Whoops - our competitor

Anonymous

A Covidien representative in Traverse City, Michigan.

TRAVERSE CITY - Police arrested a man they said stole surgical supplies
worth more than $200,000 from Munson Medical Center.

The Traverse City Police Department responded in early May to the
reported theft of surgical supplies from operating rooms at the
hospital.

Police arrested Timothy W. Evans, 50, of Traverse City on Friday after
surveillance footage showed him taking surgical equipment from a prep
room. They believe he used his position as a surgical equipment supplier
to gain access to the restricted areas.

Evans is charged with larceny in a building, a four-year felony. A
preliminary exam is scheduled for June 22 in 86th District Court.

Munson estimates the loss from the thefts at more than $200,000.

<

Simply a stupid move! This guy gives us all a black eye with that move. Not that it makes a difference I heard the estimated loss was lowered to 21K. Who knows how much but even if it was the cost of one suture no need for this stuff. Obamacare is going to be a big enough hurdle for us yet alone a rep giving the entire industry a bad image.

A Covidien representative in Traverse City, Michigan.

TRAVERSE CITY - Police arrested a man they said stole surgical supplies
worth more than $200,000 from Munson Medical Center.

The Traverse City Police Department responded in early May to the
reported theft of surgical supplies from operating rooms at the
hospital.

Police arrested Timothy W. Evans, 50, of Traverse City on Friday after
surveillance footage showed him taking surgical equipment from a prep
room. They believe he used his position as a surgical equipment supplier
to gain access to the restricted areas.

Evans is charged with larceny in a building, a four-year felony. A
preliminary exam is scheduled for June 22 in 86th District Court.

Munson estimates the loss from the thefts at more than $200,000.

Covidien doesn't have a rep by that name in Traverse City. Some posters get a hard on just makin'g sh** up. Probably had to get used doing it to sell Enseal every day.

None of these say what company he worked for. I don't really care if he works for Covidien. I'm just calling bullshit on the inference you are making. On the Covidien and Applied boards it says it was a J n J rep.

None of these say what company he worked for. I don't really care if he works for Covidien. I'm just calling bullshit on the inference you are making. On the Covidien and Applied boards it says it was a J n J rep.

Definitely the Covidien rep. I worked with him and can tell you with 100% certainty that he's one of ours.

"An Applied Medical representative was viewed on surveillance removing boxes of inventory from the facility, which resulted in charges of petty theft, with a total loss of $5.73. However, these charges were later dropped after the hospital confirmed that, in fact, they actually paid the Applied rep to remove his cheap, oversized trocars."

I know this man and I can tell you I'm completely shocked. He's not a criminal or weirdo, but a good person, loving husband and father. Whatever caused him to do this is beyond me. It's easy to crack jokes and lay blame but keep in mind his family may be seeing these posts too. They are now in a position of having to sort through all of this. Choose your words carefully.

I know this man and I can tell you I'm completely shocked. He's not a criminal or weirdo, but a good person, loving husband and father. Whatever caused him to do this is beyond me. It's easy to crack jokes and lay blame but keep in mind his family may be seeing these posts too. They are now in a position of having to sort through all of this. Choose your words carefully.

I would hope his family has more important things to do than read this message board...like hire an attorney. NO excuse for theft (this man is a criminal) and it gives a black eye to every rep in the industry.

Would you like to retract your comments? Obviously, you were wrong.

No mention of it on the Covidien or Applied boards either.

Perhaps he should have thought of his family when he was stealing product from the hospital...