• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

You are training your replacements - The RSS

Anonymous

If you have a rss in your district you are looking at your replacement come next year. How many reps do you know who just leave az for whatever reason unless they are fired? Hardly any. They are just waiting until the hammer drops. The rss in our district is a pathetic hire, no sales experience, no social skills, no life experiences, scared to engage or even talk to staff. Our rss is calling on 3 territories in our district but only paid on one. Does this make sense? The rss told us they were told this was the case so that they could move into these territories in case there was an opening. No one in our entire district is planning on leaving or quitting az so unless there is a layoff, I guess the rss will continue to call on docs he isn't paid to see for years, right. Also, our district has really good reps top to bottom so I can't see anyone getting fired and there not leaving either. Guys, I have never been one to believe any of the layoff crap that is posted here constantly, but this time it's for real especially with bennens recent comments. The bad thing is that they have the nerve to do it this way with the rss. Keep training your replacement! Don't help these rss reps out anymore than you have to!

You'll also be asked to train drs on how to use the epocrates application which will allow them to order samples, get patient ed, prod info and so on. Why wasn't the layoff info believed knowing what is going on with the pipeline and generic lipitor and seroquel coming out? Why did it take DB's comments to wake people up?

Our RSS, like the overlay reps, are nothing but a third wheel, and are totally unnecessary. I watched our RSS at a L&L last week interact with the staff and docs, and it was really sad and pathetic. All this idiot could do was sit there and text his buds about partying Friday night! He still has a frat mentality! This is what AZ has come down to.

If you have a rss in your district you are looking at your replacement come next year. How many reps do you know who just leave az for whatever reason unless they are fired? Hardly any. They are just waiting until the hammer drops. The rss in our district is a pathetic hire, no sales experience, no social skills, no life experiences, scared to engage or even talk to staff. Our rss is calling on 3 territories in our district but only paid on one. Does this make sense? The rss told us they were told this was the case so that they could move into these territories in case there was an opening. No one in our entire district is planning on leaving or quitting az so unless there is a layoff, I guess the rss will continue to call on docs he isn't paid to see for years, right. Also, our district has really good reps top to bottom so I can't see anyone getting fired and there not leaving either. Guys, I have never been one to believe any of the layoff crap that is posted here constantly, but this time it's for real especially with bennens recent comments. The bad thing is that they have the nerve to do it this way with the rss. Keep training your replacement! Don't help these rss reps out anymore than you have to!

Your long-winded, hysterical rants here on CP are really sad. Use another exclamation point you moronic pharma bimbo!

plain and simple the cost of labor.... really when was the last time you had a REAL conversation about selling here? 2006?

lets face is the RSS is a full wheel, they have them in each division for a reason.... they are coming to replace you, its only grown to double the size in the country and the language is changing where they can deploy anywhere in the region so don't hold your breath.... each training class will be pumping them out!

stand by for your 50k dollar replacements

RSS here -

Shut up all of you. I have no experience and I make $37,250. Yes I was told the RSS role will expand dramitically very soon with the pipeline drying up.

You "Old Timers" have made too much money for too long. Get over it.

RSS here -

Shut up all of you. I have no experience and I make $37,250. Yes I was told the RSS role will expand dramitically very soon with the pipeline drying up.

I make closer to $50,000 and was told during the interview process that we are the future of the sales organization

RSS here -

I wouldn't pay you $37.25 considering the manner in which you spell.

I make closer to $50,000 and was told during the interview process that we are the future of the sales organization

Same salary here too. It's very plain that the plan is to ditch the "regular" AZ reps, especially the very tenured ones due to their high salary. Our role is also expanding along with the CSA's. If I was a "regular" AZ rep, I think I just might be updating my resume.