• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Yet another conservative speaks up.........

I have a question for you and it’s a serious and legitimate question. You’re the one who called her “another conservative” when in fact I’m not aware of one legitimate conservative who’s come out against Trump and encouraged Biden. Regardless, You brand her a conservative, so please tell me who she supported in the Republican primary last cycle. I’ll submit to you that unless she supported Ted Cruz early and strongly that’s she’s no real conservative. I’d accept a couple of other names especially early in the process but in the meantime other than writing for Reagan years ago, what are her conservative bonafides? Just because her boss was a conservative icon doesn’t mean you are. Peggy swims in the very liberal water of the New York literary set. That hardly helps to keep one a true conservative if she ever was. This is more about Manhattan cocktail parties with her liberal buddies than Trump’s leadership or conservatives

I have a question for you and it’s a serious and legitimate question. You’re the one who called her “another conservative” when in fact I’m not aware of one legitimate conservative who’s come out against Trump and encouraged Biden. Regardless, You brand her a conservative, so please tell me who she supported in the Republican primary last cycle. I’ll submit to you that unless she supported Ted Cruz early and strongly that’s she’s no real conservative. I’d accept a couple of other names especially early in the process but in the meantime other than writing for Reagan years ago, what are her conservative bonafides? Just because her boss was a conservative icon doesn’t mean you are. Peggy swims in the very liberal water of the New York literary set. That hardly helps to keep one a true conservative if she ever was. This is more about Manhattan cocktail parties with her liberal buddies than Trump’s leadership or conservatives

My 2 cents:
1) What definition of 'true conservative' are you using? You do realize that Donald Trump was once a Democrat and then started his own political party before jumping onto the rudderless Republican party whose frontrunner was 'slow Jeb'.
2) I would consider John Bolton a 'true conservative'? He cut his teeth with Reagan. Other than the fact he doesn't think Trump is presidential material for reasons he elucidates very clearly, do you not see him as a true conservative?

My 2 cents:
1) What definition of 'true conservative' are you using? You do realize that Donald Trump was once a Democrat and then started his own political party before jumping onto the rudderless Republican party whose frontrunner was 'slow Jeb'.
2) I would consider John Bolton a 'true conservative'? He cut his teeth with Reagan. Other than the fact he doesn't think Trump is presidential material for reasons he elucidates very clearly, do you not see him as a true conservative?
You didn’t address anything I asked you about. Answer me and then I’ll answer you. I didn’t ask you for your two cents. Which isn’t even worth 2 cents. Try again.

George F Will, Bill Kristol, Charlie Sykes