• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

$2400 Nationwide Rep Paycut in Dec

Anonymous

Bye bye phones.

Bye bye internet.

We have iPads. We are so effective now, Novartis doesn't need to provide a cell phone or internet. But, they'll give us $75 a month for a cell and internet. Let's break that down (averages):

New personal cell: $200
New cell phone bill: $120 x 12 months
Internet: $60 x 12 months
Novartis contribution: $75 x 12 months
Total new personal expense for reps: $1460
Total Novartis rep pre-tax income needed to cover new expense at 40% tax rate: $2400

Merry Christmas, dedicated Novartians. Enjoy the pay cut, and buy Basel 4 flat screens tvs for their meetings.

<

Bye bye phones.

Bye bye internet.

We have iPads. We are so effective now, Novartis doesn't need to provide a cell phone or internet. But, they'll give us $75 a month for a cell and internet. Let's break that down (averages):

Total Novartis rep pre-tax income needed to cover new expense at 40% tax rate: $2400

Merry Christmas, dedicated Novartians. Enjoy the pay cut, and buy Basel 4 flat screens tvs for their meetings.

First your figures are off.

Next, Why do you need home Internet? Your iPad plan covers what you need for work

Cell Phone: free with contract. $55 a month with unltd min, Internet, text

You're a whiner. Leave.

First your figures are off.

Next, Why do you need home Internet? Your iPad plan covers what you need for work

Cell Phone: free with contract. $55 a month with unltd min, Internet, text

You're a whiner. Leave.

I wouldn't "whine" but I just want to know why we were paid $80/ month before we had company assigned Blackberry devices for our own plans.

The unlimited plan that you speak of is probably with some mediocre, no signal-havin' service.

When we use our phones to confirm lunches and talk to team members that have different carriers, you will see how many minutes do get eaten up. I would highly recommend everyone ups their minutes to unlimited...If your phone company offers and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. It adds up. So for the record, we are losing $5/ month. I am ok with it... Oh, and I won't be in the field if we are ever required to be on teleconferences, webcasts or training. That would eat into my monthly minutes too.

I figure I will just turn off my iPad wireless capability before I arrive at home, as they are technically not paying for it effective lap-top return. This will run the 3G bill to what they would legitimately have to pay if we didn't have wireless at home...

What's fair is fair...

what i don't get is why are kams getting 125 a month and reps getting 75? it should be a flat rate for everybody. reps are the ones in the field the most who actually need the phones. kams and managers spend much time in their offices and have those lines reimbursed. this sends a clear message to the reps where they are in the pecking order. this company talks a good game the this 'new culture' but it is exactly the same as it has always been.

what i don't get is why are kams getting 125 a month and reps getting 75? it should be a flat rate for everybody. reps are the ones in the field the most who actually need the phones. kams and managers spend much time in their offices and have those lines reimbursed. this sends a clear message to the reps where they are in the pecking order. this company talks a good game the this 'new culture' but it is exactly the same as it has always been.

When are you people going to learn that is doesn't matter what it is "Management always looks out after Management".

Bottom line is this. I have a personal cell phone and have had one for 20 years. I've never used the company cell phone. Literally never Nothing has changed there. Everyone in my district uses their personal phones. No one has to go out and buy a phone and plan

My Internet at home is 47.99 a month. Therefore I'm $27 a month ahead. And no, there's no difference in the amount of minutes I'll use. I have AT&T 1400 a month with rollover for my whole family and I have never gone over.

Guess for me this whole thing is fair. I would imagine for just about everyone it's fair except for the whiners.

Bye bye phones.

Bye bye internet.

What a CRYBABY!!!!!! Stop it you selfish looser. You're way over paid for the crappy job you do. Quit and see how easy it is out in the real world.

PS - Novartis is a sewer anyway!

If you paid for a personal phone that was your choice......agree in full on the post that a manger or a KAM uses their phone/internet no more than a rep. It should had been the same per diem for everyone! Where I live my home internet is $40 a month and I will not be able to get a phone and plan for $35. I'm okay with it, except the fact that only the reps will be coming out of pocket! Bottom line the ENTIRE field force should have the SAME per diem.

If you paid for a personal phone that was your choice......agree in full on the post that a manger or a KAM uses their phone/internet no more than a rep. It should had been the same per diem for everyone! Where I live my home internet is $40 a month and I will not be able to get a phone and plan for $35. I'm okay with it, except the fact that only the reps will be coming out of pocket! Bottom line the ENTIRE field force should have the SAME per diem.

Blah Blah Blah. Stop your whining. You've all been freeloading off the company for years. They should pay you $0 for internet as you are supposed to be out selling and not at home surfing and posting to Cafepharma. FYI - the folks that approved the amounts all felt that it was extremely generous. You should be happy you get that and not the $25 initially proposed.

Blah Blah Blah. Stop your whining. You've all been freeloading off the company for years. They should pay you $0 for internet as you are supposed to be out selling and not at home surfing and posting to Cafepharma. FYI - the folks that approved the amounts all felt that it was extremely generous. You should be happy you get that and not the $25 initially proposed.

You corporate people from the inside are hilarious. So bitter that the sales force makes money. But remember, we are the ones that bring in the $$$ to pay your lazy butt. And as far as our reimbursements go, stop being such a hater. A paycut is a paycut. Kinda like if they started charging you daily to park your Kia at home office! LOL!!

will be a pay raise for me. i never even opened the blackberry they sent me. no way i was going to use a company owned device without knowing how much of the information they have access to. i've been using my personal phone the entire time. my internet is only $40, so I am going to get more money....nice!

I was one of the 2000 unfortunate reps to be cut his past year. If anyone wants to complain about the company cutting expenses, then step down and I will be glad to take your jobs. I lost more than $2400 a year by starting over with a new company. And yes, I would be glad to come back to Novartis.

I was one of the 2000 unfortunate reps to be cut his past year. If anyone wants to complain about the company cutting expenses, then step down and I will be glad to take your jobs. I lost more than $2400 a year by starting over with a new company. And yes, I would be glad to come back to Novartis.

I would have been glad to take the package offered last year. They didn't offer it to me so I stay here and hopefully they have more cuts in 2013. You should have been prepared for the layoff and if you weren't don't complain.

I would have been glad to take the package offered last year. They didn't offer it to me so I stay here and hopefully they have more cuts in 2013. You should have been prepared for the layoff and if you weren't don't complain.

I was well prepared, but my point is that you loose alot when you switch companies. Even if you are prepared. I would like to have my 13 years back toward my retirement.

I also was let go--had a job before the final severence, took my severence money, and am living well. Of course, I did not accrue debt, have always lived in my means, and will always be prepared. I have not mourned the past for one second

I also was let go--had a job before the final severence, took my severence money, and am living well. Of course, I did not accrue debt, have always lived in my means, and will always be prepared. I have not mourned the past for one second

Brilliant point, douche. What does that have to do with this post? Just sayin'.

Oh, but I guess your Suze Orman crap-lifestyle just had to say hello to everyone.