• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

You know your culture is broken when IC ranks fluctuate from top to bottom every quarter

anonymous

Used to be, we had a 1 year baseline in dermatology that took seasonality out since we had the whole year. Everyone could work the whole year and see the growth or decline in their rankings.

Now we have a system were we flip flop entirely the rankings each quarter.

Good reps have a hard time dealing with this. Quarter 1 I am ranked first. Quarter 2 I am ranked last. Quarter 3 I am ranked first. Quarter 4 I am ranking last. Lousy reps love this system because they get lost in the middle noise.

This is what happens when the people making the calls don't know how to build culture below them. They only know how to sell their personal story 3 levels up.

The proof is in the NBRX.

No amount of spin can cover it up.

<

Used to be, we had a 1 year baseline in dermatology that took seasonality out since we had the whole year. Everyone could work the whole year and see the growth or decline in their rankings.

Good reps have a hard time dealing with this. Quarter 1 I am ranked first. Quarter 2 I am ranked last. Quarter 3 I am ranked first. Quarter 4 I am ranking last. Lousy reps love this system because they get lost in the middle noise.

This is what happens when the people making the calls don't know how to build culture below them. They only know how to sell their personal story 3 levels up.

Nope…you aren’t owning your business. You need to be accountable! You are clearly doing something wrong, fixing it, then doing something wrong! Time for a PIP

The fix has already been prescribed. Follow directions simple minded, public school rep.

1-Serve Patients
2-Pre Call Plan
3-Employ High Impact Questions
4-Extend Dialogue
5-Close hard for next 5 starts
6-Post Call Analysis and re-devote yourself to serving patients

Only for ACTIII reps
7-Send success story via text, email and teams and copy many outside your BU
8-On any of 3 calls next week, weave your success into your answers to any question and close with serving patients

No one pays attention to the derm IC plan or the contests. They are complete mysteries and the open rates for IC are worse than they are for MMIT.

Just do my execution work and sometimes I get a decent bonus, sometimes I get a bad one. But even the people ranked high don't know it because no one believes the numbers.

Worst division by far when it comes to IC.

No one pays attention to the derm IC plan or the contests. They are complete mysteries and the open rates for IC are worse than they are for MMIT.

Just do my execution work and sometimes I get a decent bonus, sometimes I get a bad one. But even the people ranked high don't know it because no one believes the numbers.

Worst division by far when it comes to IC.
It’s not just derm. IC is terrible across the board.

It’s not just derm. IC is terrible across the board.
And to think of the things the new DD leadership team felt they had to fix was the IC. “It’s too confusing”.

Good call. Let’s switch a seasonal disease state to a quarterly IC system, take volume out, and have people with quadruple the volume competing for % growth. Oh. And while we are at it, let’s cut the contest program out that paid top reps 25-40,000 a year and give them bravo bucks.

Brilliant.

And to think of the things the new DD leadership team felt they had to fix was the IC. “It’s too confusing”.

Good call. Let’s switch a seasonal disease state to a quarterly IC system, take volume out, and have people with quadruple the volume competing for % growth. Oh. And while we are at it, let’s cut the contest program out that paid top reps 25-40,000 a year and give them bravo bucks.

Brilliant.
Just look at your W2 since April was assassinated.

I'm just a rep, but I made less in 2023 than I had made in a decade and so far in 2024, I'm tracking for less.

Our target bonus hasn't changed since Amgen bought us and my bonus goes down every year. My rank is about the same, a bit better even.

Bravo is not a replacement for cash.

This appears to be Amgen's way. Drive the hustlers off and build up a team of cheerleaders who don't question anything and think they are well paid.

Fake place.

Brilliant.
Pharmaceutical reps are great every job except their own.