and literally just plug it in! The next day I can drive all day - but note if hear and/or AC is running it will also affect battery life to some degree. Still / to me the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages. I seriously love it. I have the BMW i series
Respectfully, I think you misunderstood his question. I think he meant how is the power generated, not how you access it. The point is, it’s likely coming from the burning of fossil fuels.

Reactions: libluvsbukkake

You have to pay but it’s nominal. There are charging stations everywhere the key is you’ve just got to do your homework. Sometimes there in the middle of nowhere it’s very strange. For me I drive mostly in the city so I don’t make many long trips. When I have I’ve taken a couple of 20 minute breaks to fully charge while I grab a beverage. U park on a pad and either use an app or swipe credit card.

Yeah you’ve got a third of an hour to kill so you grab a beverage because you can’t go anywhere! See this is a great example of why e cars are impractical. What if you really don’t have that 20 minutes? Big difference between 20 minutes and less than 5 to fill up at the gas pump.
This isn’t about you not liking your e car or them not being fun to drive or having great performance and convenience but they are impractical. There is no getting around that.

Yeah you’ve got a third of an hour to kill so you grab a beverage because you can’t go anywhere! See this is a great example of why e cars are impractical. What if you really don’t have that 20 minutes? Big difference between 20 minutes and less than 5 to fill up at the gas pump.
This isn’t about you not liking your e car or them not being fun to drive or having great performance and convenience but they are impractical. There is no getting around that.
I don’t do many long trips in for me this is a non-issue. In my next car I anticipate a way higher range but for now this has not failed me once. I literally make one stop For 20 minutes with a fast food restaurant right next-door so I can go grab a quick lunch or whatever and when I’m finished the car is ready to go. It works out beautifully

I don’t do many long trips in for me this is a non-issue. In my next car I anticipate a way higher range but for now this has not failed me once. I literally make one stop For 20 minutes with a fast food restaurant right next-door so I can go grab a quick lunch or whatever and when I’m finished the car is ready to go. It works out beautifully
LOL! Yeah, everything works out beautifully until that time it doesn’t. Just because your car works for you, doesn’t make it a practical vehicle for most is my point. If it works for you and you’re happy, then fine. If you like riding a bike then fine, but it doesn’t make ecars practical for the average consumer! Case closed.

LOL! Yeah, everything works out beautifully until that time it doesn’t. Just because your car works for you, doesn’t make it a practical vehicle for most is my point. If it works for you and you’re happy, then fine. If you like riding a bike then fine, but it doesn’t make ecars practical for the average consumer! Case closed.
I don’t know who you are. The person who asked the question was LibsLuvBukkake. Not sure why you wedged your way into this discussion.

I imagine if I were going to go with a few hundred miles as the range, then I would compare cost of rental cars needed for longer trips.
But that means we'd still have a market for gas-powered vehicles, just that they'd be used less often