• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

A.A. Makes us miss kids' first day of school for August Meetinh

Clearly you didn't read thoroughly. The poster wasn't whining about working so hard and having no free time. The comment was about bagging out of work during the day to go to your kids activities. I can assure you that not all reps do that. As a matter of fact, many work through lunch with their customers on a daily basis and put in 10 to 14 LEGITIMATE calls a day. Do expense reporting at night or on weekends as well as istudy. The timing of the meeting stinks if you have a family. If you take a look at the females in upper management many do not have children. It's a sacrifice they've made and they can't relate. To say that we have a part time job is an insult to those of us who are working our asses off to launch a drug and have leadership that's hyper focused on metrics. Take your part time job and enjoy it. Sounds like you're a lazy rep.

Who see's 10-14 doctors a day that is pure bullshit. You can't miss a meeting we all make over 200k with benefits. I would go or pay the consequences.

Is it me, or does Novartis not care about employees' work/life balance? We all make sacrifices for our jobs. Some bigger than others, and it's just accepted as part of our responsibility for providing for our families.... however, some sacrifices can easily be avoided if Novartis even appreciated its employees. The August meeting our VP just announced happens to land during the week when about 85% of US's kids will have their first day of school. It's generally known that school starts sometime in mid to late August in this country, right? Yet Novartis is making many of us miss our kids' first day of preschool, or kindergarten....or the milestone where our kids nervously have their first day of high school. Possibly even missing the day you get to drive your kids down to college for that new chapter in their life. All moments that we cannot get back. Things that happen ONCE. But the brilliant AA decides that August 15th is when all of us should fly across the country for a meeting that could easily be held the first week in August, or the second week in September, or ANY OTHER WEEK that is NOT when all our kids have an important milestone that will not happen again. Moments like this are bigger than birthdays, anniversaries, etc. but Novartis is too hateful of its employees to care. We are working so hard to get Entresto off the ground, and we are rewarded with this

There are so many reps in the same geography now, that Novartis could send half to a meeting and let the other half stay back and work the territory. We literally have 5 reps covering some of our accounts. way too much

Who see's 10-14 doctors a day that is pure bullshit. You can't miss a meeting we all make over 200k with benefits. I would go or pay the consequences.
You see them as you drive by & wave & hey assholes ZERO consequences to missing a meeting let me repeat ZERO! Know plenty of reps that were unavailable for these useless dog & pony shows. Only consequences is to managments bruised ego since they know a few reps are smart enough not to buy into the fear they peddle. Only weak minded fall for these hollow threats:cool:

Agreed!! People don't get it.
Driving my daughter to college to move in to dorms for her freshman year....Not missing that
I would put it in as a vacation and just tell them this was planned before the announcement. Clearly this was planned well before they made the announcement on Monday so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't drive her to college. If they give you a hard time then these are people you don't want to work for anyway.

I would put it in as a vacation and just tell them this was planned before the announcement. Clearly this was planned well before they made the announcement on Monday so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't drive her to college. If they give you a hard time then these are people you don't want to work for anyway.
Don't listen to this asshole. If you try for a vaca over attending a meeting your manager +HR will tag you & look to forever ding you. Day of the flight , cough cough , doctor I'm sick & then VM your mgr & say God I am so crushed I can't make it , I really really really wanted to hear the bullshit & role play & rah rah rah. If my doctor wasn't insisting I would have boarded that plane half dead (Then make sure you record your message) ;- )

Yeah, sure....that will work. And after they realize that your were previously denied the time off and then your company car is seen going across the country to the place your kid goes to school, they can toss you for being a liar as well. Just take your kid to school, tell them it was planned way in advance and you have no other choice. DOCUMENT all that transpires. Worst case you get cut in the next round, get 6 mos severance and find another job so you can double dip and help pay some of that tuition. Oh wait, did I say worst case?

Yeah, sure....that will work. And after they realize that your were previously denied the time off and then your company car is seen going across the country to the place your kid goes to school, they can toss you for being a liar as well. Just take your kid to school, tell them it was planned way in advance and you have no other choice. DOCUMENT all that transpires. Worst case you get cut in the next round, get 6 mos severance and find another job so you can double dip and help pay some of that tuition. Oh wait, did I say worst case?
Hey moron who said anyone previously requested time off & who said you have to use the company car? Again ....Don't listen to this asshole, plan to attend the meeting & hey if you get sick (or a family member) the night before or day of There's 2 things they can do 1) Jack 2) Shit
You know how many times people have emergencies come up in life, accidents etc , including these moron managers & have to beg off a useless meeting. Within 2 weeks no one will remember the waste of time meeting or who attended. Don't let these spineless HR/MGMT paper bullies intimidate you ;)