• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Why does leadership confuse “concern” with complaining?

anonymous

When management has no real solutions so the leadership makes the decision and gives the direction that anyone who wants to talk through challenges is going to be labeled as negative. It’s got to stop or else more good people are going to leave.

<

When management has no real solutions so the leadership makes the decision and gives the direction that anyone who wants to talk through challenges is going to be labeled as negative. It’s got to stop or else more good people are going to leave.

Look man. You gotta learn not to GAF. The problem is that you sound like you care and want to improve things. Doesn’t matter what you do, you’re trying to sell too many diff drugs at once and still too many people involved in the outcome. So it doesnt matter how you want to help anyway.

Secondly managers just want to tell you what they’re told to tell you. If you ask questions or make suggestions then they have to figure out how to answer it or chase down answers which means work for them. It’s much the same way for them as “going in an office and just getting a signature and leaving.” Understand now?

So play the game, collect your paycheck until your times up

Look man. You gotta learn not to GAF. The problem is that you sound like you care and want to improve things. Doesn’t matter what you do, you’re trying to sell too many diff drugs at once and still too many people involved in the outcome. So it doesnt matter how you want to help anyway.

Secondly managers just want to tell you what they’re told to tell you. If you ask questions or make suggestions then they have to figure out how to answer it or chase down answers which means work for them. It’s much the same way for them as “going in an office and just getting a signature and leaving.” Understand now?

So play the game, collect your paycheck until your times up

That’s bullshit, anyone who’s got any self worth and/ or a record of results will & should push back on weak management. If they ask for suggestions or open things up for a honest debate in a time where things are obviously going sideways, by all means speak up. If they can’t or don’t know how to process your criticisms then it’s likely only a matter of time before another round of layoffs anyhow. Allergan has made a series of questionable changes recently, especially in the Neurosciences division & have lost a TON of top talent as a result.

im telling you....if you question or push back then you’ll be labeled as negative and it’s all down hill from there. Not worth it

Managers who push back quickly realize their career advancement opportunities are finished.
Reps that push back either have a manager who will protect them and tolerate it or they don’t. If your manager doesn’t want to hear it or feels threatened by your comments then look out.
The industry has become so regulated and so policy oriented that anyone who wants to change process and demomstrates that desire by pushing back is deemed a risk. Field sales management is taught and trained to be risk adverse. You figure it out from there.....

The quicker you accept that this a MARKETING job and not a SALES job the better off you will be. I laughed when I saw a comment above referencing “ a track record of results” or some bullshit. You have no results asshole, you are one of ten people in your territory “selling” the same shit.

angry little primary care rep, I sell Botox & speak the truth. Not afraid of weak management because I’m kicking ass in a buy and bill environment. I’ll translate for the primary care folks, I can initiate a sale while I’m in the account. Something you Forrest idiots have no clue about. Allergan is Botox, don’t try to follow adult conversations about the weak management of the company & infer we are talking about anything other than Botox therapeutic or Aesthetic. Now get back to getting signatures & dreaming of a specialty job.

angry little primary care rep, I sell Botox & speak the truth. Not afraid of weak management because I’m kicking ass in a buy and bill environment. I’ll translate for the primary care folks, I can initiate a sale while I’m in the account. Something you Forrest idiots have no clue about. Allergan is Botox, don’t try to follow adult conversations about the weak management of the company & infer we are talking about anything other than Botox therapeutic or Aesthetic. Now get back to getting signatures & dreaming of a specialty job.
You sound like a pathetic insecure loser.

Wow are you a little twerp! Dream big and reach for the stars Forest! One day you just might become the idol you write about!

Are you insane? Allergan hires the most insecure managers in the industry. It's like they seek out people who are fearful and easy to intimidate.

They come off mean and secure. But the minute you push back they pee themselves a little and undies are expensive. They just want you to do what they ask, no questions.

In terms of performance. LOL! Good numbers only impact your bank account. They have no effect on job security at Allergan. IF anytging, your manager will see your compile nce as a threat.

Why? Because your managers know layoffs are inevitable as the company divests. And if their manager position is terminated and your terrritory is close to that managers home, they rather fire uou, take your job because a job is a job so long as bills are payed. You work for weak humans.

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6012062"]That’s bullshit, anyone who’s got any self worth and/ or a record of results will & should push back on weak management. If they ask for suggestions or open things up for a honest debate in a time where things are obviously going sideways, by all means speak up. If they can’t or don’t know how to process your criticisms then it’s likely only a matter of time before another round of layoffs anyhow. Allergan has made a series of questionable changes recently, especially in the Neurosciences division & have lost a TON of top talent as a result.[/QUOTE]