• Fri news: Iterum’s UTI drug. Edwards layoffs. Zenas BioPharma IPO. GSK’s Nucala hits COPD target. Pharma layoff stories. See more on our front page

It’s started...

I have done both jobs. Both jobs are frustrating. HSBS is much harder. You have the whole portfolio, and you need to have a much broader level of knowledge of health care and the acumen to pull it all together and make it count. TBS is a lot less stress. This is the truth!

Having done both as well, I’ll say both are great jobs or both suck equally... it just depends on who your manager is at the time.

The lack of self awareness that BI reps continue to exhibit as they try to inflate and justify their silly existence today is stunning. Shake yourself! You’re really not that important. The high flying pharma sales gig of the 80s and 90s is in the rear view mirror and a distant memory , along with your ability to move the needle in any meaningful way with market share or sales, regardless of how much of a super star you may think you are. Beating your chest and continuing to trumpet your self importance doesn’t impress anyone and just devolves into a pathetic exercise in mental masturbation. You want to know your future? In this follow-the-leader, ridiculously incestuous industry ,the answer is staring you right in the face as Merck just kneecapped 50% of their primary sales force last week. That’s your future myopians!!

The lack of self awareness that BI reps continue to exhibit as they try to inflate and justify their silly existence today is stunning. Shake yourself! You’re really not that important. The high flying pharma sales gig of the 80s and 90s is in the rear view mirror and a distant memory , along with your ability to move the needle in any meaningful way with market share or sales, regardless of how much of a super star you may think you are. Beating your chest and continuing to trumpet your self importance doesn’t impress anyone and just devolves into a pathetic exercise in mental masturbation. You want to know your future? In this follow-the-leader, ridiculously incestuous industry ,the answer is staring you right in the face as Merck just kneecapped 50% of their primary sales force last week. That’s your future myopians!!
Oh how can we survive without your sage, astute wisdom? Buzz off..

All true!!!

All on point, although I might add that the mental masturbatory prowess of most managers is on a level that can’t be matched

OMG...I know who this is. Why do you still work in this industry??? If there is a reason for you, there is a reason for others.

I can dig it!

OMG...I know who this is. Why do you still work in this industry??? If there is a reason for you, there is a reason for others.
We all know who that tool shed is!
He probably had to wipe his phone off after replying
One more affirmation that this place is such a great cultural experience! I can’t wait to get my next ride along. Maybe we’ll stop in and eat at a Jack in the Box and discuss how I influence my market and collaborate with my HSBS