50 laid off in Delaware today. What's going on?

<

The entire injectable team and all ESS reps in the whole state!!! A total fucking bloodbath. Only ones still here are Oral reps and they are nervous as hell. I'm getting my resume together tonight.

I heard they were going through the states alphabetically... is this true? Any word from Alabama, Arkansas or Alaska? Colorado or Connecticut anyone??? Seriously, I'm in Florida and shitting a brick right now.

I heard they were going through the states alphabetically... is this true? Any word from Alabama, Arkansas or Alaska? Colorado or Connecticut anyone??? Seriously, I'm in Florida and shitting a brick right now.

I am referring to the layoffs and forced retirements in HQ. The cuts in the sales force, as far as I know, are scheduled for early next year.

Nothing funny about this topic you fucking cretins. People were notified today in lots of areas. There is no such thing as dead wood or culling the herd. We removed 40% of US Commercial just in Feb 2012 and before that 28% in 2009. So now we are squeezing to the point when someone will turn to pass down the work and no one will be there to do it. Maybe some of the 21 EBDs in sales or the 16 in MAPS or the hundreds of Sr. Directors in brand, MAPS and Sr CBDs will have to do the actual work themselves. That day is here.

Nothing funny about this topic you fucking cretins. People were notified today in lots of areas. There is no such thing as dead wood or culling the herd. We removed 40% of US Commercial just in Feb 2012 and before that 28% in 2009. So now we are squeezing to the point when someone will turn to pass down the work and no one will be there to do it. Maybe some of the 21 EBDs in sales or the 16 in MAPS or the hundreds of Sr. Directors in brand, MAPS and Sr CBDs will have to do the actual work themselves. That day is here.[/QUOTE

Several of the EBDs, CBDs, you mention are also on the cutting board. They are seen as blocking positions for younger managers with possible potential of rising above the Director level. Some will take early retirement, some will take a package and some will be demoted into non leadership roles most likely RADs which seems to be the final resting place of many stalled or failed careers.

Nothing funny about this topic you fucking cretins. People were notified today in lots of areas. There is no such thing as dead wood or culling the herd. We removed 40% of US Commercial just in Feb 2012 and before that 28% in 2009. So now we are squeezing to the point when someone will turn to pass down the work and no one will be there to do it. Maybe some of the 21 EBDs in sales or the 16 in MAPS or the hundreds of Sr. Directors in brand, MAPS and Sr CBDs will have to do the actual work themselves. That day is here.

Nah, it was pretty funny. Lighten up Francis.

Forget about a lack of awareness around appropriate business attire. What about just getting people to give a fair day's work for a fair day's pay? Sound familiar? Throughout Sales and Training it is commonplace for "Rotationals" to travel on Monday and Friday, in affect a three day work week. Try to get something done on a Friday in Wilmington... Good Luck! From the Executive Directors on down, it is a very common practice to "Work From Home" on this day. We are paying six figure salaries to individuals that are "part time".

Forget about a lack of awareness around appropriate business attire. What about just getting people to give a fair day's work for a fair day's pay? Sound familiar? Throughout Sales and Training it is commonplace for "Rotationals" to travel on Monday and Friday, in affect a three day work week. Try to get something done on a Friday in Wilmington... Good Luck! From the Executive Directors on down, it is a very common practice to "Work From Home" on this day. We are paying six figure salaries to individuals that are "part time".

You are kidding right? Most of us in field sales are making 6 figure salaries working part time. Not going to throw stones from my glass house.

Well rumor is that several of the more tenured will soon not be working at all or going to that great grave yard called managed care to finish out their final years in total obscurity.

Those forced out of their Director positions will be told that we need to free up these positions as developmental opportunities for other employees. But a lot of those forced out will be highly tenured, high salary who are seen as dead wood and have outlived their usefulness.

50 people let go is not good, but when we need to let go thousands, it's only a drop in the bucket. Not exactly a major layoff, but not good for those gone

This is just the beginning. If you want to know what AZ will do then just look at the other Pharma companies and what they did in the last two years. AZ always follows Pfizer, Merck and GSK. They are cutting support positions in Wilmington first and then they will begin with Directors, Managers, and eventually sales. Haven't you been paying attention? If this comes as a surprise to anyone then you are not willing to face reality.

Hello...McFly Crestor going generic...symbicort got 2 years cut off patent. Novo Nordisk new once a week GLP-1, works twice as good as ours....a lot of stupid reps running around faking calls. Bye Bye...