• Fri news: Iterum’s UTI drug. Edwards layoffs. Zenas BioPharma IPO. GSK’s Nucala hits COPD target. Pharma layoff stories. See more on our front page

Telematics

This is just hilarious. Typical car salesman arrogance. Yeah I'm sure you have a high level of finance and accounting acumen. You've been to TO a few times and you think you know how the corporate office works. Just lol. I'm fairly certain you couldn't do a single analysis I do, even the easy ones, and I bet I know about the science of almost any product we have. There's a reason top execs aren't groomed from sales people. You don't understand the business at all. You live in a small bubble.

Whoever made the dumb level 4 sales comment comparing it to level 6. It's a completely different comp structure. And you'll max out much faster than someone in corporate in their career trajectory if you stay in sales unless you run an entire region.
How do you know how much finance acumen this person has? You, assume, that because they're in sales that there is no way they could do an analysis or understand finance and accounting. Grow up. You are coming off as a petulant child. There are military officers and business people, along with graduates from the: Military Academies, Stanford, Ivy League, UC System, NYU, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, San Diego, Pepperdine, Tulane, Howard, Texas A&M, Rice, SMU, Notre Dame, and many other schools in the Association of American Universities (if you're unfamiliar with this association, look it up) that work within the sales team, but there is no way that sales could "understand the business, at all". Did you, ever, stop to think that there are many people that would rather not move, live within, or pay the high cost of living and taxes associated with California? You're absurd and obtuse while living in your bubble.

I get it, you do not like the sales team. My assumption is that you believe that we are neanderthals, and incapable of thinking on our own. That seems to be the mindset of the home office. Many organizations that are sales organizations "groom" members of their sales teams to be top executives. Amgen, which purports to be a sales organization, does not think highly of the sales force. Therefore, the sales teams is not developed to move into executive leadership. I am painting this with a broad-brush, but I'm certain of this, based upon what I have seen. It's life at this organization, so, no worries. But, how long will the corporate back-patting continue while the bad decisions originate from our "all-knowing" corporate headquarters.

PS: If you ever want to talk GAAP, valuation, EV, EBITDA, ROCE, acid-test ratio, NPV, IRR, WACC, Fixed Asset Ratio, Solvency Ratios, and/or whatever, let me know, I'd run circles around you!

How do you know how much finance acumen this person has? You, assume, that because they're in sales that there is no way they could do an analysis or understand finance and accounting. Grow up. You are coming off as a petulant child. There are military officers and business people, along with graduates from the: Military Academies, Stanford, Ivy League, UC System, NYU, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, San Diego, Pepperdine, Tulane, Howard, Texas A&M, Rice, SMU, Notre Dame, and many other schools in the Association of American Universities (if you're unfamiliar with this association, look it up) that work within the sales team, but there is no way that sales could "understand the business, at all". Did you, ever, stop to think that there are many people that would rather not move, live within, or pay the high cost of living and taxes associated with California? You're absurd and obtuse while living in your bubble.

I get it, you do not like the sales team. My assumption is that you believe that we are neanderthals, and incapable of thinking on our own. That seems to be the mindset of the home office. Many organizations that are sales organizations "groom" members of their sales teams to be top executives. Amgen, which purports to be a sales organization, does not think highly of the sales force. Therefore, the sales teams is not developed to move into executive leadership. I am painting this with a broad-brush, but I'm certain of this, based upon what I have seen. It's life at this organization, so, no worries. But, how long will the corporate back-patting continue while the bad decisions originate from our "all-knowing" corporate headquarters.

PS: If you ever want to talk GAAP, valuation, EV, EBITDA, ROCE, acid-test ratio, NPV, IRR, WACC, Fixed Asset Ratio, Solvency Ratios, and/or whatever, let me know, I'd run circles around you!

Way to name drop a bunch of basic terms from any intro finance and accounting class that you may or may not have even taken and done well in. Are you a CPA? Are you a CFA charterholder? Do you have an MBA with a focus in finance and accounting from a TOP school? Have you worked in any finance and/or accounting functions? Do you check any of those boxes?

If you don't check at least two of those. Shut up. If you do, then you are an exception to the rule. 95% or people at Amgen don't check two of those boxes. Not just sales. Why do you think so few people are advising exec management

And for those of you who think our exec management is making bad decisions...why then are we returning so much profitability to shareholders? Why does everyone on Wall Street rank us so highly? Why has our stock performed so well? Why have we built up so much cash and had such strong cash flow? Your opinions of our management are based on nothing. I'm willing to bet you all also think trump is a terrible president despite having data and facts that show he's not. The data says our management is doing a fantastic job. Your emotions and subjective opinion can say whatever uninformed bullshit opinion u want. It's based on having limited information. The fact that you're in sales truly means you don't know about our corporate strategy, what our executives are thinking, etc. You are in fact separated. I regularly have line of sight into senior management. Not telling you what I do or how but it's quite a lot of exposure.

And I'm laughing at those of you who think thousand oaks is expensive. Try San Francisco or new York city. How cheap or poor are you? It's not expensive here unless you're comparing it to Kansas or something else in the middle of the country. Have fun living there I guess. Don't like Amgen leave. Stop whining. This entire board is sales people bitching. Go sell shit.

And yes I know for a fact most people in sales cannot do my job.

Your ridiculous list of randomly mixed finance and accounting terms makes no sense btw. I've never ever seen or used "ROCE" either. Did you Google that? I've been doing this for ten years. Lol. And why would you list GAAP. It's just a set of accounting standards that I guarantee you don't know off hand unless you're a CPA or a director in corporate accounting, which you aren't because I know all of corporate accounting. And I am positive you can't talk to me about Amgens non-GAAP accounting. You're so full of shit it's ridiculous

And yes I know for a fact most people in sales cannot do my job.

Your ridiculous list of randomly mixed finance and accounting terms makes no sense btw. I've never ever seen or used "ROCE" either. Did you Google that? I've been doing this for ten years. Lol. And why would you list GAAP. It's just a set of accounting standards that I guarantee you don't know off hand unless you're a CPA or a director in corporate accounting, which you aren't because I know all of corporate accounting. And I am positive you can't talk to me about Amgens non-GAAP accounting. You're so full of shit it's ridiculous
It's called attending and graduating from a CFA affiliated university degree program, taking Level 1of the exam, and using it. That's how you learn and understand ROCE. Not used often, but still a financial ratio that is used. I do not need Google. If you prefer that I group ratios, I can do that to. As you were previously told, I'll bust your ass in a Finance competition.

GFY. As, somehow, you have become the expert on where people can afford to live. You're a keyboard mafia member. You're, cowardly, ass would not have the guts to run your mouth like this in person.

I think you've both proven a great point. Whether you're at the home office in TO or pounding the pavement in the field.... you've both got WAY too much time on your hands and you both think WAY too highly of your capabilities and responsibilities. Congrats!

Entertaining posts though so there's that.

I think you've both proven a great point. Whether you're at the home office in TO or pounding the pavement in the field.... you've both got WAY too much time on your hands and you both think WAY too highly of your capabilities and responsibilities. Congrats!

Fuck you too

It's called attending and graduating from a CFA affiliated university degree program, taking Level 1of the exam, and using it. That's how you learn and understand ROCE. Not used often, but still a financial ratio that is used. I do not need Google. If you prefer that I group ratios, I can do that to. As you were previously told, I'll bust your ass in a Finance competition.

GFY. As, somehow, you have become the expert on where people can afford to live. You're a keyboard mafia member. You're, cowardly, ass would not have the guts to run your mouth like this in person.

What the heck is a CFA affiliated university degree program??? Using it for what? Did you even pass the exam? You're such a fool. Stay in sales. You're a fraud. Unless you have actually worked in finance shut up

Interesting how that's possible yet I worked in the office ten hours Sunday and ten hours today. I spend maybe ten minutes on this forum per day. Pretty sure I can fit that in and also work harder than you. In the middle of trying to close a deal.

If you work weekends, you are to stupid for the job.

Interesting Because there were 14 other people in the office on Sunday. 3 executive directors, one associate general counsel, one senior counsel, two senior managers, 2 directors, and FIVE VPs. I guess the whole group is too stupid for their jobs. I'm willing to bet out of the group most have far better credentials than you. But you must be the only smart person at Amgen. Why doesn't everyone see how brilliant you are and promote you to an SVP or EVP by now?!? Maybe because you're full of shit and don't understand the business at all.

Interesting Because there were 14 other people in the office on Sunday. 3 executive directors, one associate general counsel, one senior counsel, two senior managers, 2 directors, and FIVE VPs. I guess the whole group is too stupid for their jobs. I'm willing to bet out of the group most have far better credentials than you. But you must be the only smart person at Amgen. Why doesn't everyone see how brilliant you are and promote you to an SVP or EVP by now?!? Maybe because you're full of shit and don't understand the business at all.
Look that's great if you're happy. You sound very successful and that's great especially if you like what you're doing. Some people are happy working on weekends, some people would rather do other things. Just because someone would rather be with family and friends and doing something fun doesn't make them any less smarter or necessarily less successful than you. Relax.... I'm sure you have a great career and are a great value to Amgen so you don't have to keep emphasizing that fact on cafe pharma.

Yep, they were up there surfing Amazon , away from the kids and spouse!!

So there’s 14 corporate drones who are all ass kissers, dumb enough to work on the weekend.
They’re slaves on the plantation.

Or we're the ones getting a deal done to bring in shit to this company and there's a reason these people are VPs and you aren't. There's a reason they are reporting to the SLT and / or Bob and you aren't. If you aren't as motivated and don't want to advance your career or don't care about advancing Amgens success, fine, be mediocre or leave. Whatever makes you sleep at night. But we're far from corporate drones. We love what we do. Don't rationalize you lack of success and your mediocrity by putting others down. Only losers do that. We work hard because we want to see Amgen succeed and want to grow in our careers. Clearly you don't. You have different priorities. Don't judge ours or infer you know what ours are. Because you have absolutely no clue. You've never been where we are.

Ummm no we were working. And I never said we work every weekend. It's not often. I enjoy my weekends and free time. My point is saying I'm dumb for working on your weekends or putting me down is offensive and means you have no clue what a hard job might entail. Sometimes you have to work on the weekend. There's just no way around it. Sorry if that's not the life in sales. Sales is a different job. You'll never make the same money and you don't have the same education for the most part. Like it or not. I'm done here. This is a joke. Too many sales people with a chip on their shoulders. Most of you report to my former boss anyway. Not responding to this garbage anymore.

that’s probably what someone in sales would do. When you actually have work to do (I know it’s a foreign concept to you), then the entire group works on the massive document together. If you were surfing amazon you’d certainly get called out because everyone was contributing. Again, clearly you’ve never been to a working season where people were highly engaged.