• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Wow, what a great start to 2013

Anonymous

We are 2.5 weeks in to 2013 and Eisai has clinched this years award as worst company in oncology to work for. In the last 17 days they have accomplished:

1. Killed OS in Breast Cancer (301 Trial)

2. Killed Pipeline in Oncology (Ovarian Drug shit bed in 2 trials)

3. Lost 3 Oncology sales representatives.

4. OB tells West Region of Oncology that he will be working all weekend to evaluate the work load alignment for territories

5. Told DM's that they are not to back fill open territories in Oncology, but not to mention that to the sales force.

I for one can not wait until Ground Hog day. By then.....they will have burned down the home office building. You go OB.

Need more proof we suck as an Oncology company due to suck but leadership? Try this one on for size:

MC wants us to remember that we only need 3 more new MBC patients a week per territory over what you are currently providing to hit our goalin Q-4.

lets see Mark, 65 sales reps x 3 patients = 195 new patients/week

195 new patients per week x 13 weeks = 2535 new patients away from the goal.

MC, you remember the # that was put up in Orlando on new 3d line MBC patients per year?

What % increase in Market share do we need MC?

Lets put it another way: 2535 patients getting 3 vials per cycle for the average of 5 cycles would give Eisai 22,815 additional vials over what we are selling now. At $920/vial that would bring in $20,989,800 in additional revenue.

Anyone remember what our Regional goal is? that number is 50% of the regional goal. MC, you told us we are around 85-90% as a region....Did you pull the 3 additional new patients per territory out of your ass?

MC, go back to PC and let the ONC drive the PBR for EISAI

<

We are 2.5 weeks in to 2013 and Eisai has clinched this years award as worst company in oncology to work for. In the last 17 days they have accomplished:

1. Killed OS in Breast Cancer (301 Trial)

2. Killed Pipeline in Oncology (Ovarian Drug shit bed in 2 trials)

3. Lost 3 Oncology sales representatives.

4. OB tells West Region of Oncology that he will be working all weekend to evaluate the work load alignment for territories

5. Told DM's that they are not to back fill open territories in Oncology, but not to mention that to the sales force.

I for one can not wait until Ground Hog day. By then.....they will have burned down the home office building. You go OB.

Need more proof we suck as an Oncology company due to suck but leadership? Try this one on for size:

MC wants us to remember that we only need 3 more new MBC patients a week per territory over what you are currently providing to hit our goalin Q-4.

lets see Mark, 65 sales reps x 3 patients = 195 new patients/week

195 new patients per week x 13 weeks = 2535 new patients away from the goal.

MC, you remember the # that was put up in Orlando on new 3d line MBC patients per year?

What % increase in Market share do we need MC?

Lets put it another way: 2535 patients getting 3 vials per cycle for the average of 5 cycles would give Eisai 22,815 additional vials over what we are selling now. At $920/vial that would bring in $20,989,800 in additional revenue.

Anyone remember what our Regional goal is? that number is 50% of the regional goal. MC, you told us we are around 85-90% as a region....Did you pull the 3 additional new patients per territory out of your ass?

MC, go back to PC and let the ONC drive the PBR for EISAI

For anyone to talk about 3 new patients per week on Halaven, they would have to be totally insensitive to the plight of MBC patients I'm tired of pharma putting numbers on patient's suffering. For all of our hhc talk, breaking it down like that makes us no better than ambulance chasers. Haven't we learned anything in the years we have been in this business? How can you be so hhc focused on one hand and so grab some scripts focused on the other. I hate that attitude. Whoever said that needs to be more mature. We are dealing with lives here, not money bags. And yes, I am worried about the impending layoffs because as our industry evolves, they need less of us. The whole model needs an overhaul.

For anyone to talk about 3 new patients per week on Halaven, they would have to be totally insensitive to the plight of MBC patients I'm tired of pharma putting numbers on patient's suffering. For all of our hhc talk, breaking it down like that makes us no better than ambulance chasers. Haven't we learned anything in the years we have been in this business? How can you be so hhc focused on one hand and so grab some scripts focused on the other. I hate that attitude. Whoever said that needs to be more mature. We are dealing with lives here, not money bags. And yes, I am worried about the impending layoffs because as our industry evolves, they need less of us. The whole model needs an overhaul.

Great post! Eisai is so hypocritical it's not even funny. Lets do hhc but ALSO make the biggest profit we can. Just be honest, it's a public company so the goal is to make $ for the shareholders, not some altruistic BS like hhc.

I couldn't agree more. If we were actually on an hhc mission/allowed to approach business that way, sales would naturally follow. If the moral ground has one foot on the dirt and one on the money, it will never work. It's gotta be all or none.