• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Why is Pascal feeding the press?

anonymous

Pascal Soriot, chief executive of AstraZeneca, told the Sunday Times: "We think we have figured out the winning formula and how to get efficacy that, after two doses, is up there with everybody else.
“I can't tell you more because we will publish at some point."

In a complicated scenario where a lot of people already don’t believe in vaccines or pharmaceutical companies, what is the point of saying this things to the press with no data?

<

IDK. But he made that mistake a month ago and the data were iffy. I hoped that the second time around he would wait for the data and then speak. Unless stocks need a lift...
The first time, the data came from Oxford, unfortunately they don’t have the experience or sophistication in clinical trials, now that AZ has taken over, the results and information is different, because we are use to this. Just easy up everyone, it’s all good.

Seeing what a mess AZ is in-house, I’m
not surprised their partner in the vaccine development wasn’t able to execute. Every trial has a study protocol; you simply dose following it. It’s virtually impossible to give 2000+ people the incorrect dose. The way it was reported by the media was a mess too - they made it sound like the dosing mistake was just discovered when it was reported to regulatory bodies when it occurred.

The first time, the data came from Oxford, unfortunately they don’t have the experience or sophistication in clinical trials, now that AZ has taken over, the results and information is different, because we are use to this. Just easy up everyone, it’s all good.

AZ name and credibility is on the line. Any communication regarding AZD should be approved and should go through AZ. Lack of leadership. Terrible PR.