• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Linzess vs Trulance

There is a new drug called Trulance that is much easier on the body. it can be taken with or without food .It has only 4% diarrhea rate compared to Linzess 16%

False stat, it's much higher -- around 100% diarrhea. Especially for the saps who get to sell it.

Legitimate question - why is the diarrhea rate higher in the 72 than the 145? I know that in the PI the 145 is listed at 16% but then in the trials conducted for the 72, the 72 had 19% and the 145 had 22%. I asked this question a million times and nobody at the company can provide a straight answer as to how to explain this to physicians. Is the diarrhea rate not dose dependent?

Legitimate question - why is the diarrhea rate higher in the 72 than the 145? I know that in the PI the 145 is listed at 16% but then in the trials conducted for the 72, the 72 had 19% and the 145 had 22%. I asked this question a million times and nobody at the company can provide a straight answer as to how to explain this to physicians. Is the diarrhea rate not dose dependent?
Different trial, different patients, different results. It's that simple. This is clinical trials 101.