• Thurs news: Moderna targets $1.1B in R&D spending cuts. Gene therapy startup emerges. J&J leads $50M financing for imaging company. Sanofi gets into radioligands. GSK’s mRNA flu vax trial. See more on our front page

Why did DW leave Lilly?

anonymous

I’m here at Abbvie and something doesn’t smell right about D Washington. Any info on why he left Lilly? So far I’m not impressed, seems like a D head. I’ve heard that he was demoted and then fired.

He was lazy, overconfident, not very smart, and not able to connect with people. Normally you would feel sorry for a guy like. Once you got to know him, he was an ass.

He climbed up through the ranks in sales for hiring women and then ruining careers as an HR head. Then he failed as a head of a business unit here. Good riddance. You all are screwed there at Abbvie.

People loved him. I’m so confused by the haters.
Was not a nice guy wasn’t very bright either. Always took the part of the low life’s and came after the most successful. Kinda like people we know today. Every decision he made was wrong , wrong wrong. Took em forever to catch up with his BS. Anyone that saw what his decision making skills were like did Not care for him. IDIOSO’

I worked in his area when he was a sales director. He is shrewd and cherry picked who he wanted to promote.. was not based on performance rather other “attributes”. He lies to your face and screws you over if it helps him. He doesn’t care about black people, just women. F DW.

DW was one of the most unimpressive "leaders" I ever met at Lilly. Obviously not suited for the positions he was placed in by the company. We can all be thankful that someone with courage finally stood up and corrected a big mistake.

DW was one of the most unimpressive "leaders" I ever met at Lilly. Obviously not suited for the positions he was placed in by the company. We can all be thankful that someone with courage finally stood up and corrected a big mistake.

I don't know about his entire career but he was a disaster in the derm division.

Most of us at lilly know that being qualified is not what gets people promotes at lilly. Unfortunately the way that lilly promotes people into all these positions is based in sometimes diversity, managers favorite, etc. everything else doesn’t matter.