• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Why not let people volunteer for layoff?

Anonymous

Many of us have had enough of the pain and suffering of IT at Novartis.

Many people tell me they would love the option to go. This includes myself.

WTF Novartis, let us Choose!!!!

I got the boot most unceremoniously in my year end in review without any prior warning, fuckers..... then to avoid giving me a decent payout my useless manager tried to go down the route of me 'not being suited to Novartis'. In the one hand he was right - I am no backstabbing hypocrite who'd do anything to succeed. On the other hand, I hadn't given almost 10 years averaging 60 thankless hours a week to get fucked over on bonus and payout as I walked put of the door. I was calm and very straight: (I'd been quietly looking elsewhere in any case as I had reached my tolerance limit working for such a bunch of incompetent twats) 'I can go quietly with a LOT of money or I can make a LOT of noise and drag others through the mud.' I had concrete evidence of inappropriate and in some cases illegal practices at very high level which I made clear I had no problem sharing with the media. Funnily enough they chose option 1 and I danced out of there with a huge payoff :D If you get the
chance to go or unexpectedly get the boot in the bi-annual firing rounds then negotiate smart, they have the money, get all you can and be thankful to have escaped :D