• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Why fire Ashfield Reps to Hire Full Time BI Reps?

anonymous

This makes NO sense. Can someone please explain why contract reps already working and improving sales, that cost BI less, are let go, then the exact jobs are
Posted for a full time position that pays more with BI? And, the BI managers are not encouraging or even asking the Ashfield rep already working the territory, to post for the job? Any insight appreciated. Some good reps are with Ashfield, tenured, experienced, capable. Thinks.

<

This makes NO sense. Can someone please explain why contract reps already working and improving sales, that cost BI less, are let go, then the exact jobs are
Posted for a full time position that pays more with BI? And, the BI managers are not encouraging or even asking the Ashfield rep already working the territory, to post for the job? Any insight appreciated. Some good reps are with Ashfield, tenured, experienced, capable. Thinks.
Welcome to BI. I stopped trying to make sense out of leadership's decisions years ago.

Two things: 1) Due to the fact that BI is of the cheapest companies in history Ashfield reps were not dramatically less expensive than BI (some Ashfield reps had a higher bases than BI reps). The advantage for a company of having a contract sales force is not having the long term liability of benefits (pension,health care,etc).
2) So why not just roll Ashfield reps into BI? Probably some sort of legal thing, if rep A gets rolled in and rep B doesn't then there could be an issue. Not sure why BI DM is not encouraging A reps to apply. In my area they would have.
Finally, trying to make sense of what BI does on a day to day basis is an exercise in frustration. Nobody can deny it is a very poorly managed company and that is due to the fact that the pay is low and you get second rate talent on all levels including management.

I was Ashfield on a diabetes contract and was lucky to roll into BI when they pulled the contract some time ago. They can’t hire you until the contract is up and you are no longer employed for legal issues I believe. And I have heard that they don’t always want to because they didn’t get a chance to see what talent was out there because the Ashfield manager only brought 1 candidate for the BI manager to interview. I treated every day with Ashfield like an interview and always had to prove no one out there was better than myself. It was grueling but it paid off.