Why so many openings?

Anonymous

I had an phone interview with Astellas, and prior I noticed 55 primary care opening across the country. Why so many?

The phone interviewer said it was an expansion. I doubted that when they told me the incredible size of the territory. What is the real reason?

<

I had an phone interview with Astellas, and prior I noticed 55 primary care opening across the country. Why so many?

The phone interviewer said it was an expansion. I doubted that when they told me the incredible size of the territory. What is the real reason?

Announced expansion of 100-150 primary care positions in anticipation of Mirabegron and others.

Some of the listed openings are for an expansion, some are not. For example, I know of several primary care positions that are not open as a result of expansion (they are open as a result of reps not being able to tolerate the hostile working environment), and none of the hospital positions are due to an expanding sales force.

Be cautious. This used to be a fantastic company. The culture has degraded into big pharma on steroids. Among upper management, most are big pharma recruits, and there has been quite a bit of turnover. Management understands nothing but metrics, and your life will revolve around reach and frequency and not achieving sales goals--sales numbers don't seem to matter.

cawz we gotz crazy shit goin here man. it's all droppin hollah!!! we makin it rain up in here!!