• Fri news: Iterum’s UTI drug. Edwards layoffs. Zenas BioPharma IPO. GSK’s Nucala hits COPD target. Pharma layoff stories. See more on our front page

Q3 Bonus Reduction

It was a lose lose decision, so I decided to go against the sales force. You know the only individuals that actually generate any revenue around here. Good news on the horizon, in January we will be hiring more takers I mean employees at home office. I Pray I never have to do this again, no promises it won't happen again in Q4.

As a rep I'm never going into battle to the beat of your drum again!

It was a lose lose decision, so I decided to go against the sales force. You know the only individuals that actually generate any revenue around here. Good news on the horizon, in January we will be hiring more takers I mean employees at home office. I Pray I never have to do this again, no promises it won't happen again in Q4.

As a rep I'm never going into battle to the beat of your drum again!

You must be the rep that decided to not mute their phone and share their feelings about our "God damn" conference call

Stay classy

No that wasn't me. Can you refute anything from my assessment of the cc??? I didn't think so.

I will refute your comments. I thought the guy showed class today and took responsibility for the situation. He sounds torn apart by the reaction of the sales team and admitted that this was caused by his decision. He was trying to calm the group. You are trying to cause more pain. One man got on a conference call and showed regret and leadership. Another person is trying to incite a mob. You are entitled to whatever reaction feels right. But why do you need to get on a public forum and tear down a good man and discourage other people who are tying to get over a tough situation? There is a special place in hell for disgusting human beings like you.

I will refute your comments. I thought the guy showed class today and took responsibility for the situation. He sounds torn apart by the reaction of the sales team and admitted that this was caused by his decision. He was trying to calm the group. You are trying to cause more pain. One man got on a conference call and showed regret and leadership. Another person is trying to incite a mob. You are entitled to whatever reaction feels right. But why do you need to get on a public forum and tear down a good man and discourage other people who are tying to get over a tough situation? There is a special place in hell for disgusting human beings like you.

I'm with you.... It's time to move on ... If you can't then leave but don't bring the entire sales force down with you... They made a mistake... Other companies make mistakes...it happens.... This company is a growing organization with ever changing components... If you can't handle the constant change then I would highly suggest leaving

Still waiting for you to refute my assessment: did he guarantee it wouldn't happen again, did he not say he sided against the sales force, did he not say home office was expanding in January? I agree with you that he was sincere in his apology. I believe he is the fall guy and I do accept his apology. However, he did not provide a solution to the problem at all. All I heard was we are looking into things which really means this may happen again.
I'm not trying to incite a riot you all are doing a fine enough job as of late to do that. Just answer this question: Is this going to happen again in Q4?? Yes or No

You must be the rep that decided to not mute their phone and share their feelings about our "God damn" conference call

Stay classy

That actually sounded like an RD to me. Saying he needed to have another call with his team about the same GD thing.

Now THAT is sad. To hear how disillusioned even the RDs are. And he was obviously with a rep at the time.

Sheesh. Wouldn’t want to be him 10 minutes after that call.

Still waiting for you to refute my assessment: did he guarantee it wouldn't happen again, did he not say he sided against the sales force, did he not say home office was expanding in January? I agree with you that he was sincere in his apology. I believe he is the fall guy and I do accept his apology. However, he did not provide a solution to the problem at all. All I heard was we are looking into things which really means this may happen again.
I'm not trying to incite a riot you all are doing a fine enough job as of late to do that. Just answer this question: Is this going to happen again in Q4?? Yes or No

If you accept his apology then why are you shouting that you’ll never march to the beat of his drum ever again? Yes he made the decision to go with the sales force being disappointed but would you not have done the same if it meant the alternative was putting the company at risk? You can’t say this is your company and then not support a very financially responsible decision. Albeit unpopular it was surely the right one. That is a mark of a true leader so if anything he has given you more reason to march to his beat. Also how the heck can he guarantee that something like this will never happen again? You can’t guarantee you grow every quarter but hey we have paid bonus for being flat before, right? No one seemed to mind that. Nothing in life is guaranteed but he did say he would do his best which he and the company has always done its best to protect the interests of the SF. No it should not happen again in Q4. It’s very unlikely because the bonus plan is now aligned with what the market has done, like he said on the call. Come on, we got work to do.

Think a little differently..

Maybe they NEED the money because they are about to make a purchase of something BIG...........hmmm

There’s other companies out there that have established products that don’t fit in their “global” direction....

I agree. It is time to start moving on. You could tell how ripped up Taylor was about it. They have done about as much as they can to mitigate this after the fact. I know it sucks, and this is inarguably a very tough pill to swallow, but I believe they have the best interests of the company at heart. It may be a few thousand dollars now, but if the stock plummeted because they overpaid bonus, it would cost a lot of us a lot more than a couple thousand dollars. So think long term, folks.

If you accept his apology then why are you shouting that you’ll never march to the beat of his drum ever again? Yes he made the decision to go with the sales force being disappointed but would you not have done the same if it meant the alternative was putting the company at risk? You can’t say this is your company and then not support a very financially responsible decision. Albeit unpopular it was surely the right one. That is a mark of a true leader so if anything he has given you more reason to march to his beat. Also how the heck can he guarantee that something like this will never happen again? You can’t guarantee you grow every quarter but hey we have paid bonus for being flat before, right? No one seemed to mind that. Nothing in life is guaranteed but he did say he would do his best which he and the company has always done its best to protect the interests of the SF. No it should not happen again in Q4. It’s very unlikely because the bonus plan is now aligned with what the market has done, like he said on the call. Come on, we got work to do.

So I can't accept his apology and choose not to trust him? Of course I can. I can't think of anything worse to do to your revenue generators than what was done. The company must have been close to shutting the doors to make this decision. Please tell me how healthy the company is and how they chose to steal from me again.

Maybe they NEED the money because they are about to make a purchase of something BIG...........hmmm

There’s other companies out there that have established products that don’t fit in their “global” direction....

If we can't talk down a company $400k to acquire them, we really need help.

I agree. It is time to start moving on. You could tell how ripped up Taylor was about it. They have done about as much as they can to mitigate this after the fact. I know it sucks, and this is inarguably a very tough pill to swallow, but I believe they have the best interests of the company at heart. It may be a few thousand dollars now, but if the stock plummeted because they overpaid bonus, it would cost a lot of us a lot more than a couple thousand dollars. So think long term, folks.

We were not awarded a massive amount of options like you RD.

Okay. I’m all for thinking long term and bigger picture, but you’re actually just an idiot.

If you think $440k from sales ops is the difference between them buying a product or not when we specifically have $1B in the bank for that express purpose......you’re just plain stupid.

So I can't accept his apology and choose not to trust him? Of course I can. I can't think of anything worse to do to your revenue generators than what was done. The company must have been close to shutting the doors to make this decision. Please tell me how healthy the company is and how they chose to steal from me again.

If after talking with your RD, your ZD, and your VP and you’re still thinking this was a decision made without very serious consideration back and forth to at the end of the day protect what all of us have worked so hard for then there ain’t much left to tell you. Im sorry. You or the sales force will never be more important than “the company”. All I mean to say is without the company we have no jobs! Taylor’s job is to direct the company and by doing so, giving you a great job. You heard the guy, our bonus payout was over the budget every quarter this year! He’s a strong and responsible captain. And Forbes just told you in 2019 how healthy the company is.

If after talking with your RD, your ZD, and your VP and you’re still thinking this was a decision made without very serious consideration back and forth to at the end of the day protect what all of us have worked so hard for then there ain’t much left to tell you. Im sorry. You or the sales force will never be more important than “the company”. All I mean to say is without the company we have no jobs! Taylor’s job is to direct the company and by doing so, giving you a great job. You heard the guy, our bonus payout was over the budget every quarter this year! He’s a strong and responsible captain. And Forbes just told you in 2019 how healthy the company is.

Then show to me how healthy the company is by paying my bonus in full. If the company can be put in jeopardy over $400k its not a healthy company.

That market share crap is flawed. The whole sales team is talking to each other about it. If I have a target for only 1 quarter and he writes in the next quarter due to my efforts I do not get compensated. If I have a non-target attending lunch of a target, hearing my message, and he writes, I do not get compensated. The most obvious is the whims of the “basket” being able to throw out an accurate measure of reps work. Flawed by design to limit our payouts, but bit them in the butt big time. So what do they do? Take from us anyway. You’re telling me they couldn’t have figured this one out? Healthy company, my ass. Good leadership, I don’t think so.

Borrowing this from others, but if the shoe fits...Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining. THIEVES AND LIARS

TR was ripped up cause he fucked up.

TR was ripped up cause he fucked up.
Over budget every quarter? Who was in charge of those projections? Not TR, keep looking. Hold tight, we have a good captain and this stormy fiscal year is almost over, we will reset. For those who don’t want to stay, please go. There’s a solid base of us that want to be part of Supernus climbing back up where it belong$. Grow up and shut up

I like TR as much as the next guy. He seems like a nice enough dude. And he may not be to blame. I personally don’t care who’s to blame, I just want the money that I agreed to. On that alone, I’m looking for another job. Don’t worry, I’ll pull my weight until I leave, because I’m a stand up guy. But I’m not convinced that there is a solid plan or leadership in place. I know I can do better and I appreciate the time I’ve spent at Supernus. I’ve made some good friends. So go ahead and get all emotional about this but it’s really simple. The company did not deliver on promised money. I will take my talent elsewhere.